News Nathan Bassett Departs

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Davies: The sky is blue
PowerLil

Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
CD: I'm announcing my resignation effective immediate
PL: heck, he's here for life

What we are doing in this space feels like how many tines i've seen Ken give a press or media interview after our straight sets exit....c. little to none.

They know what's happening and they know what we all think, hence announce nothing until April when Ken also reappears.

Such a staged managed pile of mediocrity is Port.

I'm really disappointed that we are looking internally. We need fresh ideas and new relationships if we are going to improve. See my earlier post on GroupThink.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would the pitch to a prospective assistant look like? You'll have to move cities, we won't pay you any more than your current club, we won't offer you any more opportunity or career progression than your current club - what do you say?

We could probably get a recently retired, relatively low profile player looking for a first opportunity or someone out of the system from a lower level but people would complain about that too.

Ultimately the soft cap is another mechanism that favours Victorian clubs. Without the ability to choose how much we spend and where we spend it, we're totally hamstrung looking for off field staff.

I've got hope for Goldsack tbh there's something about the guy, hard to tell at SANFL level when it's now a development dictated role with wildly unbalanced sides and 5th tier top-ups.

It's inward thinking as usual from the club, but it might be one that goes against the grain & works.

I've got hope for Goldsack tbh there's something about the guy, hard to tell at SANFL level when it's now a development dictated role with wildly unbalanced sides and 5th tier top-ups.

It's inward thinking as usual from the club, but it might be one that goes against the grain & works.
5% of the time it works 100% of the time mentality.

lol we could literally employ any other SANFL head coach and it would be better. This club is really weird. It's like some government agency just plopping redeployee's into roles they are grossly unqualified for because they at least turn up for work.

Our ascent from the mire started with putting together a core group of good coaches around Hinkley, sounds like we are falling back to our dark days of whoever is cheapest. Explain to me how Cornes, Goldsack are any better than Hocking and Skype Laidley?

How long till they are coaching via zoom?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back