Traded Jack Ginnivan [Traded with #39, F2 & F4 to Hawthorn for #33, F2 & F3]

Remove this Banner Ad

No way 33 gets it done.

IMO the Hawks need to try to split pick 4 into 2 first rounders, and then Pies chuck in Ginnivan and 19 for a pick in the early teens.

Crows's 14 might get it done. Something like this:

Pies:
IN
: Pick 14
OUT: Ginnivan, Pick 19

Hawks:
IN
: Pick 10, Pick 19, Ginnivan
OUT: Pick 4

Crows:
IN
: Pick 4
OUT: Pick 10, Pick 14
You are absolutely dreaming if you think the Hawks are moving on pick 4 to get this guy, regardless of what comes back.

That will be nothing like the complete turn Collingwood fans will be doing when he drops into a tackle from now on.

It will start with Eddie who used his platform at every oppotunity to go "its a disgrace Ginni not getting free kicks" It will then become "the bloke ducks his head, play on" as we all know Eddie is a hypocrit and the whole Collingwood supporter base will join in.
He'll cop the boos, but we know that he loves it more than being cheered for

So he's being cheered either way 🤣

He has the talent to definitely start, I'm just saying (I don't know if you've watched many of our games recently), he's gonna have to work damn hard to get ahead of Moore, Breust or CMC.
Breust is nearly done. Wingard is injured a lot and doesnt really kick many goals any more. Is Moore more of a half forward? Gets a lot of touches but was down on goals this year. CMC looks promising. I would say that there is a spot there for Ginni.

Last edited:
That will be nothing like the complete turn Collingwood fans will be doing when he drops into a tackle from now on.

It will start with Eddie who used his platform at every oppotunity to go "its a disgrace Ginni not getting free kicks" It will then become "the bloke ducks his head, play on" as we all know Eddie is a hypocrit and the whole Collingwood supporter base will join in.
…. and if you recruit him and he is tackled high, you’ll be calling for play on?
Everyone defends their players, it may well now be your turn to defend this bloke.

…. and if you recruit him and he is tackled high, you’ll be calling for play on?
Everyone defends their players, it may well now be your turn to defend this bloke.
No if he ducks his head then it’s play on the way it should be, just because he could end up playing for my team I will not change my stance.
That’s why I hated Selwood as a player.
As I said though just watch Collingwood supporters change their tune though and we all know who will be leading it, yep that massive hypocrite Eddie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stephenson was a Rising Star winner and a vastly more talented player than Ginnivan.

While he won't realise that talent now, even when the heat death of the universe occurs and all life ceases Stephenson will still have more talent than Ginnivan.
Just needed a visit to the Wizard of Oz to pick up a couple of things.

No if he ducks his head then it’s play on the way it should be, just because he could end up playing for my team I will not change my stance.
That’s why I hated Selwood as a player.
As I said though just watch Collingwood supporters change their tune though and we all know who will be leading it, yep that massive hypocrite Eddie.
I don’t think so. He has been a fan favourite. There are Pie fans who don’t like how he plays. To be honest, it was actually frustrating at times because he could have given the ball to a teammate in a better position but would brace for a free.

In my opinion, he played within the rules. After the first dozen games, he was harshly treated by umpires when frees were obviously there but not paid.

Every club has players go low. I just don’t understand why the onus is not on the tackler to improve his tackling style.

I remember Toby Green being interviewed and didn’t know what the fuss was all about. He admitted it was a technique he used.

People talk about the ‘spirit of the game’. Well Cripps constantly fake handballing last season to draw a 50 wasn’t in the spirit of the game. Hipwood and Zorko is the 1st qtr of the GF playing for head high frees (and getting them) when contact was nowhere near it.

I don’t think so. He has been a fan favourite. There are Pie fans who don’t like how he plays. To be honest, it was actually frustrating at times because he could have given the ball to a teammate in a better position but would brace for a free.

In my opinion, he played within the rules. After the first dozen games, he was harshly treated by umpires when frees were obviously there but not paid.

Every club has players go low. I just don’t understand why the onus is not on the tackler to improve his tackling style.

I remember Toby Green being interviewed and didn’t know what the fuss was all about. He admitted it was a technique he used.

People talk about the ‘spirit of the game’. Well Cripps constantly fake handballing last season to draw a 50 wasn’t in the spirit of the game. Hipwood and Zorko is the 1st qtr of the GF playing for head high frees (and getting them) when contact was nowhere near it.
All very good points but I can guarantee Eddie will be silent when the debate comes up next year about whether the kid deserves a free kick. I just hope if he becomes a Hawk he pulls his head in with regard to off field and acts like a sponge whenever Luke Breust teaches him something.

Every club has 3-4 players that lets just say bend the rules doesn't matter what side where they came this year, every cub has them. Actually thought Ginnavan got better at not doing it anyway. He's a 19 year old inconsistent small forward, well blow me a feather what 19 year old isn't inconsistent, which is worse in the small forward position. Despite this inconsistency averages 1.5 goals a game...

We don't need him we have too many small forwards but most clubs would love a foerward averaging 1-2 goals a game as a small

Every club has 3-4 players that lets just say bend the rules
There are degrees. Most sides don't actually have a player who searches for a free kick most possessions. All the usual suspects are memorable because they reliably do some form of staging (often dropping at the knees and using the forearm to force the tackling arm onto the head, selwood style).

No way 33 gets it done.

IMO the Hawks need to try to split pick 4 into 2 first rounders, and then Pies chuck in Ginnivan and 19 for a pick in the early teens.

Crows's 14 might get it done. Something like this:

Pies:
IN
: Pick 14
OUT: Ginnivan, Pick 19

Hawks:
IN
: Pick 10, Pick 19, Ginnivan
OUT: Pick 4

Crows:
IN
: Pick 4
OUT: Pick 10, Pick 14
mp.gif

There are degrees. Most sides don't actually have a player who searches for a free kick most possessions. All the usual suspects are memorable because they reliably do some form of staging (often dropping at the knees and using the forearm to force the tackling arm onto the head, selwood style).

Every club has 1-2 of those types, look objectively I hate it like nothing before when Gulden and Papley do this rubbish. Half the reason Errol has a better year was he stopped worrying about the rubbish. You have a couple in your Hawks side, even you can admit that

More than happy to keep him if he doesn't attract a 2nd round pick minimum (preferably future 2nd). I'm as critical of him as anyone, I think he's a one dimensional small forward, without much positional flexibility, and a pretty poor overall athlete. But his pure footy smarts in terms of being in the right place at the right time along with his goal sense is elite. Those latter traits are unteachable and aren't going anywhere, so at 20, he obviously has upside. But he has to be put in the right system and played in the correct role to have the type of success he had his second year, he's not gonna be particularly successful without that. If you are a side that can afford to accommodate that type of player in your forward line (someone who isn't gonna contribute much in terms of work rate, ball accumulation or forward pressure, but will consistently be in the right spot for goal opportunities), you are gonna get performances closer to his previous season than the most recent one. That type of output is arguably worth more than a second rounder (but I'd take a second given the other issues surrounding him on and off field)
The problem for me is that the we don’t have the forward line to accommodate for him to be lax defensively.

Defensive effort as a forward is underrated and Ginnivan gives pretty much nothing in that category.

Who?

We had puopolo but he is long retired. Surely that isn't who you mean?

Bruest does it, and a couple of your younger players do, it's hardly some big deal every club has a couple

Remove this Banner Ad

Back