Past #7: Jack Ziebell [Part II] - retires post-RFC game/280gm&183gl/6yr captain - Shinboner - assaulted post-RFC game& in hospital - get well soon JZ

Remove this Banner Ad

C7 news said another player had been pushed down some stairs

Poor Nick Larkey slipped and went down with McKay and Corr we aren’t tanking.

Two men have been arrested following the alleged assault of another man in South Yarra early yesterday morning.

Police were called to Commercial Road about 1am Sunday 20 August, following reports a 32-year-old man was allegedly assaulted in an unprovoked incident outside a bar.

It will be alleged the victim was punched in the face, causing him to fall onto the road, before he was allegedly kicked while on the ground.

Following the alleged assault, the 32-year-old was taken to the Epworth Hospital with facial injuries.

Following enquiries by detectives from the Stonnington Crime Investigation Unit, two men aged 21 and 26 – both from Narre Warren – attended Prahran Police Station, where they were arrested just after 1pm today.

The 21-year-old was charged with affray, intentionally cause injury, and assault by kicking. He was bailed to appear in the Melbourne Magistrate’s Court on 24 October 2023.

The 26-year-old was released pending further enquiries.
A 21 year old king hit JZ? WTF?

What jy said, it makes it sound like he went out lookin for it and was touched up by a 21 year old with a little bit of dash
I don't think Jy said anything close to that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe not, but alcohol does make people do things out of character. I certainly hope not but what Jy said absolutely made it sound like that. Story changed from getting a mate in to a mate in trouble.
Going out to help a mate who he believes is in trouble doesn't necessarily imply he went outside looking for a fight...

Brother I love you but I wish this didn’t exist. This is horrible.
They ambulance chased him not only walking to hospital but when he’s waiting inside too ffs

I have no words.

Not one person asked for this.
NO ONE.

No doubt Channel 9 will run and cry again.
Thank f*** for Clarko. He’s the only campaigner at the club who calls these parasites out and I hope he rips into them this week.

Exactly. Your ****ing time will come indeed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back