Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lachie Neale, Dawson, Laird, JHF & Rozee for starters.

You'd have to be an imbecile to think they couldn't roll anyone on a given day.

how good is the afl website? i'm sure we all gave up looking at it for anything other than refreshing scores and gameday stats about a decade ago, but how's this...

if you go to the stats page, then leaders and awards you can look at state leagues: State League Leaders & Awards - AFL.com.au

you click on the SANFL and it just generates a plain text pdf list lol

this is a multi billion dollar sporting league. instead of having something as advanced as a table, something which spreadsheet programs mastered in the very early 90s, it's a plain text generated pdf list.

like... there's 150 odd years of history and this is how much they care about it. the "custodians of the game". you could literally get a high school kid as an intern to copy and paste the wikipedia article. or get chat GPT to do it.

Jonts real quick SA soo team
Its better than it was 5 years ago but needs talls
Forwards
Luko, Rankine, Hayward, Phillipou, Pedler, Fogarty Frederick

Defenders
Burton, B smith, Daniel, Redman, Wanganeen Milera, michealanny

Midfielders
Rozee, Neale, Laird, Dawson, Day, JHF

Ruck
Grundy, Draper

Jonts real quick SA soo team
Its better than it was 5 years ago but needs talls
Forwards
Luko, Rankine, Hayward, Phillipou, Pedler, Fogarty Frederick

Defenders
Burton, B smith, Daniel, Redman, Wanganeen Milera, michealanny

Midfielders
Rozee, Neale, Laird, Dawson, Day, JHF

Ruck
Grundy, Draper
Would get smashed by Chris McDermotts team, led by Robbie Gray and a 17yo Jack Lukosius

state of origin3.jpg

Lachie Neale, Dawson, Laird, JHF & Rozee for starters.

You'd have to be an imbecile to think they couldn't roll anyone on a given day.
Any one AFL team, sure, but in this scenario they're not facing off against any one AFL team, they're facing off against Bont, Petracca, Oliver, Butters and Daicos. Not to mention Max Gawn or Sean Darcy versus Lycett or ROB in the ruck.

All due respect to JHF who will be a star, but he doesn't belong in the same sentence as those names just yet. Nor does Laird, for that matter.

After I won 14k on the vic centric media having ollie out at insane odds for the Brownlow I told my missus not to get excited and it would never ever happen again. The likihood of a port player being way undersold for the Brownlow (which is likely tho) port having a strong enough year to get votes and a port midfielder having an insane year was a combo I’m not expecting to happen often.

Cut to this year and I put money before the season started on both rozee and butters to win the Brownlow thinking both were well undersold in value by the market and both ready to break out.

Lol.

Got insane odds on butters $200 and $150. Pity I only put chump change on him. Still a few k if he wins it.

Chump change? I've never made a bet over $25, except for that time I had the inside word on reality tv results so I put $100 on that, as that was the maximum allowed, which was literally a sure thing.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any one AFL team, sure, but in this scenario they're not facing off against any one AFL team, they're facing off against Bont, Petracca, Oliver, Butters and Daicos. Not to mention Max Gawn or Sean Darcy versus Lycett or ROB in the ruck.

All due respect to JHF who will be a star, but he doesn't belong in the same sentence as those names just yet. Nor does Laird, for that matter.
Grundy is South Australian and so is Draper. That South Australian midfield is competitive against the Victorians.

ROB is Victorian as well.

Chump change? I've never made a bet over $25, except for that time I had the inside word on reality tv results so I put $100 on that, as that was the maximum allowed, which was literally a sure thing.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Just checked, yeah only around $20 on butters to win. At the odds he was at that’s still a nice payoff.

It might not be as good as the Vic team but it's a shitload better than what it was a few years ago

The history of State of Origin is littered with so-called unbeatable Vic sides getting done like a dinner by SA & WA sides, as for JHF they used to pick up & comers all the time.

That SA midfield would trouble the fukc out of anyone on their day.

how good is the afl website? i'm sure we all gave up looking at it for anything other than refreshing scores and gameday stats about a decade ago, but how's this...

if you go to the stats page, then leaders and awards you can look at state leagues: State League Leaders & Awards - AFL.com.au

you click on the SANFL and it just generates a plain text pdf list lol

this is a multi billion dollar sporting league. instead of having something as advanced as a table, something which spreadsheet programs mastered in the very early 90s, it's a plain text generated pdf list.

like... there's 150 odd years of history and this is how much they care about it. the "custodians of the game". you could literally get a high school kid as an intern to copy and paste the wikipedia article. or get chat GPT to do it.

32D1E11E-2305-4392-AA6A-89C49DD001EF.jpeg

Apparently the VFL was not one of those “senior state leagues” “before the formation of the national league”…..

homer simpson GIF

A couple of weeks ago somebody posted possibly state of origin sides for Victoria WA SA and the Allies, the SA side was absolute garbage compared to Victoria and WA.
Coaching matters, though.

Very rarely is a full team available for these types of things, and if you took out say , 3-6 of those players , the next 3-6 coming in would be a fair level below and the side wouldn’t look very good.

Vic could lose 3-6, and still not suffer as much.

Very rarely is a full team available for these types of things, and if you took out say , 3-6 of those players , the next 3-6 coming in would be a fair level below and the side wouldn’t look very good.

Vic could lose 3-6, and still not suffer as much.
Can only think of Burton, Fantasia, Lycett from our group, and no one from anywhere else.

Very shallow pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back