The Luke Jackson trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Snakes and Ladders requires too much counting.
Clash Royale Goblin GIF by Clasharama

Jackson has plenty of time to develop but for this trade to work out for Freo, he must end up being a gun forward who can also ruck, not vice versa.

Saw one great game from him where he did this and they rest were just flashes. Freo went all in on this evidence and paid through the nose.

Hope it works out for them.

Sean Darcy is the bigger issue not Jackson. If Jackson is a “unicorn”, Darcy is more like a pug. Barely gets out of a jog, has no tricks and looks out of shape. Freo really should have moved him on last year and given Jackson 90% of the ruck work.

this.

freo fans love to make fun of fat nat but Darcy is doing a speed run to an even worse prognosis.

can’t believe neither of them have made or had it forced upon them the effort to drop 10kegs

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two firsts and a second looking pretty “good business” at the minute.

How nice would a big fat Fremantle meltdown be? Like sack the coach, bottom 4, player exodus type of meltdown. Bit of scandal, players rolling cars over from partying, suspensions etc.

I guess Freo got spooked because they didn’t want the Eagles to get him
I reckon they just lured him outta spite. Everyone and their dog knew House Party Hogan was a risk but we fleeced them for a Top 10 pick plus change, then he got booted after a handful of games.
Now looks like they “doubledowned” on the stupid.

Last edited:
this.

freo fans love to make fun of fat nat but Darcy is doing a doing a speed run to an even worse prognosis.

can’t believe neither of them have made or had it forced upon them the effort to drop 10kegs

They are on the Nic Nat diet.

I was asking Freo fans about Jackson during the trade period, I didn't see him being worth what was being asked at the time, but he is very young, has plenty of time to come good... it is just hard for a side that wants to contend, you need more output from your players.

The Jackson trade may still work out but Freo may want to tweak their strategy of cajoling young Perth based talent to come home.

Hogan, McCarthy and Bennell were massive busts. They had mixed success with Bradley Hill and Lobb but both pissed off fairly quickly. It’s almost as though offering huge trade, draft and salary cap capital for blokes to come back and underperform on a massive pay packet and have a good time with their scaly *boy mates at Claremont isn’t a recipe for success.

It’s our modus operandi.
For some reason we feel obligated to trade these guys in. Even with the Jackson trade the majority of fans I know weren’t keen

Kelly trade

Freo have invested pretty well in youth
Amiss, odriscoll, erasmus, Johnson all to come into a relatively young side

Jackson will find his feet.

Not dissimilar to the sheezel contract extension thread - far too early

ROFL. Darcy sh*ts all over Jackson as a ruckman, and Jackson is pure hype elsewhere around the ground. On a pure comparison on what each offers, Darcy offers more than Jackson because at least he is a bona fide genuine ruckman. Jackson is neither a No. 1 ruckman nor can he lay claim to holding down a position elsewhere
You're judging Jackson on what though? He is playing out of position at the moment right? Every time he has played solo ruck he has dominated. A stat line of 25 touches, 8 tackles, 7 clearances, 25 hitouts are the sort of numbers he will put up when in his prime and given the opportunity but you're basing a 21 year old ruckman (even tho he isn't rucking) and has always been stuck behind a generational ruck in Max Gawn. I'm all for critiquing a player but surely wait until he fails when given the solo ruck gig first. His groundball, tackling and clearance stuff will be what he excels at when given the sole ruck position imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back