Season 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Hallam would still have to go to Yarra Glen, Warburton-Millgrove and Healseville though.
They are really going to miss those nice short trips to Lyndhurst, Doveton Eagles, Lyndale and Dandenong.

Alex and Broady-Yea should put in a clearance request as well on those grounds alone. Fancy a club having its ambitions being held back by an assurance to one club that was not even in the league at the time.

That'd stuff their little three-tier cardboard empire. A three-club Division 2 in 2024.

Have we had a response from Southern re: Hallam? They could still reject it.

Last edited:
Hallam would still have to go to Yarra Glen, Warburton-Millgrove and Healseville though.
They are really going to miss those nice short trips to Lyndhurst, Doveton Eagles, Lyndale and Dandenong.

Alex and Broady-Yea should put in a clearance request as well on those grounds alone. Fancy a club having its ambitions being held back by an assurance to one club that was not even in the league at the time.

That'd stuff their little three-tier cardboard empire. A three-club Division 2 in 2024.

Have we had a response from Southern re: Hallam? They could still reject it.

Makes no sense at all. How long will the league and higher go with the Yea and Broadford will both field teams next seaon.

As per NFNL announcement 50 mins ago

Kinglake was unanimously voted into the NFNL by affiliate members at a Special General Meeting earlier this month before their transfer from Outer East Football Netball League was ratified by AFL Victoria

Guess that means only 5 teams in Division 2 now

As per NFNL announcement 50 mins ago

Kinglake was unanimously voted into the NFNL by affiliate members at a Special General Meeting earlier this month before their transfer from Outer East Football Netball League was ratified by AFL Victoria

Guess that means only 5 teams in Division 2 now

Four.

So, the league is still going to power on with a five-team third tier instead of seeing sense and reason and going to two divisions?

Are they going to have a top five in their five-team division so that everyone makes finals and can feel like a winner? God preserve us!

I'm glad Kinglake got out of such a ludicrous situation.

So, the league is still going to power on with a five-team third tier instead of seeing sense and reason and going to two divisions?

Are they going to have a top five in their five-team division so that everyone makes finals and can feel like a winner? God preserve us!

I'm glad Kinglake got out of such a ludicrous situation.
MortlockWatcher the league is a joke.
Emus with their heads in the sand.
A top 5 for division 2 is gold, everyone gets a trophy.

Promises to Hallam about not having to travel, how is that looking now?

2 divisions is the only possible solution

Wonder what the repercussions are with Alexandra and Broadford-Yea?

I reckon you might see both clubs pondering their future over the next few weeks and maybe give their notice to the league as they look towards the Riddell, Heathcote or Kyabram leagues.

It's becoming untenable for them to be so far from their rival clubs, when travel in the Riddell league is more favourable.

That will then allow the league to fulfil their guarantee to Hallam PMSL.

Division 1

Narre
Woori
Wandin
Olinda
Monbulk
Pakenham
Mt Evelyn
Upwey
Gembrook
Officer

Division 2

Seville
Berwick Springs
Emerald
Healesville
Yarra Glen
Belgrave
Powelltown
Yarra Junction
Warburton
Alexandra
Broadford

Division 1

Narre
Woori
Wandin
Olinda
Monbulk
Pakenham
Mt Evelyn
Upwey
Gembrook
Officer

Division 2

Seville
Berwick Springs
Emerald
Healesville
Yarra Glen
Belgrave
Powelltown
Yarra Junction
Warburton
Alexandra
Broadford

Put Seville up replace Officer who want out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder what the repercussions are with Alexandra and Broadford-Yea?

I reckon you might see both clubs pondering their future over the next few weeks and maybe give their notice to the league as they look towards the Riddell, Heathcote or Kyabram leagues.

It's becoming untenable for them to be so far from their rival clubs, when travel in the Riddell league is more favourable.

That will then allow the league to fulfil their guarantee to Hallam PMSL.

Could be a chance for AFL Goulburn Murray to sure up the region. Bring in Alexandra, Broadford and Yea: all of which have their juniors playing in the Goulburn Murray Junior League.

Also bring in Ovens & King Grand Finalists: Benalla All Blacks and Bonnie Doon, along with Goorambat.

6 clubs to form a “Strathbogie League” with possibly a couple of KDL clubs to consider: Violet Town, Longwood, Avenel and Nagambie?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

At what point does AFL VIC show some leadership and sort out this mess?
The borders between leagues have become non existent.
Certain clubs sitting in or trying to get to leagues where they clearly don’t fit.
Leagues squabbling over stealing each other’s clubs.

How about AFL VIC tell certain clubs where their home is or where possible give them their viable options to suit their location and standard.
Set some general boundaries for leagues while they are at it.

Actually justify the cash they are charging for affiliation and solve some obvious problems.

Last edited:
The borders between leagues have become non existent.
Certain clubs sitting in or trying to get to leagues where they clearly don’t fit.
Leagues squabbling over stealing each other’s clubs.

How about AFL VIC tell certain clubs where their home is or where possible give them their viable options to suit their location and standard.
Set some general boundaries for leagues while they are at it.

Actually justify the cash they are charging for affiliation and solve some obvious problems.

$$$$$$$$$$$

I think that where it has become murky is the whole jurisdiction thing now where many comps have walked away from AFL Vic. As club supporters not that closely involved with this administrative side of things, most of us not really sure of how much authority AFL Vic has to make a final say? There will be a process but I guess for most here, the detail is really just opinion. Am sure it will come out in the wash.

Last edited:
I think that where it has become murky is the whole jurisdiction thing now where many comps have walked away from AFL Vic. As club supporters not that closely involved with this administrative side of things, most of us not really sure of how much authority AFL Vic has to make a final say? Am sure it will come out in the wash.
ManInWhite how many comps have walked away from AFL VIC and not affiliated?

AFLOE and one other (I think Picola District but not sure) are the only ones I have heard of.

Are there any others?

Hi folks. I attended the RESERVES Berwick Springs V Gembrook-Cockatoo GF last Friday and managed to video the LAST QUARTER of the match as well as the medal presentation with my camcorder. I've uploaded the video to YouTube. Click on the link below if you're interested in taking a look. Enjoy and please like and subscribe to my channel if you can.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back