List Mgmt. Ben Amarfio - has resigned as our CEO - Thank you Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Barrett has the maturity of an infant. And Francis Who? There's a reason he has shuffled off into anonymity

These campaigners hounded Ben Amarfio out of the job and once they got their pound of flesh, they are hanging the club and Sonja for doing exactly what they were demanding. Get absolutely ****ed.

Barrett has the maturity of an infant. And Francis Who? There's a reason he has shuffled off into anonymity
Leach is usually pretty measured about things, he does usually airs genuine opinions and doesn’t go in for cheap shots and the like. For a journo he’s ok

I mean if Clarko is calling all the shots it is a little unorthodox, it may work but it is different

I suppose generally the media has been correct on this. Plenty of scribes have been saying that BA out was part of Clarko's requirements. Lucky guess or in the know - who knows. But the speculation has been rife and end result is correct. We will attract some solid negative media I suspect - 'coach runs the club' sorta stuff.
Reminds me of the Monday where Rutten was sacked and Clarko was appointed Essendon coach that night.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Leach is usually pretty measured about things, he does usually airs genuine opinions and doesn’t go in for cheap shots and the like. For a journo he’s ok

I mean if Clarko is calling all the shots it is a little unorthodox, it may work but it is different
He's an idiot.

IF:
Ben Amarfio says
1662092482209.png
THEN:
Carlton board members be like
200.gif

He's an idiot.

Far less of one than most in the Industry.

Whilst I disagree with the tone of what he wrote I do think the Clarko “powers” are a bit out of the norm for a footy club that isn’t a criticism or praise it’s just an observation.

Far less of one than most in the Industry.

Whilst I disagree with the tone of what he wrote I do think the Clarko “powers” are a bit out of the norm for a footy club that isn’t a criticism or praise it’s just an observation.
He is an absolute ****ing idiot and he's basing Clarko's powers off an unconfirmed report. He was an absolute dick about our last coaching hire process too. He has a brand that says he must be a champion of the underdog and stand up to power no matter how wrong he is and how many good people he shits on to get his message across.
Pompous, supercilious hypocrite. Glad he's mostly invisible these days.

He is an absolute ******* idiot and he's basing Clarko's powers off an unconfirmed report. He was an absolute dick about our last coaching hire process too. He has a brand that says he must be a champion of the underdog and stand up to power no matter how wrong he is and how many good people he shits on to get his message across.
I don’t see that at all generally he’s been ok, I don’t recall the criticism of the prior coaching process.

Maybe I’ve missed heaps of his stuff.

He is an absolute ******* idiot and he's basing Clarko's powers off an unconfirmed report. He was an absolute dick about our last coaching hire process too. He has a brand that says he must be a champion of the underdog and stand up to power no matter how wrong he is and how many good people he shits on to get his message across.
Pompous, supercilious hypocrite. Glad he's mostly invisible these days
Pompous supercilious hypocrite. Yes. Very apt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The media uproar is now just hoeing in the boots because Clarko didn’t go to * like 99.99% of the ****wit media wanted to happen.

How can we duck over North now, oh wait let’s say that Clarko is the next Hitler and is going to run Norf Melbourne into the ground with his power trip.

Genuinely don't understand this. Yes the football operations needed an overhaul but if his commercial, stakeholder and fiscal management were as strong as they appear it makes no sense to me at all.
I think it’s just out with the old in with the new . Ben and David were aligned and the club and Ben probably thought everything needs to start afresh.

Yep. How dare North not interview Joyce Brown? Joyce was probably the only person less qualified for the role than David Noble.

Nowadays he's a slightly bitter, over the hill hipster version of Gerard Whatley. Thinks that everytime he sends out a tweet that people should treat it like some divine pronouncement.

In reality, he's just another salty Saints supporter. Even at our lowest point in half a century, we're closer to a flag than his club. We know it and he knows it. F*** him.

Huh?

My take on any comments are that he's there for the long haul.
Stamped with an extension?
I took that to mean she was giving him credit when it was all being directed to her.
As our fave Smoocher used to say

Benny gone by Nov 1

TAKE IT TO THE BANK

Bump! That you couldn't see the writing on the wall, just shows how royal blue and white tinted your glasses are.

We all look forward to who will take the reigns but I do hope its a not a direct Clarko appointment.

It’s ‘nonsensical’ that our CEO was not involved in recruiting our next coach? Lol

What about our 3 recruiters walking out?

Unrest with players?

Key players unsigned threatening to walk?

A coach being sacked under 2 years in the job?

Emails being leaked from within the club?

Do I need to go on? Would the above ever happen at say a Geelong or Sydney?

The club has been a complete debacle over the past 12 months and Amarfio has played a significant role in that. But hey if you think having a few bucks in the bank will get us flag number 5, then good luck to that.

This has obviously been a push from Clarko/Viney to get the right people in place. I’m going to back the bloke who has won 4 flags. Honestly if Sonja didn’t get Clarko done, I would have had grave fears for the future of our club. We would have had no coach, another wooden spoon and several players requesting trades.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Complete strawmanning.

Sonja was also either on the board or in the presidential position during all of those events. Should she chuck it in then?

Hope you don't mind the intrusion...

A year ago Carlton sacked Cain Liddle as CEO; a guy who had done wonders for the club commercially but presided over a horrible period on-field and a couple of coaching failures (including one caretaker who got the permanent gig). Stop me if this sounds familiar....

We appointed Brian Cook as his replacement, a geriatric but someone who had the track record both commercially and football-ially....

Obviously Cook's appointment is only one factor in Carlton's improvement this year, but while I was a fan of Liddle I feel much more reassured with Cook in charge.

Hopefully you guys find an equally highly-qualified replacement as CEO. I would love to see our clubs rise back up the ladder so we are playing for some high-stakes McKay cups in the coming years!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back