Player Watch #50: Ben Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouildn't suprise me

Debilitating knee injury, 30 at the end of the year, has a passion for coaching and life outside footy and has just won that elusive flag.

Would be a Dees cult hero. His form at the pointy end of the year last year when Tmac was not firing was pivotal to our flag chances. His hands were unreal in that final's series.
Yeah not sure i agree with this part.

He helped for sure, but I think he would be about 15th on the list for cult hero status in finals.

From this time last year to the GF he averaged 2.4 goals and 6.1 marks a game with Tmac out injured or horribly out of form.

I love how triggered Ben Brown makes you.
An Tmac carried us for the rest of everything.
6 decent games doesn't make you a cult hero. Think you're a little desperate to try and make him into something he's not.

Averages less than 2 goals a game in his Melbourne career and is being paid 700k. Quicker we move on the better

Yeah not sure i agree with this part.

He helped for sure, but I think he would be about 15th on the list for cult hero status in finals.
I love a discard from another team that proves people wrong.

Structurally, I think he was super important. You think we're going on a run with like that in finals with Weideman in his place last year? Tmac was hobbling around doing zilch. Didn't have anyone else and he played his best footy when we needed it. Torched the Cats in that Prelim when the game was hot early and kicked important goals in the GF.

Cult hero for mine

I love a discard from another team that proves people wrong.

Structurally, I think he was super important. You think we're going on a run with like that in finals with Weideman in his place last year? Tmac was hobbling around doing zilch. Didn't have anyone else and he played his best footy when we needed it. Torched the Cats in that Prelim when the game was hot early and kicked important goals in the GF.

Cult hero for mine
Should probably google what cult hero means. Half the people on here don't give a stuff about him. He played a handful of good games among a s**t load of soft efforts. Helped us win a flag but he wasn't even in the top 10 cult hero's of the game

No way ben brown was on that much.

He wasn't going from no contract at North to 700k over 4 years here. In fact his manager at the time told him to turn down the north 700k x 3 year deal early season 2020, which then lead to him leaving.

His deal would be 500k max per year.

No way ben brown was on that much.

He wasn't going from no contract at North to 700k over 4 years here. In fact his manager at the time told him to turn down the north 700k x 3 year deal early season 2020, which then lead to him leaving.

His deal would be 500k max per year.

I stand corrected then.

Should probably google what cult hero means. Half the people on here don't give a stuff about him. He played a handful of good games among a s**t load of soft efforts. Helped us win a flag but he wasn't even in the top 10 cult hero's of the game

Brown has made Chris Dawes a cult hero in my eyes. I was very harsh on him looking back on things. Didnt appreciate Daweshhy's greatness.

Only 3 pages ago - how things change with the veil of negativity back on :cry:

"His contested marking was amazing during the backend of the season and thru finals, never saw these types of things at North. Was always the type to get it on the lead.

He looks like an unmade bed and is so unco with how he locks and extends him arms but I dont give a * how hes done it. Hes turned himself into exactly what we needed him to be as a deep forward, massive kudos to him."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You might have seen those figures of his old contract offer to be fair.

I'd have stormed the place with a pitchfork myself if they did that deal 🤣🤣

Its still bad enough we gave him 4 years.

"His contested marking was amazing during the backend of the season and thru finals, never saw these types of things at North. Was always the type to get it on the lead.

He looks like an unmade bed and is so unco with how he locks and extends him arms but I dont give a * how hes done it. Hes turned himself into exactly what we needed him to be as a deep forward, massive kudos to him."

Im with Homer...That Ben Brown won you a flag. What has he done for me lately?

homer simpson GIF

What lol he's the exact opposite of what we need. Who needs a 200cm bloke with no mobility who can't provide a contest.

What lol he's the exact opposite of what we need. Who needs a 200cm bloke with no mobility who can't provide a contest.

Pretty sure that was me last year after finals. :$

heck I talk some s**t

Just thought i'd flip back a few pages and see what you were talking about:

• There’s just something about standing up and yelling Big Benny Brown!!! My new favourite player

• 1659054218975.png
  • Hes turned himself into exactly what we needed him to be as a deep forward, massive kudos to him
  • Cast aside by the wooden spooners to premiership player is some kind of transformation in the space of twelve months. Played a great back end of the season, a real important cog
  • There were plenty of articles around when he came back in the side that he could have an impact for us in September and he did. Really impressed by how he came back from the dropping, has a bit more competitiveness to his game now.
  • 25 goals in 13 games, would be on track for 40-45 goals in a full season. Had a better finals series than Aaron Naughton with one less game, fantastic finish to the year.
  • You can tell that he doesn't quite fit the social mould of the team by looking at some of the celebrations, but he'll forever be the full-forward that helped lead the team to it's first flag in 57 years.
  • Just noticed BBB was in the pack when Johannisson took his mark. Had picked up Bontempelli and was chasing him to the contest. He covers some serious ground. Huge effort. Now a club legend.
  • Gave us exactly what we needed late in the season - good for a few goals a game, took contested grabs, crashed packs and brought our smalls into it. Bravo boner
  • From cellar dwellar to premiership glory. I'm not sure there is a better story on our list. Let's hope he can stay fit for the next few years while our window is wide open...

Attachments

• 1659054222443.png
    1659054222443.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 1659054225780.png
    1659054225780.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 1659054228934.png
    1659054228934.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 27

• There’s just something about standing up and yelling Big Benny Brown!!! My new favourite player

• View attachment 1459348
  • Hes turned himself into exactly what we needed him to be as a deep forward, massive kudos to him
  • Cast aside by the wooden spooners to premiership player is some kind of transformation in the space of twelve months. Played a great back end of the season, a real important cog
  • There were plenty of articles around when he came back in the side that he could have an impact for us in September and he did. Really impressed by how he came back from the dropping, has a bit more competitiveness to his game now.
  • 25 goals in 13 games, would be on track for 40-45 goals in a full season. Had a better finals series than Aaron Naughton with one less game, fantastic finish to the year.
  • You can tell that he doesn't quite fit the social mould of the team by looking at some of the celebrations, but he'll forever be the full-forward that helped lead the team to it's first flag in 57 years.
  • Just noticed BBB was in the pack when Johannisson took his mark. Had picked up Bontempelli and was chasing him to the contest. He covers some serious ground. Huge effort. Now a club legend.
  • Gave us exactly what we needed late in the season - good for a few goals a game, took contested grabs, crashed packs and brought our smalls into it. Bravo boner
  • From cellar dwellar to premiership glory. I'm not sure there is a better story on our list. Let's hope he can stay fit for the next few years while our window is wide open...
This isn't the loony bin. You can quote posters. Name and shame, I want to post :$ on all of the posts praising Brown including my own.

• View attachment 1459348
Mate even that emo nerd was a hero in the glow of a flag, its the premiership veil of positivity until you remember you hate them all again

This isn't the loony bin. You can quote posters. Name and shame, I want to post :$ on all of the posts praising Brown including my own.

Id prefer if we go back a couple of pages before the flag to where I was saying he was s**t when he was kicking JTG's in the VFL.

Danster would be proud of me, MILES ahead of the curve.

Potting of Brown is a bit odd if he’s retiring. He’s been crap this year but still has two years to run on at least 450k a year, if he retires we won’t have to completely pay that out. Was our best KPF in the last 1/3 of 2021 and I’d rather remember him for that than a rubbish 2022.

I dont think hell retire. Will save my well wishes for when he does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back