Sport Basketball and hoop like stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

76ers "Simmons cost us the series against the Hawks, can't shoot and will not be a championship point guard."

Also the 76ers "We won't accept anything less than a clutch shooting point guard capable of wining us a championship in a trade for Simmons."

Also the 76ers "Idk why no one wants to trade with us, hey Ben, we love you bro, come back."

Good summary

The whole Embiid and Doc throwing him under the bus seems a bit much... Well scratch that, Doc's comment was pretty dumb coming from a coach, don't really buy embiid saying the game turned on the play being that bad tho.

Feel like most of the commentary around this kind of misses on the 4 years prior of constantly accomodating everything for him, choosing him over Jimmy Butler (because Ben wanted to be seen as "the point guard"), Embiid doing everything he could and sacrificing his game and standing out on the perimeter because Ben wouldn't do anything outside of the dunkers spot or evolve his game in a way that could have made them successful as a duo even after years of playoff failure due to his never wanting to expand beyond what he's comfortable with. Doc's comment after game 7 was stupid, but he's a moron, kind of the John Worlsfold of the NBA. I still don't buy Embiids comment in the post game as being that bad.

Not that they want him back, anyway, that much is painfully obvious after they tried to trade him for Harden last season.

I'm fine with what Morey is doing here tho at this point, the idea is to try and win a chip and really their odds more or less stand the same as they are now without him (not good enough) as they would be if they traded for 2 or 3 bit parts just to be rid of him. ****ed if I know what the answer is, but I guess they're just hoping some other start, like what normally happens, get disgruntled and wants out.

We prob shouldn't quote Howard Eskin in here tho lol, dude is a mega campaigner.

Josh Giddey - boy can play.

Not to back over old news ….but I will. Cannot believe we took Sobey to the Olympics over this guy!

Josh Giddey - boy can play.

Not to back over old news ….but I will. Cannot believe we took Sobey to the Olympics over this guy!
Didn't he pull out due to the draft?

I wasn't following it closely but I didn't get that sense. Seemed more he wasn't selected, then in a couple of the pre-Olympics games showed he could seriously play.
That’s my understanding too.

It doesn’t change anything …..we still lose to USA in the semis…….but what was Goorjian thinking?????

It's kind of been the standard Boomers protocol over the years, go with the vets. Surprised Josh Green made the team given he's young. He would have been an immediate upgrade over Delly.
Tell you what….had we lost to someone else in the semi or lost the bronze medal game…..my intensity levels re this selection would be a lot higher!

Beginning this conspiracy theory early.

Pelinka has no interest in what Westbrook offers on the floor, he's only got interest in his deal for the purposes of matching salaries if he maybe tries to swing a deal for Lillard or more likely just to let his gazillion dollar deal off the books in 2 years time when Lebron's deal also expires.

Lebron will sign with whoever drafts LBJ Junior because that's what he's always wanted and it's also really cool, Westbrook will be 35 and maybe worth a mid level deal if they want to keep him at all and they will have 100 million in cap space to build properly around AD with more guards, admittedly the free agency class is not much chop though.

Unless Westbrook decides to stop shooting jumpers he's basically torpedoing Lebron's last decent chance of being the best player on a championship team for another chance at a hard, fast reload.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beginning this conspiracy theory early.

Pelinka has no interest in what Westbrook offers on the floor, he's only got interest in his deal for the purposes of matching salaries if he maybe tries to swing a deal for Lillard or more likely just to let his gazillion dollar deal off the books in 2 years time when Lebron's deal also expires.

Lebron will sign with whoever drafts LBJ Junior because that's what he's always wanted and it's also really cool, Westbrook will be 35 and maybe worth a mid level deal if they want to keep him at all and they will have 100 million in cap space to build properly around AD with more guards, admittedly the free agency class is not much chop though.

Unless Westbrook decides to stop shooting jumpers he's basically torpedoing Lebron's last decent chance of being the best player on a championship team for another chance at a hard, fast reload.
I think it's just the simplest answer, Bron wanted him. There's certainly no deal they can make for Dame that includes him. Whatever the case, it's glorious to watch and I'm enjoying it quite a lot.

I think it's just the simplest answer, Bron wanted him. There's certainly no deal they can make for Dame that includes him. Whatever the case, it's glorious to watch and I'm enjoying it quite a lot.
Why did Bron want Russ? Never understood it at the time and certainly don’t understand it now.

A small forward who dominates ball handling on the perimeter is one of the more difficult star types to build around IMO. LeBron's teams always seem to be caught between surrounding him with shooters or players who can theoretically take the ball handling load off him, but neither ever seems to work out as well as you'd think. I think the latter was the idea behind the Westbrook move.

Why did Bron want Russ? Never understood it at the time and certainly don’t understand it now.
Your guess is as good as mine, like Darealrath said above the idea was probably to take some ball handling duties off him and allow him to have more rest games without tanking their record, but you'd think he'd too smart to know Russ just doesn't at all work with his style. I have very similar thoughts to you on it, but that's why it's hilarious to watch.

A small forward who dominates ball handling on the perimeter is one of the more difficult star types to build around IMO. LeBron's teams always seem to be caught between surrounding him with shooters or players who can theoretically take the ball handling load off him, but neither ever seems to work out as well as you'd think. I think the latter was the idea behind the Westbrook move.
You’re right about the theory of it…..But it’s Russ! The reality was always going to be what we are seeing now.

You’re right about the theory of it…..But it’s Russ! The reality was always going to be what we are seeing now.

Should have got Simmons instead.

A SF who is best on the perimeter with the ball, paired with a PG who's best in the paint without the ball.

Also I always find it ironic that in the AFL a Small Forward is literally small and plays forward. In basketball they don't tend to be small, or necessarily play forward.

I bet if you caught him six beers in he'd confide to you that he thinks he's better than LBJ.
Not even sure he’d need the beers….Russ is a definite starter in the all-time irrational self-confidence line up.

A physical specimen and force of nature who has almost no idea how to play winning 5:5 basketball.

Should have got Simmons instead.

A SF who is best on the perimeter with the ball, paired with a PG who's best in the paint without the ball.

Also I always find it ironic that in the AFL a Small Forward is literally small and plays forward. In basketball they don't tend to be small, or necessarily play forward.
It's got to do with how Basketball was originally designed to be played.

When the rules of basketball were first written, one set of players played exclusively in the defensive side of the court (guards) and the others in the offensive side (forwards). Once both sets of players could go on both sides the positions naturally varied .

I'm very surprised at how the Bulls have started this year. I thought we'd challenge for a playoff spot, but to almost be leading the conference 14 games in?
Maybe I'm bias because Bulls are playing well, but I think this year has been the best NBA season in a long time. Unexpected results and unexpected breakout seasons for players. Who would have thought Washington and Chicago would be leading the pack alongside Brooklyn?

I'm very surprised at how the Bulls have started this year. I thought we'd challenge for a playoff spot, but to almost be leading the conference 14 games in?
Maybe I'm bias because Bulls are playing well, but I think this year has been the best NBA season in a long time. Unexpected results and unexpected breakout seasons for players. Who would have thought Washington and Chicago would be leading the pack alongside Brooklyn?
With Cleveland also in the picture - unbelievable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back