Sport Basketball and hoop like stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

This is true.

Although it feels more likely than not that Simmons will find a reason not to play.

Wonder how it will go over when Goorj yanks him for the last 5 minutes and plays Nathan Sobey 😂
And right on queue reports are coming through that Simmons will skip the Olympics.

And right on queue reports are coming through that Simmons will skip the Olympics.
Love how he'll skip the games to work on his shot at the Sixers request only for them to ship him off as soon as a decent offer is made.

Love how he'll skip the games to work on his shot at the Sixers request only for them to ship him off as soon as a decent offer is made.
I’m over him. Been a big fan but he’s lost me.

I honestly don’t know who would want him. Forget the limitations of his game, who would want a guy who seems so uncommitted to improvement.

A Phoenix vs Hawks finals would be insanely good to watch.

John Collins has completely won me over the last couple weeks; absolute stud.

Still think Bucks go through though.

A Phoenix vs Hawks finals would be insanely good to watch.

John Collins has completely won me over the last couple weeks; absolute stud.

Still think Bucks go through though.
Now that I'm over the Sixers getting done, def throwing my support around that little gremlin Trae. I think they have a real shot because of the type of defense Bucks play, the way they defend the pick n roll with Lopez dropping so much will give plenty of room for Trae to pull up, drive and get a floater in or drive and kick it out to shooters. We'll see how their defense holds up, but I think they'll get plenty of opportunities to score.

So I knew Trae was nice and all but I don’t think I knew he was that nice….that was something else. The deep 3’s, the teardrop floaters, the lob to Collins (who is indeed a stud) off the backboard! The sheer confidence!

If I had to pick I still go with the Bucks but the Hawks are up to their necks in this series. I think it goes to 7 games.

Now that I'm over the Sixers getting done, def throwing my support around that little gremlin Trae. I think they have a real shot because of the type of defense Bucks play, the way they defend the pick n roll with Lopez dropping so much will give plenty of room for Trae to pull up, drive and get a floater in or drive and kick it out to shooters. We'll see how their defense holds up, but I think they'll get plenty of opportunities to score.
Bucks did seem to adjust in the last, Trae was finding it harder to get good looks. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

What’s worse than pulling out of the Olympics? How about having it leak that you are likely to do so and then not addressing it and not communicating with BA one way or the other.

Who on Earth is advising Ben Simmons on this stuff?

What’s worse than pulling out of the Olympics? How about having it leak that you are likely to do so and then not addressing it and not communicating with BA one way or the other.

Who on Earth is advising Ben Simmons on this stuff?
He's been signed with Klutch Sports (Rich Paul and Lebron's agency) since he got drafted, feel like they've always been a bad influence.

He's been signed with Klutch Sports (Rich Paul and Lebron's agency) since he got drafted, feel like they've always been a bad influence.
Who totally wouldn’t get how Australians feel about athletes playing for their country.

But his family obviously would so it’s surprising it’s been allowed to play out like this.

Who totally wouldn’t get how Australians feel about athletes playing for their country.

But his family obviously would so it’s surprising it’s been allowed to play out like this.
At least Matisse is going to show up to camp. Funny that he'll end up being much more loved by Aussies than Ben.

At least Matisse is going to show up to camp. Funny that he'll end up being much more loved by Aussies than Ben.
Very true. They’ll love his tough D and team first approach as well. “Aussie” Matisse!

He’s actually a really good addition to the squad. We missed a long, quick perimiter defender at the WC.

With no Simmons or Broekhoff I suspect the squad ends up being:

Mills/Delly
Ingles/Exum/Goulding
Thybulle/Green/Creek
Landale/Kay/Motum
Baynes (Landale to play 5 when Kay/Motum on court)

It's still a strong enough squad for a medal. Giddey probably the next one in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see Simmons working on his skills …….in the crowd at Wimbledon.

FMD…..he is going to end up a pariah in his own country.

Really wish the Boomers would stop the whole giving Delly a ton of minutes thing. He's been cooked for quite a while now, he couldn't get by anyone going back to the 2018 world championships. Gotta hand it over to Exum now, at least he can get by guys and defend with size.

As an aside, Scola is 41 and still a walking bucket at international level. Just supreme old man, fundamental skills.

Really wish the Boomers would stop the whole giving Delly a ton of minutes thing. He's been cooked for quite a while now, he couldn't get by anyone going back to the 2018 world championships. Gotta hand it over to Exum now, at least he can get by guys and defend with size.

As an aside, Scola is 41 and still a walking bucket at international level. Just supreme old man, fundamental skills.
At this point he offers hustle and not much else.

Off the bench as an energiser (if/when required) should be the extent of his role.

Just watched the USA game…..Goulding, Exum and Thybulle are all clearly more effective at this point.
Goorj would see it but it’s a hard thing to drop a guy like Delly down the rotation. And it’s fair enough to give him very chance….he’s earned it. I’m sure we’ll see a graceful decrease in his minutes as things progress.

Thybulle is huge for this team. Exactly what’s needed.

Just watched the USA game…..Goulding, Exum and Thybulle are all clearly more effective at this point.
Goorj would see it but it’s a hard thing to drop a guy like Delly down the rotation. And it’s fair enough to give him very chance….he’s earned it. I’m sure we’ll see a graceful decrease in his minutes as things progress.

Thybulle is huge for this team. Exactly what’s needed.
Can really only hope it happens, like I said before, he was a real hinderence for the 2018 world cup team with being unable to get by anyone.

Didn't see the USA game, but obviously a great result. A lot of the clips I saw had Landale playing the 5, I like that quite a bit, not sure I love him and Baynes playing heavy mins together so it'll be good if they can stagger them if they're set on starting them together and then you can play a bit more athletic with jock at the 5 when Baynes sits.

I think the shortened 3 point line really helps Matisse on defense (and with his shooting thus far!), teams don't spread the floor as much at international level and a bit more congestion just enhances his ability to play the passing lanes with his insane reflexes, anticipation and long ass arms.

Think we are a big chance for a 🏅 of some description.

Team is better than the last WC team - so much longer and more athletic on the wings with Green, Exum and Thybulle. Mills and Ingles still playing at a high level, Landale is improved and Reath looks more than decent.

Not carried away with the final game against Nigeria but team looks very good.

Very happy for Giannis - plays to win and no BS about the dude. Big balls to hit free throws like that in game 6 of the finals.

Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of his game aesthetically, but he does come across as a very good, genuine guy who's one of the few who's been a crazy project draft pick that's actually worked hard enough to fulfill that, and way surpass it.
He’s not easy on the eye, that’s for sure. But he stuck with a small market team, worked his ass off and got Milwaukee a ring.

There is a certain 6’10 Aussie point guard in the NBA who could look at Giannis and learn a lot……if he was inclined to do so.

He’s not easy on the eye, that’s for sure. But he stuck with a small market team, worked his ass off and got Milwaukee a ring.

There is a certain 6’10 Aussie point guard in the NBA who could look at Giannis and learn a lot……if he was inclined to do so.
He really should have been following a similar trajectory. He's not as athletically gifted as Giannis, but he's still a freak athlete at 6'10, but I think the mental anxiety or fear or failing or whatever it is that holds him back will be too debilitating a thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back