Past Zach Tuohy

Remove this Banner Ad

Touhy top consistant player and top bloke. A highlight story in a tough part of the clubs history. Now I have no hope when any of our s*** kicks (all the team) taking a mark in or around the 50.

At 26 I hope he goes on and proves what a good player he is.Good luck Zach and welcome Bille

Gibbs will be traded. When was the last time a player wanted out and remained at their club?
Gibbs was the one who wanted out, to move his family back home and play guaranteed finals footy for next few yrs...he couldnt care less about our midfield his last contract was a drama and this time he has just dropped us.all just seems a bit too laid back
So cough up Adelaide 13 plus 2017 first...to fix it.
We need to cover up with Hrovat and Smedts may contribute.....if they play and work hard Gibbs may not be missed much...i never found him particularly direct in his play,always just cumb and bomb it up

Good luck to Gibbs at Adelaide.

If Smedts can stay injury free and get in a decent pre season, I think he will be quite a handy pick up. Blokes aren't drafted in the first round if they haven't got the talent.

Looked at a few of his highlights and he seems to know where the goals are and his hands look quite good. Could easily see him taking Everitt's place in the forward line

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not a fan of this trade as I dont rate Smedts in the slightest. Hopefully we're using Geelongs 2017 pick with GWS for Marhbank and Pickett. In that instance it would be a win.

Good luck Tuohy!!!

Usually don't get to offended when people go after my heritage.....ignorance is bliss and all that.....

But to assume intelligence with ones heritage and on this particular occasion to a club legend....who's son plays for our damn club.....that blokes got issues

I don't put people on ignore but I hope I never see that flog on this forum again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dude. I'm happy with both Mlo and Sos.

Their heritage is surely irrelevant to their abilities.

They are clearly united by a passionate love for CFC and they are clearly doing their utmost to turn the ship around.

You say you're old school Carlton. So am I.

I remember when they were smart and ruthless. They became decayed and irrelevant and lost the plot in an alcoholic haze as they feted themselves under the tree of hubris.

After many false dawns, I am more confident than I have ever been that the critically important seeds have finally been sown that will reap huge benefits in the years to come.

If some of the pessimists can sit back and see where we've come from and where we are heading and give this mob a chance, then they may be pleasantly surprised.

Go Blues. You're my team no matter what.

Touhy top consistant player and top bloke. A highlight story in a tough part of the clubs history. Now I have no hope when any of our s*** kicks (all the team) taking a mark in or around the 50.

At 26 I hope he goes on and proves what a good player he is.Good luck Zach and welcome Bille

Zach was one of my favourite players and I liked the romanticism of having the 3 irish guys all playing for us in the same team.

I'm struggling to rationalise why we didn't offer him another contract ... I don't think, with his capacity to play on the smalls or the stronger mid-size forwards, that we have a like for like replacement standing by .... who's playing on Betts, Le Cras etc? He also just seemed like he had such a rock solid temperament.

Good luck Zach at the new club - and I fully expect you to have an outstanding year.

Welcome Billie, 25 goals next year would be nice.

Happy with the future 1st and the leverage it gives in the Gibbs scenario.
As for Smedts, hoping he at least stays fit and may even surprise. Nobody rated Laidler when he moved from the Cats - played 2 games in two years for them. Mek minit, the bad news bears are crying he's a regular with the Swans.

A little late to this party, but wow what a fantastic strategic trade.

Lets face it. We were losing Tuohy anyway. And even under optimistic scenarios, our 2017 2nd round pick was about the minimum it would have taken to get the Marchbank trade done.

So we basically gave up very little in the context of our overall player movements and trade objectives, and in the process bought enormous leverage in the Gibbs trade. We can now plausibly satisfy GWS evident asking price for Marchbank and co (irrespective of whether you think a late first round pick is overs, we now have one) without trading pick 5 or any of our own future picks. Adelaide now knows we no longer need pick 13 to complete our other trade objectives. They now have to capitulate and give us one of the options we wanted all along (Pick 13 + good young player; or two 1st round picks), or give up and fail to achieve their own.

If they give up, we retain a required player. Which we could have done anyway because he's contracted, but probably not without an impact to our draft position or our ability to secure MB (who we targeted and enticed to nominate).

Well played SOS.

I can't believe how negative some Carlton supporters are and how some of them fail to see the bigger picture. We at best were going to get a second round pick for 2e but we managed to get a future first round pick and Smedts and only have to give up a future second rounder. Carlton will use this pick to get Marchbank and possibly Pickett. Therefore we keep 5 and potentially 13 after Gibbs is traded. All of a sudden we have two picks in the first round as well as Marchbank and Pickett. Blues are in a much better position.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Billie's a Blues player now, some 'fans' are gonna have to learn to live with that.

If most of us have been able to accept a Datsun version of a once Ferrari in Daisy Thomas on a bazillion dollars, I'm sure we can support a young guy affected by injuries who was just steak knives.

EDIT: Well not quite steak knives in the end, but you get the gist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back