80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited by a moderator:
Advice from Queenslanders, or anyone who has any knowledge please. Heading to Qld in a few weeks, Sunshine Coast, then Brisbane. Playing Noosa and Noosa Springs, then when in Brisbane, Brookwater, and then Nudgee the day I'm flying out. Looking for somewhere on a Sunday I have free, looking at either Meadowbrook or River Lakes. Either of these I should avoid, or 1 of a must play? Or any other suggestions? Have a car, but ideally would only want to be in it for 45 minutes or so. Staying in Rocklea.

Advice from Queenslanders, or anyone who has any knowledge please. Heading to Qld in a few weeks, Sunshine Coast, then Brisbane. Playing Noosa and Noosa Springs, then when in Brisbane, Brookwater, and then Nudgee the day I'm flying out. Looking for somewhere on a Sunday I have free, looking at either Meadowbrook or River Lakes. Either of these I should avoid, or 1 of a must play? Or any other suggestions? Have a car, but ideally would only want to be in it for 45 minutes or so. Staying in Rocklea.
I don’t know much about Meadowbrook or River Lakes. Wynnum Golf Club is a nice club. Don’t go to Pacific Golf Club unless you’re prepared to play close to a 5 hour round.

River Lakes and Wynnum are both nice tracks, but a bit short. I played Wynnum this morning and once we kicked all the dew off the course was in excellent nick.

I've heard good things about Redland Bay GC but haven't played it, and Meadowbrook has mixed reviews from those I've asked about it.

Best course near Rocklea is Oxley or McLeod.
If i had to pick one i'd probably pick Wynnum.

You'll enjoy Nudgee, it's really fun but they charge an absurd amount for social clubs so have only played once since land by back for the airport

Last edited:
the national today. Off the blacks aka back markers. A score in the high 30s, struck it excellently today. Putted very well. Irons straight and precise until the 18th where an error in judgement resulted in a bogey.

Also had a double digit blow out hole which angered myself. lost 3 balls wtf.

Last edited:
From July 1st I'm led to believe that The National are changing guest access rules

Members can now only book 1 visitor in.

peternorth is that correct?
Clubs everywhere starting to do similar. Timesheets on weekends are rammed and members have had enough of not being able to get a game.

From July 1st I'm led to believe that The National are changing guest access rules

Members can now only book 1 visitor in.

peternorth is that correct?
yes that is correct. And one course each day will be members only, like it was before.

Clubs everywhere starting to do similar. Timesheets on weekends are rammed and members have had enough of not being able to get a game.
spot on darce.

If you’re staying at rocklea you could enquire about a round at Brisbane gc or indro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

River Lakes and Wynnum are both nice tracks, but a bit short. I played Wynnum this morning and once we kicked all the dew off the course was in excellent nick.

I've heard good things about Redland Bay GC but haven't played it, and Meadowbrook has mixed reviews from those I've asked about it.

Best course near Rocklea is Oxley or McLeod.
If i had to pick one i'd probably pick Wynnum.

You'll enjoy Nudgee, it's really fun but they charge an absurd amount for social clubs so have only played once since land by back for the airport
Redlands Bay Golf Club is a nice track with a good club house.

yes that is correct. And one course each day will be members only, like it was before.

spot on darce.

13th is the same, have 1 course each day dedicated to members. It rotates each day. 2 tee starts so Saturdays the member and guest course runs a separate comp and usually has 100 odd playing in it. Plenty of members.

I’d like to apologise to Elixuh for bagging his home club over how long a round takes there. I’ve played Pacific a few times and it’s an interesting and challenging course. I’d play it again but not on weekends.
When I was last there they were building a brand new golf club. I’ve heard that it’s finished so I’d imagine that would add to the enjoyment of the 19th hole.

My home course, City Golf Club, is struggling at the moment from wear and tear. Too much rain, cart use an other issues has destroyed some of the fairways. They’re putting in more cart paths so hopefully that helps. It also doesn’t help that an increasing number of members don’t repair their pitch marks and divots. When I walk, I’m continually fixing these things when waiting for others in my group to have their shot.
Btw, if you do play at my home course, Sunday’s are very slow like Pacific. 😃

I’d like to apologise to Elixuh for bagging his home club over how long a round takes there. I’ve played Pacific a few times and it’s an interesting and challenging course. I’d play it again but not on weekends.
When I was last there they were building a brand new golf club. I’ve heard that it’s finished so I’d imagine that would add to the enjoyment of the 19th hole.

My home course, City Golf Club, is struggling at the moment from wear and tear. Too much rain, cart use an other issues has destroyed some of the fairways. They’re putting in more cart paths so hopefully that helps. It also doesn’t help that an increasing number of members don’t repair their pitch marks and divots. When I walk, I’m continually fixing these things when waiting for others in my group to have their shot.
Btw, if you do play at my home course, Sunday’s are very slow like Pacific. 😃

You're dead to me good sir

13th is the same, have 1 course each day dedicated to members. It rotates each day. 2 tee starts so Saturdays the member and guest course runs a separate comp and usually has 100 odd playing in it. Plenty of members.

It is a good idea members only course. Creates an aura that is short lived but an aura nevertheless, and guests will want to play say the beach course today, but cannot so play the creek instead and come back anotehr time to play beach. So two green fees! Winner.

Its a recent change.
To preserve the course we're trying to wind back the total number of rounds played. And allow slots for members rather than blow ins.:p

it is effectively the reason isnt it. Old course gets chopped up in winter so reduce traffic and rounds if you can.

At Pk there is also guest restrictions during winter for the reasons you outlined

87 at Carramar on Saturday, 40 on the back 9. Double bogey 3 putt on an absolutely putrid temporary green, missed the third from about 15cm.
90 at Hamersley today, lost my swing for 3 holes, was tracking for a low/mid 80 until then. Fortunately arrested the slide for the last 4 holes to make sure it didn't get too out of hand.

90 today at Wembley, Tuart Course. Couldn't have started any worse, hook off the tee and into the driving range on the 1st. Didn't recover and hit a 10 for the hole. 50 at half time, came home strong with a 40 on the back 9. Frustrating that I can't put a decent 18 together.

It is a good idea members only course. Creates an aura that is short lived but an aura nevertheless, and guests will want to play say the beach course today, but cannot so play the creek instead and come back anotehr time to play beach. So two green fees! Winner.
Conversely they set the Beach course to be the visitor course and the members crack the ****s being unable to get a game/having to head to the Creek and threaten to cancel their memberships :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back