80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited by a moderator:
Horrible day out at Victoria for me but still enjoyed it which is odd for me playing poorly.

Started on the first (10th). Hit a 6 iron, playing partner hits a 3 wood. We are next to each other. I go down, play first and bobs ya uncle, I have hit his ball.

Next into the bunker for 3 after a shank, bunker shot out, clip it and it lands in a tree. Doesn't drop.

But we played some good holes on the front 9 to come home okay. Highlights included two par 3s to 6 feet and hitting a 3 wood off the deck on the 2nd (topped my drive) 270m with roll to 12 feet. Hardest hole on the course, put one to 6 feet too. Take the positives because just felt off the whole day with the swing.

Bali National in 10 days, going to be a shocker

I have no idea.
Like ITCHY EYEBALLS 31 points a post before my last one. What does it mean?

Its stableford points.

Its a reflection of your handicap against the course.

Have a read here:

Now depending on your handicap, lets say you are an 18 handicap, you are awarded an additional stroke on each hole.

So if you finish with a bogey on that hole, you are awarded a par because you started with an extra stroke. So your points for that will be 2. add them up and bobs your uncle.

If you have 36 points, you have shot your handicap for the day.

Horrible day out at Victoria for me but still enjoyed it which is odd for me playing poorly.

Started on the first (10th). Hit a 6 iron, playing partner hits a 3 wood. We are next to each other. I go down, play first and bobs ya uncle, I have hit his ball.

Next into the bunker for 3 after a shank, bunker shot out, clip it and it lands in a tree. Doesn't drop.

But we played some good holes on the front 9 to come home okay. Highlights included two par 3s to 6 feet and hitting a 3 wood off the deck on the 2nd (topped my drive) 270m with roll to 12 feet. Hardest hole on the course, put one to 6 feet too. Take the positives because just felt off the whole day with the swing.

Bali National in 10 days, going to be a shocker
I love bali national.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve only ever used their hire clubs and they are pretty good.
Course is really nice, the caddies are great and their reads on the greens are brilliant.

You will see people appear from out of the trees selling balls on your way round so if you lose a few always plenty of chances to stock up on more. I always take a glove, some balls and my golf shoes with me.

I’ve played it around 10 times, play one or twice now every time we go which is usually every year. We always stay at Novotel in nusa dua which you have to pass going from 9th to 10th.

I’ve only ever used their hire clubs and they are pretty good.
Course is really nice, the caddies are great and their reads on the greens are brilliant.

You will see people appear from out of the trees selling balls on your way round so if you lose a few always plenty of chances to stock up on more. I always take a glove, some balls and my golf shoes with me.

I’ve played it around 10 times, play one or twice now every time we go which is usually every year. We always stay at Novotel in nusa dua which you have to pass going from 9th to 10th.

Thanks mate, perfect information!

Will bring some cash and treat myself to some balls. What a little hustle going, might need to employ something similar here down under.

Dunno which one.
Having said all that, it worked ok. The couple of good ones I hit went 220 which is around my distance with the Epic Max.
Just sounded hollow and tinny.
it is a hallmark of the Ping driver. Odd off sound

Looking forward to your write up and pictures ...
Here's one of Cruden Bay with the gorse in full bloom and looking spectacular. May is a superb time to visit Scotland although the weather can be hit and miss.

20240517_135040.jpg

We travelled as a group of three blokes and played the following:

Anstruther (9 holes)
Elie
St Andrew's New
St Andrew's Old
Crail
Cruden Bay
Fraserburgh
Cullen (the craziest course I've ever seen)
Nairn
Balmoral (9 holes - on the Royal Estate)
North Berwick
Dunbar
Kilspindie
Royal St George's

Best scores 69 at Kilspindie and 74 at North Berwick. Worst score 87 at The Old Course (totally overcome by the whole experience and played disastrously - inc almost OOB on the famed first).

Here's one of Cruden Bay with the gorse in full bloom and looking spectacular. May is a superb time to visit Scotland although the weather can be hit and miss.

View attachment 2011049

Anstruther (9 holes)
Elie
St Andrew's New
St Andrew's Old
Crail
Cruden Bay
Fraserburgh
Nairn
North Berwick
Dunbar
Kilspindie
Royal St George's

Best scores 69 at Kilspindie and 74 at North Berwick. Worst score 87 at The Old Course (totally overcome by the whole experience and played disastrously - inc almost OOB on the famed first).

View attachment 2011049

Anstruther (9 holes)
Elie
St Andrew's New
St Andrew's Old
Crail
Cruden Bay
Fraserburgh
Nairn
North Berwick
Dunbar
Kilspindie
Royal St George's

Unreal, can I ask how much all that cost you to play? Simple life goal for me to do that with a few fellers.

View attachment 2011049

Anstruther (9 holes)
Elie
St Andrew's New
St Andrew's Old
Crail
Cruden Bay
Fraserburgh
Nairn
North Berwick
Dunbar
Kilspindie
Royal St George's

Awesome. Small group is the way to do it(I say without having done it).

If you haven't come across it, you might enjoy Tom Coyne's A Course Called Scotland. He also has done Ireland and America in the same way. Good reads.

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf Your latest Round?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back