Your favourite all time player from . . . Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

While my favourite all-time player from the Crows was Chris McDermott, sometimes I wish the Crows recruited one Garry McIntosh, the legend of Norwood. A midfield consisting McDermott, Tony McGuinness, Andrew Jarman and McIntosh, even for one year, in the Crows's first year-1991, would've been great to watch.

Don't worry, the Crows very much tried to recruit Garry McIntosh - But he was Norwood through and through and didn't want to play in the AFL unless it was with Norwood..

The kind of loyalty that doesn't really exist anymore...

As for the OP; Modra - Both Jarman brothers, McLeod, Hart, Ricciuto...
I could go on but then it would just turn into a list

Modra. I'd forgotten just how good he was until seeing highlights on Youtube a while back. A seemingly endless supply of spectacular marks and goals!

Honourable mention goes to a mate of mine, Linden Stevens, who played two cracking games for the Crows in the late 90s. :D

Of the lesser lights, I loved the way Porplyzia went about it. It's a shame he didn't play more games.

You're talking as if he has retired..... he may play a few more games yet!

McLeod for mine. Roo a close second and also loved shouting MOOOOOODDDDDRRAAA during lunch breaks back at school

Macca was something else. Anyone who wins back to back Normies is gold. Robbed of a Brownlow too! Could do anything, one of my fave goals:

[YOUTUBE]UTu72th3aqg[/YOUTUBE]

Gary Lyon's reaction is superb.......:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Hart. I heard a story about him after the 1997 grand final post match function, as celebrations were getting into full swing. Hart (in his early 20s at the time) took the microphone and thanked everyone for coming along and then said something to the effect of "Everyone who drove here tonight, please put your keys away now, because we want this to be a great weekend and we'd be devastated to hear that someone had been in an accident on their way home from here."

What a class act. :thumbsu:

Mark Riccuttio - I loved the way he played football. No nonsense take no prisoner type of player. Would play hard, make his team mates walk taller. I would of loved for him to of played with the hawks.

Roo, McLeod, Jarman, Godra

We've been blessed in our short history to have guys like Goody, Edwards, Hart, Smart miss out on favorite status.

Roo is my all time fav though. Get outta the way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your favourite all time player from . . . Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back