Your experiences and emotions during famous or close matches?

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of my most memorabel moments in the 19 years i have been alive (heres a few)....

97 GF Adelaide V StKilda - the first one that i can remember and the crows going beserk in the last quarter and aussie jones goal

99 - as a 8 yo i was at maccas with my nan eating a then 30c cone listening on the radio... i remember some guy in the eating area jumping up and throwing his buger because he went for essendon

00- dogs vs essendon rd 21 when moorcroft took the hanger and dogs stopped the bombers winning 22 straight... i was at my grandparents watching it on tv

03- RICHMOND VS HAWTHORN - the tigers coming back form 50 points down to win by 20 points... i was at the game sitting on the afl members half forward 50M arc with the ponsford stand knocked down... its funny how you rembmer things...we had some big fat bloke sitting 2 rows in front of us with head phones ont hat could barely fit over his head... thompson and hay were dominating the forward line and spida everitt in the ruck....
then greg stafford broke spidas jaw and theat changed the game... the bloke at half time was going ******* at saying dirty staff broke everitts jaw and then we started coming back... tivendale, campbell, cogs all goaled from 50 and krakouer and rodan dominated the forward line... it was the best roar when richmond hit the front and finally won... then we were able to go onto the ground to have a kick... the tigers were on a decent stretch of wins then a few weeks later browny broke his leg and that was it fot the season...

05- Prelim- NICK DAVIS NICK DAVIS, I SEE IT BUT I DONT BELEIVE IT...
At home going beserk because i wanted sydeny to win...

06- Richmond Vs Brisbane at the GABBA when richo ran down the wing with Vossy and dived onto the footy then ran away from him yelling at the tv

05- RND 8 Nathan Brown vs Collingwood in the last quarter when he kicked 4 and won us the game... at home screaming at the tv

07- RND 19 Richmond Vs Collingwood- rember coming home from work and seeing the last quarter when it was our second win of the year on a friday night and richo took the hanger on heath shaw and foley running through the middle kicking a goal from 50

09- RND 10 Richmond V Freo at Subi during the week of the Terry Wallet saga with Mitch Morton playing on against Port the week before... he then played on in the last quarter snapping it and winning us the game...

09- RND 17 Rchmond Vs Essendon- THe infamous ruching the ball over the line game with joel bowden... i was at the ground yelling at him for doing it once until he did it the third time and i was laughing and saying we had won it... the guy in front was filthy and saying joel bowden needed to be rubbed out for bringing the game into disrepute... then when the game finished he shook our hands and said he played a good game haha...

10- Rnd 2 Collingwood V Melbourne listend to the game on the radio on the way home from work and didnt even no who had won with jb, gary lyon and rex hunt going mad at on the call....

10- Richmond Vs Sydney- 33 points down at half time standing in line for a bucket of chips at the g when i thought that we still were in it... the third quarter was fairly even but i remember going ballistic in the last quarter one of the many games i have been to when i have gone home with no voice

10- Richmond Vs West Coast - At the ground on the afl member half forward line m23-24 where we are for every richmond game rain hail or shine dancing in the isles when jack kicked his tenth goal... it was funny because walking into the ground my brother said to me how many do u think Riewoldt will kick today and i told him ten being a smart arse well little did i know it was going ot happen

10- DOGS VS SYDNEY FINAL - at the ground for this game to and the best thing was sledging all the dogs supporters especcially one guy in front of us yelling for brad johnson... the best part was i walked out of the ground and couldnt have cared less about the result

i'll just stick to west coast games:

Rd 3 2003 vs. Essendon, they kicked the first 8 goals of the match, we fought back and one of the greatest last quarters ever, hird kicked the last goal and hugs the fan, was so gutted but what a contest.

QF 2005 vs. Sydney, HUNTAAAAAAA!!! when woosha first realised hunter could take a mark and kick a goal, just a tense game all round, was so cocky that year thought after that game we had the premiership in the bag, until swans beat the saints in the prelim, when i started to worry again.

GF 2005 vs. Sydney, obviously, remember being so happy when luke ablett kicked across the face of goal and cousins put us 10 points up, after that i just remember staker in the last quarter f**king up opportunities and banfield hitting the post :(

QF 2006 vs. Sydney, when banfield spoiled and o'loughlin kicking the goal my heart sank and i thought we can't win the flag from here.

PF 2006 vs. Adelaide, i missed the entire first half coz of work, arrived home to find we were held goalless in the first quarter and had just 2 goals to half time, almost gave up hope, then that second half showed just how brilliant judd, cousins and kerr were, not just individually but as a unit.

GF 2006 vs. Sydney, greatest feeling i have ever felt, tense goal for goal last quarter, my brother kept throwing empty water bottles at the tv and storming out, i just sat there with my head in hands, couldn't watch. chick's smother which led to hunter's goal possibly my favourite moment since i've been watching footy.

these next three weeks were easily the most taxing as a supporter, with judd's fitness seriously in doubt and other off-field issues plaguing our club all year it just got worse--->

Rd 22 2007 vs. essendon, we were up by seven goals at 3 quarter time, had second place sealed up unless port smashed freo by 10 or more goals, then in hird's last game, scott lucas went beserk and kicked seven last quarter goals, we just snuck home but gave up second spot and a home final, which really hurt our chances

QF 2007 vs. port, we were in control until half way through the third, then cousin went down, that moment was just like "WTF!!!!" me and my bro were screaming and everything, then we just didn't have the legs and went down to port by just 3 points, judd was useless all game and was definitely not gonna play next week, cousins was gone and kerr had a problem too

SF 2007 vs. collingwood, we were withought, judd cousins AND kerr if i remember correctly, similar to the week before we were in control to half time, glass held rocca goalless then in 1 5 minute period woosha the genius took glass off rocca and he kicked 3 goals, they were back in the game and eventually the game ended a draw, most tense last minute ever, west coast's defense just holding on after being absolutely assaulted by collingwood attack. extra time my brain knew we really couldn't do it, but there was still hope, but we were overrun, terrible terrible feeling.

rd 19 2010 vs. brisbane, game really meant nothing, except to help us not finish bottom, i guess after 3 years off crap i'd just had enough and i honestly thought we'd win this one, didn't help that i had a few drinks in me, plus my mate is a s**t stirrer and a brisbane fan, when jonno brown took that mark i was so sure it was a free kick to us i didn't think much, but it was paid and i went absolutely crazy, then he kicked the goal and i just screamed at the tv, turned it off and ran outside, i heard them turn the tv back on, and heard them cheer so i kicked a rock (really hard). i literally had no control over myself haha. after about 30 minutes of sitting outside i went back in, with my toe dripping blood and everyone looking at me, even my mate, who any other time would've given me heaps of shit, didn't s**t stir.

like i said though the match meant nothing, it just must've been the built up frustration and i just let it all out.

they're the main ones that come to mind but i know there's more.

Watched the Nick Davis winning goal prelim with my ex housemate who is a Swans supporter. We had a bet a while before then that whichever one of our team was first to make a GF, the other person would shout tickets for both of us to go to the GF. Iwas pretty peeved when that dog of a bloke kicked the winner.

Next weekend we went to theground and I forked out about $1300 to a scalper for 2 tickets.

lol you paid $1300 for prelim final tickets? Jokes on you.

Sitting about 5 rows from the front where buddy kicked his goal to beat the crows in the finals in 2007 was pretty special.

But I was also right behind the goals when Ben Dixon kicked a goal after the siren to beat Carlton in 2001. The guy in the seat behind me jumped over and started hugging me, the place was going nuts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your experiences and emotions during famous or close matches?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back