Autopsy You get what you deserve - vs GWS review thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No, right now we need pressure forwards because our defence is not tall or fast enough to keep up unless the kicks i50 are pressured. Maybe next year we need less of them.
Agreed. Maybe we should get a forward who actually applies pressure to an acceptable level instead of spud McEntee.

One of the earliest plays where Butters got pinged for running to far set the tone and guess why he ran so far without bouncing….

…if you watch the vision back mcentee handballs to butters who initially has coniglio on zaks tail. All Mcentee had to do was put his 30kg virgin frame in the way or at least Shepard coniglio to slow down his run. Instead jed head stepped aside and coniglio put enough pressure on butters to not bounce the ball

That was the defining moment of the game for me, not the second quarter fadeout. Rewind to 2004 and Warren Tredrea shepherded an opponent so hard in the wce game that it sent him to the next year

There was a moment in the third quarter where we had a wide shot of GWS going forward and McKenzie was literally limping about 25 metres behind some GWS player. And to make matters worse, the umpires paid multiple dubious free kicks against him when he actually used his body to defend really well in a more static one on one situation.

Absolutely shambolic, desperate rubbish. They should be ashamed that they put a guy out there like that in a freaking final.
This dipshite of a coach never thinks ahead there's a number of things he could've done going back to last pre-season to plan for injuries in the back half, Finlayson should've done some training with the backs over summer, Pasini could've played a few games in our run to see if he'd sink or swim etc. all he did was sook they didn't land Esava last trade period & played everyone into the ground.

Has there ever been a bigger fall from grace from a brownlow medalist in such a short amount of time? And don’t give me the “he’s been pushed out by Butters and Rozee”. If he was playing good football, he wouldn’t have been pushed out.
He was literally the best player in the comp 2 years ago, now he shouldn’t even be playing AFL in his current form. This is our vice captain as well. Amongst many others, he was absolutely deplorable tonight, but these others aren’t brownlow medalists.
How does this even happen?
Do not believe it is totally his fault, game plan, positions yada yada

Two awful, insipid finals performances to close out the season.

Tonight, we were beaten by a team coached by a former Port premiership player, a bloke who got delisted, then fought his way back into the team and earned a flag. A bloke who learned the lessons about taking opportunities and making them count.

Our team, on the other hand, is coached by a former Geelong player, a bloke who spent his career running around chasing cheap stats in a team of flashy but brittle front runners who always went to water come finals time.

We really do get what we deserve.

Wines can only play in the middle. If we’re going to play him mostly on the wing what’s the point, makes him look hopeless
he cant play anywhere, shouldn't be picked

cant collect a loose ball or win a contested ball
cant get to a player to lay a tackle

Whether or not you think ken is a clueless idiot or merely an idiot, it's 100% clear we need a new voice, new ideas and someone without loyalties to come in and move on underperformers regardless of their reputations.

It's not just ANOTHER lame finals performance. It's having no chance of anything better for at least the next two years.

The whole management and the cosy relationship they have with players who don't stand up when it counts (finals, showdowns) are a cancer on this once proud club.

We can all see it. And none of us can do anything about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has there ever been a bigger fall from grace from a brownlow medalist in such a short amount of time? And don’t give me the “he’s been pushed out by Butters and Rozee”. If he was playing good football, he wouldn’t have been pushed out.
He was literally the best player in the comp 2 years ago, now he shouldn’t even be playing AFL in his current form. This is our vice captain as well. Amongst many others, he was absolutely deplorable tonight, but these others aren’t brownlow medalists.
surely nobody, even on this board thought that?

Rioli showed that a true small forward can win the ball, apply pressure and create goals. Unfortunately we used both DBJ and McEntee as nullifying forwards. When time came for them to be clean with the ball they were not up to it under finals pressure. They also didn't stop the run from defense and they didn't contribute enough to the scoring. In fact they blew chances for themselves and others. Fantasia would have been a better bet but I guess we couldn't trust his body to stand up. If we can't have confidence in Fantasia we need to find another small forward who can complete the role. If we are to continue with DBJ and McEntee it should be only one at a time please.
Then again Evans was available but not wanted. Strange to set up a forward line that plans not to have dangerous goal kicking forwards.

I dont know why people dump on Mcentee, who at least physically had a crack and was able to put his body on the line a number of times.

I dont bag him, I can see he tries. I am just baffled by his continued selection, just nowhere near the level
we have all seen way better players in country leagues.

The captain of our club had one tackle in a sudden death final.
He only made one tackle last week too.

There’s a bad culture within our playing group. It’s rotten to the core.
There is no hunger for real success these guys are just happy to play the odd final.

Our coach is a salesman who tells us what we wanna hear. He often talks about playing footy the port Adelaide way and it’s tradition and how tough it is.

Then he appoints a bloke as our captain who lays one lousy tackle in each of our finals.

1878???? Wow.

We just got eliminated from the finals in straight sets with yet another humiliating home final meltdown and your one and only take so far is some pedantic crack at gbear getting one number wrong on an establishment date? Wow.

The thing is though why we don't throw Wines & SPP in the middle for 10 minutes when we are getting shagged by bigger bodies to quell a clearance disaster is completely baffling.
Literally said this to my son at the game. Why not try something completely different a la Jack Cahill to try to get some momentum back? Just completely baffling and IMO completely unacceptable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy You get what you deserve - vs GWS review thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back