WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it was on ok Raw. Matches not bad, really hope Finn is the one to break away from Judgement Day. They've gone after guys that are tremendous in-ring, they still have the guys to put on dynamic matches like Finn. He's better than he used to be out of the ring, so I hope he gets a better run soon.

Thought the presentation was amazing, I just hope they don't tread too much into the supernatural stuff. The OTT suspension of disbelief in wrestling should have ended with stuff like Deadman Taker or extreme hardcore wrestling with no kayfabe consequences. That's my 2c though. There's a taste for it, so I'm not going to tell people they shouldn't enjoy what they like.

Ideally you would have Gable written off for a couple of weeks but he's already scheduled for MITB qualifier next week. (It's wrestling - I know)

These a minor nitpicks though. Wrestling is in a much better spot than it was 5 years ago. Would be in an even better place if some companies found that happy medium.

If they wrestle without the gimmicks then it’ll be fine. The Bray issue stemmed from the red lights and gimmicks during matches.

No, not really. The problem was that the entire thing was a meandering rambling mess going nowhere last time.

Thought it was the best Raw I have watched in years.

There is hardly any filler right now, story lines every where. Compare that to an episode from say 10 years ago with random matches for no reasons and rivalrys for no reason.

Triple H is a genius

This Wyatt Sicks stuff is going to be polarizing when you compare the live audience's reactions to it and that of the IWC, you already have plenty online going "Bray Wyatt stuff always sucks" or "Get rid of this supernatural garbage it never works"

People were saying the same when Wyatt came back in 2022, but guess what? Live crowds loved it, he was getting some of the biggest reactions every week.

They've been giving Valkyria a push on RAW so far since being called up, I think she makes the most sense if they want to keep presenting her well.

The more I think about it, the more Gable being in the position he was during The Wyatt Sicks takeover makes sense, the night that Gable needed his family, was the night they finally grew tired of him and abandoned him, once he was all alone, he got beaten senseless.

Otis will feel bad and partially responsible as he feels like it's his fault that it happened, Gable will gain his trust again only to turn on him fully and bring The Creed Brothers in.
Yep, the twisted almost domestic violency type heel they've built Gable into, they have a perfect story set up for him to blame Otis, Tozawa and Maxxine for abandoning him and leaving him to be attacked.

Otis will feel bad, but Gable will twist it, eventually bring in the Creeds to beat down Otis and set up the next chapter.

With the Netflix move I hope they do more of that but in the right way and just enough that it’s not overdone.

I’m really enjoying Karrion Kross stuff at the moment, I think it’s great they are teasing the new day split and the Kross promos have more substance to them then a Seth promo for example saying he’s a visionary best in the world blah blah blah.
Kross needs to be given some time to work. His online promos are fantastic stuff and really draw you in. But then cut to raw and he gets 30s to work, and the fans just see this generic sleazeball heel who isn't even given a good feud to work with and think "WhY sHoUlD I cArE, hE sUcKs"

Kross needs to be given some time to work. His online promos are fantastic stuff and really draw you in. But then cut to raw and he gets 30s to work, and the fans just see this generic sleazeball heel who isn't even given a good feud to work with and think "WhY sHoUlD I cArE, hE sUcKs"
Big agree, I've been a fan of Kross for years and it's disheartening sometimes having to hear the whole spiel that goes on whenever Kross is brought up:

"His wife is what makes him interesting"
"Adam Cole buried him"
"Negative charisma"

It goes to show that when they actually give him something of substance to do he's entertaining, having him read tarot cards, speak about how he's going to destroy someone only to lose in 5 minutes was never going to get him over. Funnily enough when they've actually given him a live microphone in front of the crowd he's gotten plenty of heat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big agree, I've been a fan of Kross for years and it's disheartening sometimes having to hear the whole spiel that goes on whenever Kross is brought up:

"His wife is what makes him interesting"
"Adam Cole buried him"
"Negative charisma"

It goes to show that when they actually give him something of substance to do he's entertaining, having him read tarot cards, speak about how he's going to destroy someone only to lose in 5 minutes was never going to get him over. Funnily enough when they've actually given him a live microphone in front of the crowd he's gotten plenty of heat.
I hate to say it as well, but 75% of wrestling fans are complete morons.

They see the Gimmicks that Kross was given in the past (i.e samurai warrior, leather loin cloth Kross) by McMahon and equate that to being his ceiling. There's no attempt to look past that period as just an absolute mistake on the part of creative that shouldn't be attributed primarily to Kross.

Hell, it took Gable so long to shake the Shorty-G stuff, and he's one of the most genuinely talented guys on the roster, and you still have fans bring it up today like it was his fault and use it as an example of how he should be considered on the roster.

I hate to say it as well, but 75% of wrestling fans are complete morons.

They see the Gimmicks that Kross was given in the past (i.e samurai warrior, leather loin cloth Kross) by McMahon and equate that to being his ceiling. There's no attempt to look past that period as just an absolute mistake on the part of creative that shouldn't be attributed primarily to Kross.

Hell, it took Gable so long to shake the Shorty-G stuff, and he's one of the most genuinely talented guys on the roster, and you still have fans bring it up today like it was his fault and use it as an example of how he should be considered on the roster.
Great example is how people will bury or just say Kross isn’t entertaining etc yet will chant Yeet and think it’s cool or chant Yes Yes Yes and say it’s the greatest thing on earth.

Love the Dom and Liv stuff Priest yelling "DOM" like a dad who's just busted his son lols.

Cant wait till Ripley is back she's going to be super mad lols
maybe even sooner than we think if the story about her rehabbing the injury, instead of having surgery, is accurate

+1 on Kross having potential if used correctly.

The more time passes, the more obvious that Vince going is a positive for creative (and obviously as well for the non creative reasons).

Great example is how people will bury or just say Kross isn’t entertaining etc yet will chant Yeet and think it’s cool or chant Yes Yes Yes and say it’s the greatest thing on earth.
I seriously don't get the Yeet following.

It's getting so much love from Fans, and they want success on the back of that, but in the same breath they will admit that he can't cut a promo, and couldn't round out a 5 moves of doom list.

I guess in some ways it's a positive, so many wrestlers have gotten themselves over with the fans in the past, only to have Vince take the legs out from under them because HE didn't make them. In this case they're leaning into crowd reaction (also because it makes $$$)

Great way to introduce them.

Clearly one of those "victims" was Chad Gable, I couldn't quite make out anyone else laying around thought maybe one or two were Dom and JD but could be wrong, maybe they were just backstage staff but interesting that Gable was the only prominent one displayed.

Was displayed like a movie presentation which ties in with what we might see more of when they go to Netflix?

Ahh socials are showing broken down images and it looks like Carmello Hayes ,Triple H, Braun, JD, Dom, Gable and Gunther were some of the people laying around.....

Pretty sure the guy who was in gorilla with the shirt and tie in front of the blood splatter on the wall was Ilja Dragunov.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back