Would You Trade Bailey Smith?

Remove this Banner Ad

the last time Richmond had player picked up in the first 6 happened to have a few knocks on him early doors,for example..'big rear end','needs to build the tank up if he wants to progress'doesnt come from an ideal background','might be too aloof'...howd those early criticisms turn out for the kid ? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
so i doubt Smith is an issue,tracking nicely
Martin always had size though. He was 6.4 and had a big frame. Guys always grow into their body.

Little guys don't. Obviously.

Martin always had size though. He was 6.4 and had a big frame. Guys always grow into their body.

Little guys don't. Obviously.
Mate in what world is Martin 6’4? He is not even 6’2!

he is 187 and Smith is 185. For reference Petracca is 186. Everyone calling Smith little has NFI

Mate in what world is Martin 6’4? He is not even 6’2!

he is 187 and Smith is 185. For reference Petracca is 186. Everyone calling Smith little has NFI

He was 187 when he was drafted.

I've met Dusty, and he's a very big dude. I'm 182, and he had me well and truly covered. Like towering over me.

Last edited:

Maybe we should be checking Lavender's height instead!

Agree, I have stood next to him aswell, I’m 183 and fairly solid and my brother who is 190 is definitely taller than him. As for him being a huge dude I was actually surprised at how lean he was in the flesh. Legs and hips very strong but in a polo shirt he didn’t look any bigger or stronger than normal

Ok so Dusty grew from 6’2 to 6’4 between 18 and 20, but in the last 10 years nobody has noticed that (except for you) or thought to update his stats on any AFL or Richmond related media.

How exactly do you know his height again?
That's funny. You believe AFL stats relating to height and weight do you?

So you think Nick Riewoldt is actually 3cms shorter than Jack???

679f8bc13520b6a84c1483be6860f74a.jpeg

And you think Tony Lockett weighed 104kgs?? Even though he says now he weighed 120?

Come on man, no issues with you disageeing with me, but the AFL stats on players height and weight are just nonsense. We all know that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, I have stood next to him aswell, I’m 183 and fairly solid and my brother who is 190 is definitely taller than him. As for him being a huge dude I was actually surprised at how lean he was in the flesh. Legs and hips very strong but in a polo shirt he didn’t look any bigger or stronger than normal
I think you got catfished man.

these photos do little to build your credibility nor do they add credence to your argument.

Is Dusty in studded boots? Is Petracca barefoot? Is one of them stooping their neck? Are they on flat ground? Maybe it’s a hill?
If you think the AFL have some conspiracy to make Dusty sound shorter than he is, and Baz much taller, that’s on you. I’d trust the medical measurements released and updated every year on the official websites, and probably won’t take your random photos with no context as gospel. Good luck selling your snake oil though, matey!

It's rare - but Kennedy is probably one, and McEvoy is another.

The difference with the Bulldogs is that they finished 5th, and just got brained by 15 goals in a GF.

They have three big holes, which are masked by their very, very deep midfield. But as we've seen over the past three seasons - when the whips are cracking they can't be masked.

Ruck. Big defender. Grunt midfielder.

Guys like Smith, Macrae, Hunter and Treloar sit 2m out the back of packs, and they flick it out to them. They spread incredibly well, and run teams off their feet.

If they can't win the contest and spit it out to the seagulls - they're screwed. Without a ruckman, it's hard. Without a Ruckman, and with only Liberace doing the pig work, it's really, really hard.

Against a team with gun inside mids....well, we saw what happens.

And it will happen again. It's not an aberration. They hadn't won a final in 5 years.

Smith won't become a gun inside mid. He is a classic 'outside, receive in space, run and kick predictably long' type player.
He's athletic to do it regularly enough that he'll be of value - but how valuable is that really compared the gaps they currently have?

Let's be honest, people were foolish enough to compare him with Walsh a year ago. And we've seen what's already occurring there.

He'd be a really good addition to a few clubs, including the Bulldogs - but if you could get a Marshall, or a Ben King, the Bulldogs would be mad not to try

Yeah look we've had maybe 4 games for the entire year where we were beaten through the midfield. One of them happened to be the grand final. I don't think a big bodied mid would solve anything. Dunkley is that player when allowed to play that role.

We do have an over reliance on our midfield to win the ball but that's mostly our game plan. We outnumber with half forwards around the stoppage and play a man down up forward. It's why we're able to flick it out to the 'seagulls' as you call them.

Ruck is a massive problem and another quality KPD would help no doubt.

But yeah beat the Dogs midfield and you've won the game. Which sounds easier than it actually is. Melbourne are one of a couple clubs that can do it.

The Trac photo where there is literally a cm or 2 between them was my favorite. I wonder how many inches Lavender thinks he is packing...

"....A midfielder, 1.87 metres (6 ft 2 in) tall and weighing 91 kilograms (201 lb), Brayshaw is capable of contributing as both an inside and outside midfielder."
Screenshot_2021-09-27-20-00-08-51_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Would You Trade Bailey Smith?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back