Worst cheer squad flags/banners?

Remove this Banner Ad

Any cheer squad with an Aboriginal or Irish flag, complete joke!

I agree why do they do that? I mean every Ozzie supporter or player don't get around in Australian flags so why have the Aboriginal and Irish flags out?:confused:

* - The Richmond "COP THAT". Typically Richmond "unnecessarily in your face" type attitude aside,

:D Well put. Ive been trying to think of ways to describe the feral Richmond crowd for a while. I'll always remember when the dogs were flogging them by 80 odd points and Richo kicked a goal the Tiger fans all around me started jumping up and down and high fiveing while spit dribbled out of their mouths and flung every where while they looked for things that weren't bolted down to smash over old ladies heads in excitment. At least they are passionate I suppose.

Now it's Rodney Eade: Our Inspiration. Pretty soon they'll run out of ideas and it will simply say ______ Our Coach

What was on that Peter Bell banner when he was playing for North?

I remember that one. Think it had "Ding Dong" written on it, with a pic of a bell.

ALL of them...in fact the sooner we get rid of cheer squads, the better. They are corny as hell, unimaginative and give absolutely no inspiration to the team or fans.

Shutup clown, some of the beauties in this thread are a testament to the colour and passion that cheer squads bring to the game.

Some of you people need to be taken outside and shot, just a sorry bunch of no-funsters.

I' m looking at several of the banners we used last Friday down here. They are rolled up for another year I guess.:(

Went to the hardware store & paid $50 for new sticks, as the banners had to be express posted down from Sydney in time for the Doggies game. One stick got broken & the rest of them got held up about 3 times all second half against the Dogs. We didn't exactly have much to cheer about by then. :thumbsdown:

They are "SCG THE BROWNLOW FACTORY" "WE'VE GOT THE GOODES! "HALL 'EM IN!" & "PROUD SYDNEYSIDER!"

But my favourite banner is the one RobbieAndo normally uses at games.
Robbies1874bannerGF2005.jpg

Not just a cliched slogan, but a reminder of the history of my great club. :thumbsu:

SingingclubsongwithRobbievsTigesMCG.jpg

JF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ALL of them...in fact the sooner we get rid of cheer squads, the better. They are corny as hell, unimaginative and give absolutely no inspiration to the team or fans.

wee defan8tly need more Ultraz lyk in da Nothern Terruz at da Victree gaymz. They protest ageenst set seeting un stuff. Thay r well hard & r da bestest supportas eva ! :rolleyes:

Still, seriously, because of the rules in Cheer Squads these days not only is the originality gone but so is a lot of the passion. The AFL wants a family-oriented game & has cracked down on things like alcohol use banner-messages which are derogatory to the other team (even if Carlton got away with a very audatious one against Richmond this season....that went down like a lead ballon at Punt Rd & AFL House :D)

The Swans Cheer Squad in Melbourne have a decent mix of family AND colour/passion.We are intensely close during the season. To be honest I'm kind of lost at the moment without them.:(

I reckon our banners are up there with the best in the AFL. But you guys make up your own minds on that one! ;)

GrandFinalbanner.jpg

SwansCheerSquadGF2005.jpg

SwansCheerSquadvsRichmondMCG05.jpg

JF

A Fitzroy banner during their last year was the best I'd seen.

SEDUCED BY NORTH
r*ped BY BRISBANE
F----D BY THE AFL

I believe they got into a little bit of trouble for that.

There were a few other teams which popped up some interesting anti-merger messages on there banners when there teams looked threatened at the time.
Wasn't it Melbourne who had there banner banned, and they ended up showing it in some empty seats in the grandstand.

In terms of banners that are run through on matchday, nothing will ever come close to ours celebrating Richmond's anniversary - "Richmond: Celebrating 100 years of yellow and bleak".

From what I understand, the task this year of coming up with the slogans for the banners was handed to former Herald Sun journalist, Tony De Bolfo, rather than the cheersquad. He came up with some rippers this year, including for the West Coast game, "We could gloat, but we're better than that..."

Shortly after the Tiges game, Tony was quietly relieved of his duties, not entirely owing to AFL or media pressure, but because the cheer squad themselves complained, feeling they were now just there to make the thing.

Like I needed another reason to hate our feral cheer squad.

Another really lame one is that St Kilda "YOU BLOODY BEWDY" one.

I think a few Hawks fans have copied that one with the obvious modifications.

wee defan8tly need more Ultraz lyk in da Nothern Terruz at da Victree gaymz. They protest ageenst set seeting un stuff. Thay r well hard & r da bestest supportas eva ! :rolleyes:

ZOMG!!11!!!! FulLY Sik!!!1 yeh man lets get da flares in da afl.

Totally missed the point. AFL cheer squads are dull and lifeless. In 100 years they have only come up with *insert team* clap clap clap, repeat.

They dont create the atmopshere at the games, the fans do, when they scream out against bad decisions, or when a team breaks away from the backline, kicks a goal, takes a big mark etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst cheer squad flags/banners?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back