Golf World Golf thread - Come for the golf. Stay for the gorse

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Scott's time is up. Need to get more youth into the team.

He was pretty bad this weekend but he's got the type of swing where if he finds some form, the results should come, see what happens in 2021....

yep, you had it

still the international team has a bright future and will learn from this one

I also agree with Ernie—need to have your own governing body for the event

Much closer than I thought it was going to be.

Still expect a mauling in 2 years time on US soil.

I think Scott's time is up. Need to get more youth into the team.

you had the youngest team in events history I believe with 7 rookies

Just got back from the PC. Enjoyable weekend watching some of the worlds best get around.

Not sure if already mentioned but shoutout to Haotong Li for getting his physio to caddie for him (had never caddied before and speaks no English) and for seemingly not knowing what the go is in matchplay/team events, lol.

Great podcast on Alister Mackenzie's 10 week trip to Australia in the 1920's on commision to re-design RMGC and how it changed Australian Golf Course architecture for the rest of time around the country.

He was pretty bad this weekend but he's got the type of swing where if he finds some form, the results should come, see what happens in 2021....

Lol, it’s not some popularity contest.

Like the USA and Europe teams, you get picked on points from the completed season.

Scott had statistically one of his best years on the tour.

He's #18 in the world and the #1 ranked international team player atm.

i.e the first one picked!

Even though the USA was missing Koepka, Day missing and unfit really hurt the International team, he has the star factor and game to match it with anyone on his day, including Tiger.

Would of given the Int. side a different aura imo.

Last edited:
What a great week it was.

Anyone else attend?

My first golf attendance experience and I was very impressed.
Thursday was my highlight becuase it was so easy to follow who you wanted.

Crowds were massive on the weekend!

For most golf events, especially in Australia, thur and fri is the best time to attend to watch the golf. Would have loved to have been able to take the 2 days off work to follow tiger without the crowds.
Sat sun is all about atmosphere.

For most golf events, especially in Australia, thur and fri is the best time to attend to watch the golf. Would have loved to have been able to take the 2 days off work to follow tiger without the crowds.
Sat sun is all about atmosphere.

Dont worry Tiger had a big big crowd on Thursday.
But I followed him for about 6 holes and then watched some of the other foursomes.

Almost impossible to follow anyone on the weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah pick a spot, stay there. watch groups come through, then either leave or follow the throng

Do what we did.
Find our way half way up some scaffolding with a random volunteer who didnt give a crap and get one of the best views in the house at the 11th Green/12th Tee

Did foresee a Happy Gilmore style scaffold collapse onto the 11th green though.

Do what we did.
Find our way half way up some scaffolding with a random volunteer who didnt give a crap and get one of the best views in the house at the 11th Green/12th Tee

Did foresee a Happy Gilmore style scaffold collapse onto the 11th green though.
If anyone did get injured there they wouldn't mind. But what would I know? I'm just a doctor.....

Woah, its pretty cold in here. did pat reed and cam smith just join the chat?

Reed dug his way out of this chat a long time ago.

Is it just me or did even the nice yanks turn to complete w***ers the last couple of days.

JT, Tiger are the two examples I can think of.
Seemed fine and likable at the beginning of the week and by the end they were both acting like petulant children.

nah it was all linked to the same joke. Sorry for not making it incredibly obvious that I didn't actually think anyone would get injured. I'll let the pedantic society know their chairman will be late to the meeting cos he's in here talking to me👍👍

Sorry mate I got the quote but thought you were semi-serious about the injury.

We had a number of people give us a lecture while there etc.
Although to be fair I think they were just jealous.

Sorry mate I got the quote but thought you were semi-serious about the injury.

We had a number of people give us a lecture while there etc.
Although to be fair I think they were just jealous.
All good bro. I saw you changed your post to throw some happy Gilmore love my way. No dramas. Yes re your yank comments. They are a bunch of so and sos when they're on top

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf World Golf thread - Come for the golf. Stay for the gorse

Remove this Banner Ad

Back