Grand Slam Wimbledon 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Tsitsiptas has done pretty well at Grand Slams so far.

He has but he’ll struggle at Wimbledon with the way he grips the racquet- he’s still very young though. Zverev is a mug, overhyped spud. His opponent did take a set of Sam Querrey at Queens too.

Love the draws opening up so early. No Zverev & Tsitsipas, whilst Dimitrov, Monfils & PCB also gone. I like a large proportion of the players that got through to R2, good luck to them, nice half for me.

And then no Osaka, Vondrousova, Sabalenka, Garcia, Kasatkina, Ostapenko, so many young stars. And the 3rd time in 22 appearances that Venus has had a R1 exit from Wimbledon.

Popyrin can already aim for a calendar R2 set at the USO. Can't imagine too many Australian males have done that in recent times. Kyrgios in 2016, Tomic in 2015, Hewitt last did it in 2007, Scud last did it in 2003. ADM is currently on a 4 slam streak dating back to last Wimbledon.

Last edited:
I've just been reading through the last two and bit pages and can't believe all the good players that have bitten the dust in Rd 1. I think Osaka and Halep are struggling (even though Halep) got through without their original coaches. I wonder if Cahill comes back he will coach Halep. I'm a bit disappointed that Tsispas (Sp!) didn't get through. I'm a bit nervous for Kerber tonight, first match up on centre court tonight. Happy that Poppy got through.

Oh what will today's play bring.

I've just been reading through the last two and bit pages and can't believe all the good players that have bitten the dust in Rd 1. I think Osaka and Halep are struggling (even though Halep) got through without their original coaches. I wonder if Cahill comes back he will coach Halep. I'm a bit disappointed that Tsispas (Sp!) didn't get through. I'm a bit nervous for Kerber tonight, first match up on centre court tonight. Happy that Poppy got through.

Oh what will today's play bring.

No shock at all Osaka lost! She’s terrible on grass! Barely won a grass match the entire prep!

So Zverev and Tsitsipas bite the dust in Round 1, the Djokers half of the draw opens up.

Zverev been out of form and not great on grass vs Vesely who is good on grass and in decent form.
Told everyone doing multis to avoid him entirely.

Did not expect Tsitsipas to go down though. Strange.

Zverev been out of form and not great on grass vs Vesely who is good on grass and in decent form.
Told everyone doing multis to avoid him entirely.

Did not expect Tsitsipas to go down though. Strange.

Dimitrov was my multi killer. Bit pissy considering he was up 2-0.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh I had him and Tsitsipas in mine unfortunately.
Thats what you get with an 18 legger paying $30 to 1

Yeah nah I wouldn't normally go beyond 5-6 legs. Just trialled 6 for the B365 bonus loading. Had already cleaned up with a smaller multi so not too bothered, but still a bit pissy.

Dimitrov was my multi killer. Bit pissy considering he was up 2-0.

I learnt a long time ago to never trust Dimitrov he’s fair dinkum so inconsistent.

Unlucky though you’ll get the next one.

I'll have to check Wawrinka's draw and see how that will benefit him.

Both Novak and Wawrinka’s draws have opened up big time. Wouldn’t expect Wawrinka to beat Novak on a grass court if it came to that though

I wouldn't expect that either but if Stan makes the quarters that is still pretty good. He moved really well yesterday and his serve was on. He should of beaten Mahut at Queens but lost focus.

If that RBA ****s me over and doesnt cut today I'm going ape s**t.

Huge danger game- should win but I’m avoiding him on a grass court. That said the courts are noticeably slower this year so that helps

I wouldn't expect that either but if Stan makes the quarters that is still pretty good. He moved really well yesterday and his serve was on. He should of beaten Mahut at Queens but lost focus.

Didn’t see much of Queens other than the odd highlights. Yeah a QF appearance would be very good.

Kayo has about 5 or 6 courts on show.

Lets see. Court 3,12,17 and 3 "bonus" channels.

I am hoping they show court 4...

Really? That's annoying only because us Foxtel satellite viewers only get 2 and we are paying more..

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Slam Wimbledon 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back