Player Watch Willie Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

There have been a lot of Collingwood fans whose reply on social media to the clubs posts calling out the racial vilification has been "Racism is bad but did you see what he did...".

Excuses being made that Willie Rioli is copping something that he deserved.
No excuse made .. go see what the coach did , but anyway what control do we have over two people out of 25 million, posting disgusting shyte on twitter etc, ??????

Nope.

Best result we all hoped for was a fine, given results earlier this year for similar actions.

But downgrading the penalty to one week based on low impact rather than medium impact is what we will accept as fair.

AFL counsel arguing tonight that slap had the potential to cause a broken jaw is a double down on their idiocy.

That he is free to play against Geelong is a just outcome. My anger at Murphy for flopping remains.
F138KpGaAAEC8ZR

My issue with this is that the intial verdict of 2 games was way overs - and I feel it was a deliberate decision knowing they had room to negotiate it down to 1. How could they not have known this all the time? - it’s laughable and corrupt.

Not sure how it works but Port would have had a good shot to argue a downgrading of the deliberate to accidental, or low impact to no impact resulting in it just being a fine.

And while I’m ranting the Collingwood player should be fined/suspended for staging. If every player was that soft all of the time it may as well be soccer and a non contact sport…
F138KpGaAAEC8ZR

you have appear then to have never been to Richmond or Carlton game ..
Yep, Tigers only at the G but Carlton at Princes Park.
The day that Tredrea kicked 8 and took 17 marks in 3 quarters before a knee injury as a 19yo is one of my favourite memories. Their fans weren't that bad.

Second time somebody has decked Murphy this year isn't it?

Maybe if he doesn't want to get punched in the head he should stop bringing it on himself by being such an odious niggling prick. If somebody tried playing in the 80's the way Murphy plays now, they'd get roundhoused twice a game.

And yet after Willie king hit him to such devastating effect that he almost fell out of the stadium, he didnt even get assessed by the clubs medical staff. Very strange for a bloke with such a terrible concussion history.

Punching Nathan Murphy should be rewarded, not punished. He's a blight on the game. The absolute definition of a bloke who loves dishing it out but can't take it.

If you'e suffered so many headknocks and are a walking case of CTE to the point where a low impact face slap completely rocks you, you definitely should not be playing full contact sport anymore. He's a danger to himself.

When McCartin KOed himself lightly brushing against some grass everyone reacted this way

Murphy goes down like he's copped mike Tyson's uppercut from a light slap from a guy 20kg smaller and nothing.

When McCartin KOed himself lightly brushing against some grass everyone reacted this way

Murphy goes down like he's copped mike Tyson's uppercut from a light slap from a guy 20kg smaller and nothing.
That's because McCartin was genuinely concussed whereas Murphy was just being a diving little bitch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see Eddie, Barrett, Lloyd and Bartel agreeing that Rioli should have got 2, and Eddie thinking that he gets a game discount because of racial comment.
No mention of which clubs supporters it was.

Eddie doing a hatchet job on Rioli on Footy Classified.

Said that Murphy was dazed for minutes after Rioli's open hand hit him.

Funny how Murphy did not leave the ground.
Nor was that mentioned in the Collingwood medical report at the tribunal

But when has the truth ever stopped Ed

Good to see Eddie, Barrett, Lloyd and Bartel agreeing that Rioli should have got 2, and Eddie thinking that he gets a game discount because of racial comment.
No mention of which clubs supporters it was.

Well, Greg Griffin did say that in the AFL system the Indigenous players simply get treated differently to the rest. I'm not sure this is what he was getting at though.

Anyone not see anything wrong with this?
We all do.

But apparently Port Adelaide should be embarrassed by the defence Rioli / PAFC put up, but they’re not embarrassed by their own bias on a national football show (Footy Classified, where classified is an acronym for the show’s run sheet)

Collingwood
Love
Always,
Show
Scant
Interest
For
Interstate,
Eddie,
Daicos

Eddie who?

Struggling to find anything in this article on his legal qualifications.

View attachment 1756683
So when he's sitting at home watching the games he's already being influenced about the outcomes by the commentary team covering the game.
And how many times do we see a player from a Victorian team involved in an incident and the consensus is immediately, "yeah I don't think there's anything in that, I don't think there was any malicious intent there etc etc."
Then one of our players does something and theres 20 replays of the incident from every angle they have. "Gee he's probably in some trouble there you'd think, not a good look for the game, that's what the AFL are trying to stamp out....." Yada yada yada.
The media should be limited somehow in what they can say around these incidents, especially on gameday, I don't think they should have any right to hand down their moral judgements and influence public opinion when it sometimes feels as though it's based on which team they play for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back