Will we beat West Coast?

Remove this Banner Ad

I really think we could turn it around.

They aren't that good WCE FFS

No they aren't that good - but playing in front of their home ground - two exceptional ruckmen, a midfield that fired even though they were beaten by the dockers, have been well and truly scorched by the media and been lambasted from pillar to post on talkback radio by their supporters and then throw in the fact that the axe is to be swung and what is available to be bought in is not much better than what is going out then I would say we are on a hiding to nothing.

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than for all of the above to be totally wrong and we beat them by 10 goals like we did in 08 but if we are basing it on what has been bought to the table in the last 5 rounds then yes they are better than us.

I dont care if we beat them, just a more spirited effort is needed.
Bring Breust(if possible) and Hooper (if fit) into the fowardline, send Roughy back and Shoenmakers foward.

Dowler and Muston must be picked to see if they are going to give us anything.

If all else fails, clone Hodge

Well, I have some good news for you!! McLaren WON'T be umpiring us, or anybody ,anywhere this week. He has been dropped!!:thumbsu::D

Pity he and razor couldn't be dropped from every hawk game.

Even with 2 ruckmen it would be a difficult game West Coast at home regardless of where they are on the ladder.
They will be copping it in the media all week after the Derby.
I cant see us winning.

The advantage we have is that the Eagles are backing up from a derby which traditionally takes alot out of the combatants. Despite this I don't like our chances. We are leaving too much to too few.

There is talk of taking a stand with some of the underachieving senior players but the available replacements are either young and inexperienced or struggling themselves. Best we can hope for is to start the ball rolling identifying the players that are going to stand up for the future of this club. Unfortunately I can see a period of players playing for themselves initially before confidence returns and we see a team again.

I think you guys are a good chance. We are playing absolute rubbish, even at home. If you guys are close enough or even infront by the fourth quarter, it should be your game as we fall asleep and seriously seem to lack fitness. and we seem to be the club that plays other teams into form. good luck for the game :thumbsu:

oh is sam mitchell able to come back against us? he always tears us apart

I say YES.....if the Players respond to all the criticism that they have received during the week and put their bodies on the line and play to their ability.

They should come out firing and smash the Eagles.

Generally play Subi pretty well however I feel unless we bring our "A" game, something we haven't done since 2008GF then put it down as another loss.

I am going to the game on Saturday and was even contemplating giving my ticket away after what I have witnessed on tele the last three weeks!

However as a loyal fan I will go and after the game bend over and take it from the West Coast supporters!

Please Hawks save me the pain for at least this week!!

nope!
only team we'll beat this year are richmond and melb.

After the collingwood game, i saw the next few games and thought, we might start a winning streak.
After the essendon game, i know we'll end up as a bottom 2 side.

Saw West Coast against Freo live yesterday and for the first half, they were pretty good....2nd half atrocious....but this still doesn;t compare to the output the Hawks have offered up....

West Coast have lost Embley, Masten and Jones from the game...would really appreciate it, if they were not allowed to replace them...then we may have a chance, but still unlikely.

If we play like we played against the Bombers....Cox and Nic Nat will win an all time record number of taps and the only thing that will save us from being totally smashed, is that the form of the Eagles after half time, (as in late in the game, isnt that flash....)

I would like a cyclone to develop on Thursday and wipe out the game for Saturday, making it a 0.0 game each get 2 points...

seriously, if 2 points were offered up right now, i would want the club to take them, no questions asked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, I think we'll beat West Coast easily - mainly through the efforts of Hodge and Bateman in the ruck overpowering Cox and Natanui.

And Mick Malthouse will resign this week and hand over the reigns to Buckley.

Voss is going to be busted for being in possession of 15 kgs of herion.

Roosy's running a prostitution racket.

Fev will declare he's been in a gay relationship with Kevin Rudd for 15 years.

Anything else you need to know?

Yes, I think we'll beat West Coast easily - mainly through the efforts of Hodge and Bateman in the ruck overpowering Cox and Natanui.

And Mick Malthouse will resign this week and hand over the reigns to Buckley.

Voss is going to be busted for being in possession of 15 kgs of herion.

Roosy's running a prostitution racket.

Fev will declare he's been in a gay relationship with Kevin Rudd for 15 years.

Anything else you need to know?

Pffft... Highly unlikely. Voss is scared of needles;)

I wish we could...I am thinking back to 1994 when we had been under heaps of pressure after been smashed by the Roos, Dees and Carlton after beating the Saints with Piggy missing. We come to Subi against with the odds stacked firmly against us, like an impenetrable barrier and then proceed to whip them by 74 points. I wish it would play out something like that but nah, can't see us winning :(

We are in a really big hole at the moment and it only appears to be getting larger so we will lose. Hodge and Buddy can star and it won't be enough. Renouf will do OK but unfortunately more than half of our team are currently just collecting their pay checks. WCE by six goals. We have no spirit or resolve. Hopefully we can squeak by the Tigers the following week.

I was supposed to go to this game but the tickets I was receiving have fallen through and tbh am quite relieved.

Like Brant said, nothing worse than WCE supporters (they are far and away more feral than dockers) and having sat through last year with nicnat running amok where we at least looked a chance the thought of suffering through another game amongst eagle members is more than I could bare

+1 to that. I guess 15 years of mediocrity have made Freo fans humble and stops them getting ahead of themselves.

Our only consolation is an extra days rest and that Wet Toast are coming off a very bruising encounter.

They are very poor by foot so even if we can lift our intensity 10% the turnovers generated should provide more scoring opportunities than we've had in a while. Shame JR is struggling to hit the side of a barn at the moment.

We will not win untill we play richmond , they are the worst team in the competition, we are the second worst, all a side need do to beat the hawks is lay 80+ tackles and we are toast., Clarkson has said he will persist with his gameplan therefore we are stuffed because that gameplan is history ,2 wins in the last 12 games against only richmond and melbourne is clear evidence of that, only when clarkson puts his ego in the locker and we switch to a high pressure high tackling side will we start winning again, but who knows when that will be as clarko is not one to change his mind easily.

We will not win untill we play richmond , they are the worst team in the competition, we are the second worst, all a side need do to beat the hawks is lay 80+ tackles and we are toast., Clarkson has said he will persist with his gameplan therefore we are stuffed because that gameplan is history ,2 wins in the last 12 games against only richmond and melbourne is clear evidence of that, only when clarkson puts his ego in the locker and we switch to a high pressure high tackling side will we start winning again, but who knows when that will be as clarko is not one to change his mind easily.

That's a purely 50/50 game for mine.

If you think otherwise, just look at the fact that we didn't score in the last quarter against a bitter rival when our season was on the line. Plus Essendon ain't exactly a top 8 side..

We tend to bring out the best in our opposition each week, you all thought the last 3 weeks have been bad, this one will be the worst. We struggle to beat the eagles at our best, i hate to think what is going to happen this week. If we lose by 3 or 4 goals that would be a reasonable result, but somehow i dont think it will close.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will we beat West Coast?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back