Who will be the best player in the league in five years from now?

Remove this Banner Ad

fun New
Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Goddamn anyone see the Horne boy at Port smack the s**t outta Essendon? He was barrelling through the red and black like were made out of cardboard. 20 years old I think, a total brute already.

Got me thinking who is gonna be the best player in the league in five years?

Horny Francis? Rozee was HOT too. Luke Dog Jackson looks very good, Gulden, Sheezel, so much young talent.

Gimme ur thoughts bigfooty

Hayden Young. Best long distance field kick I’ve seen since Buckley, with some incredible vision, agility and strength you wouldn’t expect from such a light frame.

Hayden Young. Best long distance field kick I’ve seen since Buckley, with some incredible vision, agility and strength you wouldn’t expect from such a light frame.
Brave call. Serrong and Jackson more likely from what I’ve seen (admittedly, not a lot)

My bet is one of JHF and Reid. Both have shown signs of what they can do, JHF is already doing it semi-regularly, and Reid in his 4th game broke 7 tackles(2nd most in a game, only behind Dusty who had 8 one time) against a reasonably strong Swans midfield. Both will be unstoppable imo.

I think Rozee is close to his peak, he relies on speed and agility which tend to fade a bit as players get older, in 5 years he will be 29.
Gulden will be up there but as an outside player I think his ability to be good depends on the inside players a lot.
Tom green is an accumulator, I dont think hes a match winner so much, still very good though.
Daicos looked good when the Collingwood gameplan was give it to Daicos at every opportunity, as a full time mid hes fallen off a bit.
Sheezel i dont know, if hes across half back like he now all his career he wont reach the peaks of the others i feel.
Jackson might not be able to fully shine playing behind Darcy, hes obviously very versatile and athletic but wont have the best role, the dockers midfield is too stacked now for him to be in there regularly too.
Jed Walter is hard to know until he plays a bit more. KPFs dont usually come on for at least a few years.
I think Zane Duursma is Norths best chance of "best player in the comp", but behind the main two I mentioned.

Lachie Neale

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jed Walter by a country mile. Complete freak.

Don’t think it’ll be anyone 24 or under. Especially not a KPF.

Probably an already elite player from 2017-21 draft. They will be in their primes.

Tom Green if I had to pick one.
Max King if I had to pick from left field.

Brave call. Serrong and Jackson more likely from what I’ve seen (admittedly, not a lot)
Yeah there's probably 10+ players his age or younger that are ahead of him right now, so I know it's a bit of a hot take. I just haven't seen a player come through the draft in years having that good a point of difference

Dylan Shiel

Gulden will be up there but as an outside player I think his ability to be good depends on the inside players a lot.
Depends what you value I guess. Winning the ball is obviously important but you need someone who can deliver it with precision. My own team prioritise winning contersts, hasn’t helped us the last two years.

Great post though, very good points.

If Freo players like Young & Jackson were in Melbourne, they would be treated like icons.

It’ll still be Charlie Curnow.

Maurice Rioli.

He starting to show some real signs of being a breakout superstar
I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back