Coach Who does Alistair Clarkson coach next? Poll included.

Who does Clarkson coach next?

• Giants

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Suns

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Bombers

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Eagles

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Kangaroos

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Port

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Crows

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Another one down - no GWS.

Coming to North people!

Can't wait to see the entire AFL implode when it happens.

Yeah Yeah!

Another one down - no GWS.

Coming to North people!

Can't wait to see the entire AFL implode when it happens.

Yeah Yeah!
Hmm, he said he has no intention of talking to them any time soon, but couldn't that change before GWS appoints their new coach? I wouldn't put a line through them yet. At this point, I don't even know if he'll be coaching anyone next year.

Hmm, he said he has no intention of talking to them any time soon, but couldn't that change before GWS appoints their new coach? I wouldn't put a line through them yet. At this point, I don't even know if he'll be coaching anyone next year.
line put through. all the way baby.

Enjoy the next 6 months of me smugly posting in this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just seems weird that Clarko would be coaching a current team, feel he will wait for a Tasmanian team and jump on that.
Too good a footy head to just step away for a couple years. Is he capable of joining fox footy like Buckley until then?

I'm tipping he wants to stay in Melbourne and takes on the Bombers gig.

Hawks fans would heckin lose it if clarkson ended up with us.

though unless the remainder of 2022 is a complete and utter disaster i cant see us punting truck 2 years into the gig.

Hawks fans would duckin lose it if clarkson ended up with us.

though unless the remainder of 2022 is a complete and utter disaster i cant see us punting truck 2 years into the gig.
can't clarkson pretty much coach whoever he wants? who wouldn't take him? dees? dockers? lions? blues? swans? saints? tigers? anyone else?

can't clarkson pretty much coach whoever he wants? who wouldn't take him? dees? dockers? lions? blues? swans? saints? tigers? anyone else?

i mean he probably can.

but seeing a coach who won 4 flags for your club coaching your rival would be rough.

I can see a melbourne side being relocated to tassie.......and he'll take the reigns of that transition
It would be for the best to do this and keep the competition to 18 teams, but then again, the AFL will love the idea of more times so they can have 10 games a round.

But should the smaller Vic clubs continue to struggle in the future, an eventual relocating of the Roos to Tassie and the Dogs to the NT, if they can't get their act together, wouldn't be the worst thing they could do (and Giants to Canberra should they struggle to do better in western Sydney). There's still plenty of time for the Dogs and Giants because an NT team and Canberra team is obviously a lot further away than Tassie; therefore, time is running out for North, imo.

It would be for the best to do this and keep the competition to 18 teams, but then again, the AFL will love the idea of more times so they can have 10 games a round.

But should the smaller Vic clubs continue to struggle in the future, an eventual relocating of the Roos to Tassie and the Dogs to the NT, if they can't get their act together, wouldn't be the worst thing they could do (and Giants to Canberra should they struggle to do better in western Sydney). There's still plenty of time for the Dogs and Giants because an NT team and Canberra team is obviously a lot further away than Tassie; therefore, time is running out for North, imo.
Na for as long as we're financially stable we'll stay at Arden St.

Na for as long as we're financially stable we'll stay at Arden St.
Fair enough. The most likely scenario is tassie being team 19 and team 20 coming a year or two after tassie, but who knows where that'll be (I just hope it's not NSW, QLD, or VIC). Gotta be one of ACT/NT/WA/SA, actual footy states, but NT is the least likely for obvious reasons.

The guy is a bloody good Coach, three flags in a row at their home ground against interstate sides, amazing effort.

Fair enough. The most likely scenario is tassie being team 19 and team 20 coming a year or two after tassie, but who knows where that'll be (I just hope it's not NSW, QLD, or VIC). Gotta be one of ACT/NT/WA/SA, actual footy states, but NT is the least likely for obvious reasons.
I think the NT is an option, especially if the AFL run a strong academy system which would just be an expanded Northern Academies to help with player retention and stuff (unless there already is one there).

The NT package to GC in 2019 should come off soon since they're building a solid team and as I said in other threads they can genuinely make the finals this year.

Back