FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dancing For the Devil
Maaaaaan religious cults give me the ****en heebie jeebies
Checkout The Opportunist podcast and their 4 part series on Sherryl Ruthven - she runs her own church/cult and sort of implies she's the reincarnation of Mary Magdalene whilst destroying people's lives and bank balances...oh and they kind of workshop house cats too

Checkout The Opportunist podcast and their 4 part series on Sherryl Ruthven - she runs her own church/cult and sort of implies she's the reincarnation of Mary Magdalene whilst destroying people's lives and bank balances...oh and they kind of workshop house cats too
Gah that sounds great but I'm so not a podcast girlie! Any shows you could recommend instead?

Gah that sounds great but I'm so not a podcast girlie! Any shows you could recommend instead?
Mmm I can't really think of any off the top of my head...the first season of True Detective skirts around the edges of religious cult territory and is just an awesome show that should be watched at least once if you haven't already?

1717993651575.png

Ashamed to say I watched this whole thing from start to finish... surprisingly hilarious.

Fanum, Ginge and Specs had me in tears. Chloe from Love Island is always a good viewing. Castillo played the villain well.

I generally hate influencers but some of these people were genuinely funny.

Sometimes I prefer trashy shit like this over proper televsion. Shoot me.

View attachment 2016034

Ashamed to say I watched this whole thing from start to finish... surprisingly hilarious.

Fanum, Ginge and Specs had me in tears. Chloe from Love Island is always a good viewing. Castillo played the villain well.

Never heard of this (surprise!) but I like challenge shows. Might be worth it.

Starting a 24 series binge re-watch marathon (just the original series not the pointless spin off movie and Sequel series)

Haven't watched it in years, it's as gripping, tense and enthralling as I remember

There is a passionate intensity to Kiefer Sutherland which made him the perfect and only choice to play Jack Bauer.

I honestly feel like this is a rare spy/action/political thriller series that will never age badly.

You just get so emotionally drawn in and invested in the plight of supporting characters like Kim (Jack's daughter)

If it's not a top 10 best TV series of all time, its definitely in the 10-20 range.

Anyone here who has never seen it, I can't recommend it highly enough (it's streaming on Disney Plus)

Never heard of this (surprise!) but I like challenge shows. Might be worth it.

The whole concept is to not lose money and some of the contestants are rich and don't give a ****, others care about not losing money. Makes for some funny viewing.

I enjoyed it for what it was.

Timeless - Prime - 2 seasons 20+ episodes

A secret government cabal steals a time machine and goes back in time to change history to directly influence erm their influence

Chased by a group trying to stop them achieving their goals

Its ok - you get to see a lot of historical figures , you get a lot of pop culture references as they try and hide identities behind such aliases as Cagney and Lacey etc

its ok for what it is - its an interesting way to look at time travel and loops and causation but ultimately it gets bogged down by the human drama

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Timeless - Prime - 2 seasons 20+ episodes

A secret government cabal steals a time machine and goes back in time to change history to directly influence erm their influence

Chased by a group trying to stop them achieving their goals

Its ok - you get to see a lot of historical figures , you get a lot of pop culture references as they try and hide identities behind such aliases as Cagney and Lacey etc

its ok for what it is - its an interesting way to look at time travel and loops and causation but ultimately it gets bogged down by the human drama

I watched it when it came out and I always felt it didn't need a second season.

View attachment 2016034

I am part way through the final episode. I pick and choose what videos from the Sidemen and Beta Squad that I watch.
I like that fact that it only runs for 1 week and doesn't go on forever like other shows like Big Brother and Love Island. And England do reality shows better than everyone else.
My only criticism was that they had opportunity to get their subscribers in the house rather than social media celebrities. Would have been a good way to payback their fans

How's the rest of the show? I never made it past season 3 despite adoring season 1.
I'm trying to recall which was the hardest to get through, it was one of them. I think season 2 was good but a step down, season 3 a step down again and just OK, then season 4 being a big step up to be second best season. Long episodes but I really enjoyed it.

giving Serpent Queen (stan) a go before S2 hits, very enjoyable first few eps, has a bit of that The Great cheek and verve to it. Still in telling flashback mode to young Catherine so yet to see how it develops and makes the Morton timeline transition yet.

Also recently finally caught up with Parks & Rec and Phoenix (as a big fan of Janus). S1 of the former was middling and lucky to survive but then it steps up in S2 and had a strong run of eps going for a bit there.

Phoenix was as brilliant as I’ve heard. Not quite as rewarding to me as Janus was but same spirit and level of quality, very ahead of its time and admirably intelligent, realistic and contextual. Leaves iview in a week so quick smart if you haven’t, easily a top 10 local series. Very bingeable, includes some early sightings of the likes of Radha Mitchell and Lawrence Mooney, also some of the period VicPol slang might be informative for Mad Max fans.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back