What's happening in the Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ohh well a win is a win kflat had a few out 2 like warfy,brown n so on
last pgame this weekend another win will boost there conferdence 4 round 1 agst sqaure just good to see the club head in the right direaction

ohh well a win is a win kflat had a few out 2 like warfy,brown n so on
last pgame this weekend another win will boost there conferdence 4 round 1 agst sqaure just good to see the club head in the right direaction

Why does Warfe keep sitting the practice matches out? It hasn't played for 4 years so you'd reckon he would be keen to get as many games as he can under his belt.

Just reading the review of yesterdays game on centralvicfooty sounds it was a ripper game pissed i couldn't get there a bloke i spoke to reckons it was one of the better games of country footy he has seen for a long while. Both these teams look set to be strong again.

Not sure why warfy is sitting out the pgame he might be carrying an injury or tightness.

The better players on the day.
Well brooksy and lobby played there part a few new guys who im not sure of there names as of yet stood out we seem to have a few guys that will run with the ball and a few guys who can take that mark and put there hands up for a real crack.

Things are looking positive at the club hoping for a good year 4-5 wins would be a start if not playing finals.

The ressies team have a few handy players and speed which will make selection of a thursday night difficult

Q. What holds 21 players and goe's choke choke choke choke choke down the Calder highway.

A. The Gisbourne team bus.

Once again when things get tight and heated Gissy players stand back and spectate.
Would'nt it be funny if every other team has a draw and Gisbourne are on the bottom of the ladder after round 1!

Anyone can coach a side when their 7-8 goals infront all day but once Gisbourne are tested Barham goe's to water.

Q. What holds 21 players and goe's choke choke choke choke choke down the Calder highway.

Once again when things get tight and heated Gissy players stand back and spectate.
Would'nt it be funny if every other team has a draw and Gisbourne are on the bottom of the ladder after round 1!

Anyone can coach a side when their 7-8 goals infront all day but once Gisbourne are tested Barham goe's to water.

Wait a second coming from a Golden Square person, a side that rate themselves highly every year a choke during the year or if they make finals

Very harsh assessment my friend.
Gisbourne has been almost faultless for countless seasons now baring what a 2 point loss in the big one last year and a 4 point loss to start the campaign this season..

Hardly deserve the 'choker' tag!

Wait a second coming from a Golden Square person, a side that rate themselves highly every year a choke during the year or if they make finals

I ain't from square mr. , close but a few k's down the road.

I hear Greg Norman will be taking training this week followed by a meeting in the social rooms where he and the players will all sit around and share their choking experiences.

In all seriousness, who ever decided to bring the gis v e/hawke forward a few rounds so it was the only home n away match scheduled for that saturday was a good idea but did they rtake into account that other teams were playing practice matches.
I'm sure if was played on the sunday there would've been atleast 100 more spectators from other leagues and bedigo clubs at $8- entry plus they would've spent another $10-minimum on food beer etc.. that would equate to an extra $1800- atleast.

If the league had any brains they would've arranged it to be played under lights at qeo saturday night, yet still been a e/hawke home game so they would get the gate money plus canteen and bar sales and they would've got a finals like crowd and made a fortune.

Steven Oliver what are doing son!

Very harsh assessment my friend.
Gisbourne has been almost faultless for countless seasons now baring what a 2 point loss in the big one last year and a 4 point loss to start the campaign this season..

Hardly deserve the 'choker' tag!

Don't forget Gisbourne also lost that night final last year by under a kick.
Fact is they melt when the heat is on.

You right no one can fault there consistancy and success over the past 6 years and its been the last 6 years they've been on here gloating with their arrogance and disrespect for bendigo teams.
But lately since things are'nt running so smooth down there and after a first up loss they go in hiding like bin ladin.

I always grew up with the moto, "if your prepared to give be prepared to cop it".

But gisbournes General (my father handed me a business) Manager cant except any critism towards his club cos his head is too far up his bottom and all he can see inside is the gissy team photo.

Don't forget Gisbourne also lost that night final last year by under a kick.
Fact is they melt when the heat is on.

You right no one can fault there consistancy and success over the past 6 years and its been the last 6 years they've been on here gloating with their arrogance and disrespect for bendigo teams.
But lately since things are'nt running so smooth down there and after a first up loss they go in hiding like bin ladin.

I always grew up with the moto, "if your prepared to give be prepared to cop it".

But gisbournes General (my father handed me a business) Manager cant except any critism towards his club cos his head is too far up his bottom and all he can see inside is the gissy team photo.

Gee you get excited over a loss in the 1st week of April. End of the day Gisborne have 4 of the last 6 flags. You want to name who you support?? It must be a super team for you to be able to run your mouth like you do.

Eaglehawk is the best team in the comp and reigning premiers - a 4 point loss at their home ground is not a complete disaster. Also the 27 to 38 scoring shots in fav of Gis showed we can more than complete with the best.

if square don't find sum1 suitable to coach d.walsh will do it again.
pye was only a 1 year deal so they will on the hunt for a ruck replacement.
hawkins, lloyd and fraser travell from melb each and are 50/50 whether they will again, probably seeking options closer to their home.
if walsh does coach again they could loose a few that were'nt to happy on missing out on the finals.

Your not Square? All you post relate to them - weak as p!ss ablett - no wonder your ashamed to say you support Sqaure - you have never had a 6 year run like Gisborne have.

And stop naming your self like your some sort of coaching god. They lost a few players because you cannot coach and clean windows.

Close, the last time i played around Bendigo was for the bulldogs but not them.

Don't go bragging about six grand finals in a row, if every other club spent the cash you guys did they would've made six aswell.

When you pay mcguane 60,000 a year plus an open cheque book for players then your destined for success.

I like how you try and back peddle about your loss.
The reason gissy kicked bad is cos they were'nt used to having shots on grass , their used to kicking for goal in mud( your disgrace home surface)
or they were under pressure and not front running as per usual.
Just face it you were beaten by a better side on the day and guess what, get use to it cos its gunna happen alot this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Close, the last time i played around Bendigo was for the bulldogs but not them.

Don't go bragging about six grand finals in a row, if every other club spent the cash you guys did they would've made six aswell.

When you pay mcguane 60,000 a year plus an open cheque book for players then your destined for success.

I like how you try and back peddle about your loss.
The reason gissy kicked bad is cos they were'nt used to having shots on grass , their used to kicking for goal in mud( your disgrace home surface)
or they were under pressure and not front running as per usual.
Just face it you were beaten by a better side on the day and guess what, get use to it cos its gunna happen alot this year.

Once again hero you have not named who you support. 300 post all about square and now you support somone else.

You have no facts about player payment - every team that have sustained success get labelled with this type of bullsh!t - it is a weak arguement from weaker type people.

Seeing you know so much and we at Gisborne have to get used to losing a lot this year make a prediction we can come back to in Sept - how many losses will Gisborne have this year??

Don't forget the windows Ablett.

Once again hero you have not named who you support. 300 post all about square and now you support somone else.

You have no facts about player payment - every team that have sustained success get labelled with this type of bullsh!t - it is a weak arguement from weaker type people.

Seeing you know so much and we at Gisborne have to get used to losing a lot this year make a prediction we can come back to in Sept - how many losses will Gisborne have this year??

Firstly- i get 5bux a window , at 200 windows a day you do the math, some of us have to earn a quid not every one gets a business handed to them by their daddy.
Secondly- Gisbourne will loose another 3-4 times including atleast once at home, will still finish top 3 but loose the granny if they make it.

Firstly- i get 5bux a window , at 200 windows a day you do the math, some of us have to earn a quid not every one gets a business handed to them by their daddy.
Secondly- Gisbourne will loose another 3-4 times including atleast once at home, will still finish top 3 but loose the granny if they make it.

They tell you that you get 5 bucks a window but that is the cost of cleaning after you have licked them. 5 losses this year - lets revisit in Sept.

Here is the deal - Gis lose 5 or more games I never post again. If they lose less you do the same?? Lets see if you will back yourself or sh!t your pants.

KA I've seen you and your sunbury boys make statements like this about Redan on the Ballarat thread. Bit contradictory aren't you?

Your not Square? All you post relate to them - weak as p!ss ablett - no wonder your ashamed to say you support Sqaure - you have never had a 6 year run like Gisborne have.

And stop naming your self like your some sort of coaching god. They lost a few players because you cannot coach and clean windows.

I don't know wether Woosh would be posting on this site KA

KA I've seen you and your sunbury boys make statements like this about Redan on the Ballarat thread. Bit contradictory aren't you?

Gisborne is a lot different to Sunbury - one have 90k from Pokies handed to them - the other doesn't. No doubt Sunbury and Redan pay there players very well. Gisborne would be no where near either of them.

The reason Redan gets bagged as well as Gisborne is all to do with tall poppy syndrome! People get jealous of sustained success - take Ablett for example.

Gisborne is a lot different to Sunbury - one have 90k from Pokies handed to them - the other doesn't. No doubt Sunbury and Redan pay there players very well. Gisborne would be no where near either of them.

The reason Redan gets bagged as well as Gisborne is all to do with tall poppy syndrome! People get jealous of sustained success - take Ablett for example.

Redan were the easybeats of the Ballarat league not so long ago so they have done a great job to turn things around over the past few years.

People got long memories on here frontrunner eh ?
Guess all your chickens are coming home to roost !

Pretty sure Gis have the runs on the board played off in every grandfinal since 2002 is a pretty fair effort.

In my opinion are still the bench mark. I think the choker tag is a fair way off i have never seen them get smashed and have seen them run over sides when they have been pressured for 3 quarters..

In saying that bad kicking is bad footy and it will be interesting to see if the borough can continue their improvement and stay on top.. No one is going to have a true indication of where they are at until everyone has played each other once..

Maryborough has no thirds, Sandhurst has no twos....

Who on this thread would support amalgamating some of the second tier leagues? (MCDFL, LVFL & HDFL)

Bendigo has to sustain 4 leagues - not enough players to go around.

Maryborough has no thirds, Sandhurst has no twos....

Who on this thread would support amalgamating some of the second tier leagues? (MCDFL, LVFL & HDFL)

Bendigo has to sustain 4 leagues - not enough players to go around.

Don't think that will work - a hybrid Thirds/Seconds side with a maximum of 8 openage and no player over 24 might though.

That's where we are heading, and lets face it, thirds footy is far superior to reserves and has been for a long, long time.

Don't think that will work - a hybrid Thirds/Seconds side with a maximum of 8 openage and no player over 24 might though.

That's where we are heading, and lets face it, thirds footy is far superior to reserves and has been for a long, long time.

That doesn't make sense... Thirds footy is far superior to twos, yet bring the quality of thirds down by throwing 2's in the mix?

Operational nightmare with the team sheets.

No - definately too many teams / leagues. That's the problem. Western Plains and Lexton merged b/c of this exact problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back