What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Cornes is trying to be agile to ensure his career continues. Obvious to all, even Cornes, that Hinkley is gone, so Cornes needs to attach himself like a limpet to another coach to prolong his media gig.

And who better than Luke 'I don't coach circus performers' Beveridge. We are about to see a deluge of pro-Dogs output from Cornes.

I believe he's already agitating for the return of the third-man up rule, and planning a campaign for us to play home finals quarters 1 and 2 at Mars, short interlude, then quarters 3 and 4 at VUWO.

WATCH THIS SPACE! Even better... BOOKMARK IT! 😉

I reckon Cornes is trying to be agile to ensure his career continues. Obvious to all, even Cornes, that Hinkley is gone, so Cornes needs to attach himself like a limpet to another coach to prolong his media gig.

And who better than Luke 'I don't coach circus performers' Beveridge. We are about to see a deluge of pro-Dogs output from Cornes.

I believe he's already agitating for the return of the third-man up rule, and planning a campaign for us to play home finals quarters 1 and 2 at Mars, short interlude, then quarters 3 and 4 at VUWO.

WATCH THIS SPACE! Even better... BOOKMARK IT! 😉
Put me down for a kilo

1719839279061.png

What part of “don’t grab an opponent head-high, 80 metres off the ball” didn’t Archer or Clarkson understand?

Archer was instructed not to let Cody off the leash, keep him close, prevent him from leading. But try to catch the wind, it’s impossible.
Wouldn't have bothered me if that one hadn't been paid. Worse offences - usually in the action - are missed in every game, probably every quarter. And this one had absolutely no bearing on Cody's ability to compete for the ball if it had come his way in the next few seconds. The main thing is that Weightman was not playing for a free one iota in that sequence. And that was Bevo's main point.

Where did our trade thread go?

Do you mean this one...?

Archer’s an inexperienced defender at AFL level. Hasn’t figured out how to mark his man without giving away the frees.

Just don’t whack Weightman off the ball. Or on the ball for that matter, Nathan Wilson got a week for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But there were a few times where he didn’t get the free kick but was trying to milk it. Maybe these aren’t obvious on tv but both my mate and his son were calling him out on it through the game. I totally get why footy public don’t like him. I’m like this with Ginnivan and previously with Selwood.
There were a few times when the Bont didn't get a free kick but was trying to milk it. Same for
Treloar and many other players on both teams. I don't think there's a midfielder in the league that does not throw his hands out and his head back to try and get a call for being held without the ball at least three times a game. Yes, my only option is to watch the stream from Watch AFL so I don't see everything but from here I am not seeing Cody doing anything that most other players aren't doing. In one of his early games he got a free kick for a push in the back that shouldn't have been called. Watching the replays it looked like that the view the umpire had made it look a lot worse than it was, all other angles showed there was nothing in it. The commentators jumped all over that call and how Cody had milked it. To my eye there wasn't much in that accusation either, but the label has stuck.

There were a few times when the Bont didn't get a free kick but was trying to milk it. Same for
Treloar and many other players on both teams. I don't think there's a midfielder in the league that does not throw his hands out and his head back to try and get a call for being held without the ball at least three times a game. Yes, my only option is to watch the stream from Watch AFL so I don't see everything but from here I am not seeing Cody doing anything that most other players aren't doing. In one of his early games he got a free kick for a push in the back that shouldn't have been called. Watching the replays it looked like that the view the umpire had made it look a lot worse than it was, all other angles showed there was nothing in it. The commentators jumped all over that call and how Cody had milked it. To my eye there wasn't much in that accusation either, but the label has stuck.
My issue wasn’t with the frees he got, they were all clearly there, but a few times where he didn’t play it straight and tried to draw a free. He cut his teeth learning to play footy this way and it’s instinctive now. I personally don’t find that admirable and only want to see him be better than that sought of thing. I’m a bit old school and love football being competitive
I loved every bit of Bevo defending him. I love combative Bevo. As opposed to Clarko whining…again. Bevo’s ok with Robbo generally and gives him long interviews and good press. But Robbo can never take off his Essendon hat, and they are sinking rapidly and can see them maybe playing us in another Elimination Final and is haunted by Cody doing what he did last time. So he is trying to set up Cody to be umpired now like Ginnivan is/was, where he can get his head ripped off but will not get the free kick because of past actions. I reckon Robbo and Bevo will still be fine with each other, have a spat and move on, not be old women about it, unlike some other journos we know?

Been a long while since I've seen Beveridge show any sort of emotion like that.
He’s back baby….theyve awoken the beast….strap yourselves in, it’s gonna be a wild ride

Us believers always knew he’d be back

Can't wait for a savvy boxing promoter to offer a retired Bevo and Barrett some cold hard cash to get in the ring together.

It will need to be done publicly so that snivelling weasel Barrett has to turn it down in front of all the footy personalities that he spends his life sacking up to.

Gee I'm up and about after watching that.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this but watching back 360, I think we’ve found out what’s happened to Riley Garcia.

Bevo, when questioned about his thoughts on the umpiring, bought up how bad calls affect young players and Garcia was mentioned. I’d hazard a guess that’s why he’s been “dropped” to get him out of the heat of the AFL to regain some confidence.

Can't wait for a savvy boxing promoter to offer a retired Bevo and Barrett some cold hard cash to get in the ring together.

It will need to be done publicly so that snivelling weasel Barrett has to turn it down in front of all the footy personalities that he spends his life sacking up to.

Gee I'm up and about after watching that.
I reckon it should be a maze with an exit and Krusty the Kornes. Give Krusty a 30 second head start and a drone follows the live action from above ... with Jaws music. Sort of an OJ Simpson Bronco meets Jaws combo. It would be great television.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this but watching back 360, I think we’ve found out what’s happened to Riley Garcia.

Bevo, when questioned about his thoughts on the umpiring, bought up how bad calls affect young players and Garcia was mentioned. I’d hazard a guess that’s why he’s been “dropped” to get him out of the heat of the AFL to regain some confidence.
In that finals type Collingwood game he was on the end of two of the worst umpiring decisions this year. One against him, with absolutely no prior and one was one of the best tackles, on the most protected fella in the AFL which would’ve been a certain goal to Sunny. I can’t wait until he’s back in this team, I’ve already posted in the Port game thread I want him in, he’s the sort of character for finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back