What the supporters want - A message to Andrew Fagan

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a joke, and the AFL have the nerve to let Collingwood and North Melbourne run out in tops that are practically identical.

Or games like this.

swan_face.jpg

No clash there, but GWS V Adelaide? Yep, that's unacceptable. Put Adelaide in the white guernsey which actually shares a colour with GWS unlike our home one.

Or games like this.

swan_face.jpg

No clash there, but GWS V Adelaide? Yep, that's unacceptable. Put Adelaide in the white guernsey which actually shares a colour with GWS unlike our home one.

Yep, and I've probably got an unpopular view amongst most folks here.

I'd be pushing for clash jumpers for every away game unless it causes a greater clash than the home.

I'd prefer the rules that are applied to us be enforced on every club. So you don't have the farce that occurs above.

If you're from Melbourne you can basically do whatever the hell you want at the moment.

I actually think clubs like Collingwood, Essendon have effective clash uniforms, they just aren't forced to wear them enough.

Last edited:
Or games like this.

swan_face.jpg

I have no problem with Collingwood and Carlton there, they've played against each other like that for decades without issue. That however should be the rule, not the exception for the holier than thou Melbourne clubs.

GWS vs us is farcical, as you say.

My view: ALL clash strips should abide by the predominantly white rule, and all of them should never come off the hanger unless absolutely necessary.

In the photos above, if Collingwood wore white shorts and Carlton navy shorts then there would be no problem, easy to tell the teams apart at the ground and on tv and neither team would need to wear a clash guernsey.

I think half the problem with clashes could be solved if they appointed someone who isn't colour blind to decide who wears what. For example, when St Kilda play Essendon there are times that Essendon wears white shorts:

472036422-luke-dunstan-and-david-armitage-of-the-gettyimages.jpg

That's right - St Kilda who wear black, red and WHITE vs Essendon who wear black and red. What is the difference? White. Who should wear white shorts? You could only come up with Essendon if you were the dumbest person in the universe. Whoever this pea-brain is needs to be moved on and replaced by someone with at least a kindergarten level education.

Teams who have significant white in their guernseys - North, GWS, Geelong, Collingwood - should wear white shorts more often to reduce clashes. That way the precious guernsey is less of an issue.

In the photos above, if Collingwood wore white shorts and Carlton navy shorts then there would be no problem, easy to tell the teams apart at the ground and on tv and neither team would need to wear a clash guernsey.

I think half the problem with clashes could be solved if they appointed someone who isn't colour blind to decide who wears what. For example, when St Kilda play Essendon there are times that Essendon wears white shorts:

472036422-luke-dunstan-and-david-armitage-of-the-gettyimages.jpg

That's right - St Kilda who wear black, red and WHITE vs Essendon who wear black and red. What is the difference? White. Who should wear white shorts? You could only come up with Essendon if you were the dumbest person in the universe. Whoever this pea-brain is needs to be moved on and replaced by someone with at least a kindergarten level education.

Teams who have significant white in their guernseys - North, GWS, Geelong, Collingwood - should wear white shorts more often to reduce clashes. That way the precious guernsey is less of an issue.

Yep it should be the shorts.
Dark at home. White away. End of story.
I bet they don't sell too many away jumpers. Can't really be a marketing thing can it?
Norwood plays Sth Adelaide. Jumper stays the same just the shorts changed.
Well at least I remember it that way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pyke mentioned on 5aa the lockout for our intraclub wasn't at his directive.

Wtf is wrong with our promotion/membership department. Why wouldn't we open it up and promote the shit out of it. *Shakes head

Or that's just a line he's feeding the public to deflect the scent.....

The club has been trying to deflect the talk about who will replace Dangerfield, if the trial was open all the media talk would have been about who played a Dangerfield like role. The club doesn't want extra pressure put on certain injury prone players.

Fages saw me in the crowd today and came over for a chat. Legend.

Nice to know they remember some of the fans they meet!
i hope you were wearing your bleached 10 x in the washing machine jumper to really hammer the colour issue home.

Remove this Banner Ad

What the supporters want - A message to Andrew Fagan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back