Mega Thread What Shane Tuck Does

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cotchin and Martin obviously deserve a spot ahead of Tuck.

Foley is debatable.

You forgot Hislop, Grigg and Jackson. And dont tell me Jacko is playing as a tagger - he is the most ineffectual tagger in the game at the moment.
According to Hardwick its Foley Cotchin & Martin that are being played in the side ahead of Tuck.

If...and its a big if...if we are in the same position in years to come of course i'll be asking questions...would'nt everyone...?!?...

But as sure as hell i would'nt be pointing the finger at Tucky if...if...if...he's playing like he did on Saturday last...

I'd be pointing lots of fingers at the 'developing' young players...established players and the coaching staff...
No doubt we would be asking questions, the point is we would at least be able to say that we tried something different than what we had been doing to try and fix the problems, which is better than simply doing nothing and hoping that somehow things change.

Somehow we managed to fit those three and Tuck into the same team on the weekend.
Have heard that the only reason Tuck came into the side on the weekend was becaue Grigg was a late withdrawal. Had Grigg not pulled out the only changes would have been Graham & Morton.

According to Hardwick its Foley Cotchin & Martin that are being played in the side ahead of Tuck.

These comments are out of the TW book of spin.... what a load of crap. When Hardwick makes a comment like that then he goes down another notch i my book. ARE WE STUPID Mr Hardwick????

Jackson.. Grigg..Houli..edwards..Hislop.. have never played a game as good as Tucks best.

You seem to say that a lot when starting a conversation..... Moving on.

We beat Geelong in contested possessions, yet for some reason were flogged by 10 goals, earlier in the year when we were playing some reasonably good footy we were outrunning our opponents and using our speed and good ball movement winning plenty of uncontested possessions to beat our opponent.

Without going through the stat's I'd say in all of our wins we lost the contested possession count yet beat our opponents by about 100+ uncontested possessions and marks.

Read into that which ever way you like, but for me beating an opponent in uncontested possession means we worked much harder then they did to receive and break open into space when we had ball in hand, the difference between then and now is that our skill level for the past 8-10 weeks has been well below AFL standard, it's no coincidence that we were leading the AFL for Kicking Efficiency and were in the top3-5 in total points scored whilst also winning a lot of uncontested possessions.

So we can both agree that the reason we were winning earlier games was because we were winning in the kicking efficiency dept not because we were losing the contested possession count?

Another thing, uncontested footy might win you a pre season cup, it might even get you into the finals, but it will also lose you a final nearly every time. Good teams play good contested footy (and kick the ball well);)

Have heard that the only reason Tuck came into the side on the weekend was becaue Grigg was a late withdrawal. Had Grigg not pulled out the only changes would have been Graham & Morton.

makes the match committee look even more stupid

Foley is debatable.

You forgot Hislop, Grigg and Jackson. And dont tell me Jacko is playing as a tagger - he is the most ineffectual tagger in the game at the moment.

I don't even think that's a given.

If any of the top 4 were playing in Preliminary final/Grand Final and theoretically they had a choice of Cotchin, Martin or Tuck to put in their team, I reckon the debate as to who would get a game would go long into the night.

You're saying it's obvious just because they are young not necessarily because they are better.

I don't even think that's a given.

If any of the top 4 were playing in Preliminary final/Grand Final and theoretically they had a choice of Cotchin, Martin or Tuck to put in their team, I reckon the debate as to would get a game would go long into the night.

You're saying it's obvious just because they are young not necessarily because they are better.

Fair call

Deserves a spot is what it's all about..... There are too many players in our side that dont deserve a spot. WHY???? because they were gifted a spot in the side... they never had to earn it like Tuck did. We must build a side that the players have earnt a spot.... if we dont then we can look forward to another 32 years in the doldrums.

So we can both agree that the reason we were winning earlier games was because we were winning in the kicking efficiency dept not because we were losing the contested possession count?

Another thing, uncontested footy might win you a pre season cup, it might even get you into the finals, but it will also lose you a final nearly every time. Good teams play good contested footy (and kick the ball well);)

Last year we were in the top few teams for Clearances/Contested possession, where did we finish on the ladder again?

I'm now calling Tuck "the conductor".
A conductor was a reliable workman like figure that just got shit done.Effectively and with a minimum of fuss.
Some smartarse punk decided that the conductor was outdated and delisted him before time and came up with the scratchie(Thompson). The scratchie was shit.
Nevermind they said let's DEVELOP a system that's so clever and so now that we will blow them all away. Stuff the conductor he's old hat.

what happens when the new thing is so ****** shit that it puts you back a mile and the older true tried trusted thing just rots away whilst we all know it's a twenty time better thing than the new shit?
Those in charge look like ********s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't need him at the moment for anything other then depth.

What's so wrong about what I said? Did we not play good football whilst Tuck was playing in the VFL?

That's very flimsy.
Substitute Tuck for any player you like and I could ask you the same question.

So Grigg is also keeping him out?? I am confused
Not at all, but when Grigg was unable to take his spot we obviously needed another player who could be part of the midfield rotation, therefore Tuck came in. Would have thought it was pretty simple to understand.

Not at all, but when Grigg was unable to take his spot we obviously needed another player who could be part of the midfield rotation, therefore Tuck came in. Would have thought it was pretty simple to understand.

Ahhh Tucky your good enough to play for the RFC when it decides it wants you....and only then...

Bet the other players feel comfortable with that decision knowing talent has nothing to do with their selection...

Talk about a good wicket...money for jam really...and the sucker supporters will pay up...

Ahhh Tucky your good enough to play for the RFC when it decides it wants you....and only then...

Bet the other players feel comfortable with that decision knowing talent has nothing to do with their selection...

Talk about a good wicket...money for jam really...and the sucker supporters will pay up...

The sought of situation can act like a cancer at a club.

What's so wrong about what I said? Did we not play good football whilst Tuck was playing in the VFL?

We have beaten 1 side, Brisbane, while Tuck was playing in the VFL. And I would argue pretty strongly that beating Brisbane the way we did does not equate to playing good football.

He was out injured for the Freo win.

And I would have thought it was pretty easy to understand that if Tuck came in for Grigg, it would be a fair indicator that Grigg was one of the players keeping him out in the first place.

If Hardwick told you that Santa was real I get the feeling that you would stop buying your kids xmas presents. Wake up!

And I would have thought it was pretty easy to understand that if Tuck came in for Grigg, it would be a fair indicator that Grigg was one of the players keeping him out in the first place.

That's what I assumed. Tuck was out for Grigg (that's the excuse the MC must be using). Grigg has only played one decent game (St Kilda), and in that game he missed a set shot from 35 meters out in the final minutes.

Based on form, Tuck should see out the season in the seniors, and Grigg should have to earn his spot in the side exactly as Tuck has had to do.

If Hardwick told you that Santa was real I get the feeling that you would stop buying your kids xmas presents. Wake up!
Interesting that when Hardwick talks up that we beat the Cats its taken as gospel, but when he says that its Cotchin, Martin and Foley that have effectively kept Tuck out of the side it's rubbish.

Christ you speak rubbish. Did you get your email from Dimma today. His one positive from yesterday was the fact that we were able to beat Geelong in contested possessions and clearances. Are you suggesting it is a team directive to lose these statistics??

Anything that disagrees with your view of the world is wrong, youre starting to sound like Julia gillard..........

Got no problem with posters voicing their opinions, even if they are different to mine. Just don't see the need for petty name calling to try and get a point across.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back