Moved Thread What I hate about BigFooty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think that certain threads on team boards should be exclusively for those who support that team.

Essentially, I think there should be threads that are completely private that other bigfooty members cannot even access. This will allow more open discussion between supporters. This will also prevent trolling, and lower the amount of cards irresponsible posters get for involving themselves in discussions where they are not welcome.

When on my team board I may often say things that supporters from opposing teams find offensive. Furthermore, less educated idealistic posters will say things that people from other teams will most certainly find offensive. It would be better that these posts are only able to be viewed by the supporters of that team.

Also I think this should happen as certain team boards get targeted. NMFC and Carlton are examples of this. I think this may be the reason why people are complaining about their mods.

One final reason is this will cause those who do not show who their team is on their profile to do so, or not be able to access discussions concerning their own team.

Im suggesting this because it seems like it could solve alot of the grievances people have about bigfooty.

Another vote for the search function here.

The 4 letter limit is so ****ing annoying. I go to search for NAB Cup but "NAB" and "cup" are too short. Is there a way of fixing it so you can search any word?

Not a problem with BigFooty specifically, but boy, has the education system failed many on here. Sure, the occasional slip-up in punctuation or spelling is fine, but you really have to wonder when 20 year olds still can't tell the difference between "their/there/they're", or "use should/could/would of instead of should/could/would have", or "allot" (used regularly by a 40 year old mod from WA - who also wouldn't know how to use an apostrophy if it bit him on the arse).

Certified morons use the words "enuff" and "allot".

:mad::thumbsdown:
Dear DockerLand1,

You have received an infraction at BigFooty.

Reason: Minor Infraction
-------
Please do not troll club boards.

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10248661
Quote:
Hypocrisy is the act of condemning another person for an act of which the critic is guilty.

A-Collingwood supporters accusing Carlton of not supplying facilities that are up to standard even though it is a practice match.

B-Collingwood when they were at Victoria Park providing facilities that were worse than 3rd world conditions during actual AFL matches.

A+B = Hypocrisy.

Just so that you also know you last won a flag in 1990. Fremantle came into the competition in 1995.

Since 1991 Collingwood 0 Premierships.
Since 1995 Fremantle 0 Premierships.

Fremantle are definately looking forward to breaking our Duck but you have to have a long memory to remember your last flag.

By the way, people who cast aspersions on other peoples sexuality are usually concerned about their own.

By the way, doesnt Collingwood have the PINK ARMY??? A special group for our homosexual friends? Why, yes they do!!!

Happy to lend you a Purple Fremantle top for when we play in Round 1 .

See you then!
All the best,
BigFooty

JabsoView Public ProfileSend a private message to JabsoSend email to JabsoFind More Posts by JabsoAdd Jabso to Your Buddy List

Delete this Message
Delete MessageTo delete this message, check the appropriate option below and then click the 'Delete this Message' button.Delete this Message​

I got an infraction for saying "******ed" even though it is a genuine word that can be used to describe things.

Can I just say in my capacity as Limbo Club fun-spoiler that anyone using "******ed" in a pejorative sense on the Limbo Club board will be infracted soundly.

As you were.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also hate it how people get articles from the Age or Herald Sun Websites and they post a whole page's worth of article and start a thread with it, they're soo F8cking Pointless.

When ever I see someone add an article to a thread I loose a bit of my pride with the Big Footy Website....

Mods who abuse their position to infract posters who disagree with their opinions . (see the cricket board)

Mods who beg for the position and when granted, use the power like little Hitlers . (see the SRP board)

Agreed! I see I am not the only one that felt their wraith.

I hate people who jump on someones back and abuse them for starting a thread about something they think has already been discussed enough. For instance the thread right now a Hawks supporter started about how good Buddy is going to be. FFS nobody is forcing you to read it, not to mention respond to it. Its not like that thread is taking up taxpayers money or preventing anything else happening so if you dont care or dont want to talk about it then go read something else

Typing out a long post and then pressing enter and losing it all because by the time you've written it all out the system has logged you out :mad:

So then you type it up on Word but when you go to copy and paste the formatting is all crap and you have to spend a couple of minutes fixing it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back