What do you want out of season 24?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wanted to leave this here now, before our next loss and everyone jumps back into this thread... Did anyone else notice how after our win over the Bulldogs, Fages mentioned we took a fair few sore blokes into the Hawthorn game and the "bye came at a good time for us"?

I found this a bit concerning myself. I mean, that was the last of a 9 game stretch since our last bye, and we had "a lot of sore blokes".

Do we really reckon we're gonna be going better than that by the end of this 12 game stretch we're in now?
Perhaps we’ve got to get better at managing guys then, particularly our key players and giving them games off here and there to avoid this scenario?

Just wanted to leave this here now, before our next loss and everyone jumps back into this thread... Did anyone else notice how after our win over the Bulldogs, Fages mentioned we took a fair few sore blokes into the Hawthorn game and the "bye came at a good time for us"?

I found this a bit concerning myself. I mean, that was the last of a 9 game stretch since our last bye, and we had "a lot of sore blokes".

Do we really reckon we're gonna be going better than that by the end of this 12 game stretch we're in now?

I think you're reading too much into it my friend. All teams have weeks where they've got many of their best 22 playing sorer than usual. If anything, it's an argument to rotate players more.

Perhaps we’ve got to get better at managing guys then, particularly our key players and giving them games off here and there to avoid this scenario?

If anything, it's an argument to rotate players more.

Holy cr@p 🤯

I don't care about what happens this arvo any more... McIvor and Nunez agreeing on something has made my day.

3 votes: you guys.

Holy cr@p 🤯

I don't care about what happens this arvo any more... McIvor and Nunez agreeing on something has made my day.

3 votes: you guys.

I TAKE IT BACK

Just looking at the next fortnight alone.

Lions should beat Rich and Haw

The teams above you will pretty much be underdogs in all their next 2 games.

I reckon by your bye you will be just outside the 8 by a game and/or %

Still in it

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Couple weeks late but you're in the 8ski

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

im still firmly in the camp of we cant win the flag, but ive been very pleased to see the emergence of lohmann, morris and to a lesser extent reville and sharp. if ashcroft, wilmot and fletcher can keep building alongside them we have a really nice group of youngsters coming through that should put us in good stead for a while yet.

if we can make finals, cause some upsets here and there and see continued development from our young guns id consider it a successful year from this point.

FWIW I just did another ladder predictor, had us losing 1 game v Pies away on the run home, if we were to lose 2 games I still have us finishing 4th ahead of the Dockers on percentage.

Magpies have a very tough run home(Lions/Blues/Swans/Hawks/Bombers among them), would only have to win 2 more games than I predicted for them to finish 4th though.

1- Swans
2- Blues
3- Lions
4- Bombers

5- Dockers
6- Bulldogs
7- Giants
8- Magpies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW I just did another ladder predictor, had us losing 1 game v Pies away on the run home, if we were to lose 2 games I still have us finishing 4th ahead of the Dockers on percentage.

Magpies have a very tough run home(Lions/Blues/Swans/Hawks/Bombers among them), would only have to win 2 more games than I predicted for them to finish 4th though.

1- Swans
2- Blues
3- Lions
4- Bombers

5- Dockers
6- Bulldogs
7- Giants
8- Magpies

I did the predictor myself and I did not rate the bombers at all:

1719141131791.png

1- Swans
2- Blues
3- Lions
4- Bombers

5- Dockers
6- Bulldogs
7- Giants
8- Magpies
I had us finishing 3rd behind the swans and the blues as well. I think i afforded 2 losses. Still a long way to go, but we’ve got a superior percentage to both Freo and Essendon, and both of them also had a draw, so it counts.

I had us finishing 3rd behind the swans and the blues as well. I think i afforded 2 losses. Still a long way to go, but we’ve got a superior percentage to both Freo and Essendon, and both of them also had a draw, so it counts.
I'll be elated if we finish Top 4.

But just in the back of my mind is 2001 and there's a rough hope we keep stringing wins together if we actually are the real deal .

I’ve got a feeling we are doing a 2001 all over again. Except instead of Essendon, it’s Sydney.

I reckon every single club right now is looking at their schedule and putting us down as a loss. We look like we are hitting form at the right time and in such a close comp, our FA is like an extra win.

We have the fourth best defense and attack and this has improved significantly in the last few weeks. Basically, we are in the window with Sydney.

I think we need to win 2 of the Sydney, Suns, Giants, Collingwood and Essendon games and win the rest to make the 8, 3 to finish 5th, 4-5 to make the top 4

5th almost preferred to 4th to avoid playing Sydney before the GF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back