Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

The Bulldogs would like to go it alone, however the AFL have hinted that if they want to go it alone they will loose their CBF money ($1.5 million p.a) and the club just can't afford to loose that cash and will allign with Williamstown. Also Werribee have approached the Kangaroos so I doubt any of the top WRFL clubs will loose their best players to VFL, other than the usual 3-4 young guns who get a trail at VFL level each year.

Werribee & Kangaroos could be on the cards. Some good connections there with the big grey headed fella who use to coach Werribee and is now footy manager at the Kangaroos.

the moment teams such as North Melbourne, Melbourne & Footscray can afford it i reckon we'll see a return of the AFL reserves..
then we can have the good old curtain raisers..
and association can be what it usedto be.

I agree that bagging Frosty for the dropped mark last year was pretty average. Neither him or Dutchy were to blame for either side losing the big one. To isolate 1 incident is quite silly but its the easy thing to do. Unfortunately both incidents will be remembered but neither should be blamed for the loss. Both Hoppers last year and Port this year had plenty of opportunities to win it, but they didnt take them. Im tipping that this is just somebody throwing a bit of sh#t back after the comments last year.
Frosty did cop a lot of shiit last year for dropping that chest mark which was probably a bit unfair but you should realize hoppers in 06 were a very arrogant side even their president before the game was talking on radio about how easy they were going to win. One might say that this was just being confident but i think they didnt respect the colts like they should have.
All colts players who have got on here after the grand final have congratulated spotty thats respect

Saw Callum Urch got delisted yesterday how much will spotty offer him to play with them next year he must be worth double molan. He should have a few good VFL years in him but for two grand a game i am sure he would think about it

Saw Callum Urch got delisted yesterday how much will spotty offer him to play with them next year he must be worth double molan. He should have a few good VFL years in him but for two grand a game i am sure he would think about it

I am sure Spotty will talk to Callum along with a lot of other clubs. Callum still has a lot of mates at Spotty which may help, sometimes the $ isnt the deciding factor.

Callum wont play at Spotty, very sure of that. Have heard from a few people he will never go back there.

Callum wont play at Spotty, very sure of that. Have heard from a few people he will never go back there.

Not true, Callum loves spotty which is why he still watches games when he is not playing, i don't think he is ready to come back to local footy yet, has too much talent, most likely going to SA or WA.

Not true, Callum loves spotty which is why he still watches games when he is not playing, i don't think he is ready to come back to local footy yet, has too much talent, most likely going to SA or WA.

Urch has been lucky he wasn't cut the last few years. Good player, but didn't rate him at AFL level. It's unfortunate he couldn't get his body right to see his true potential, but this year he was even struggling in the VFL. I heard the only reason he wasn't cut earlier was cause Laidley had a soft spot for him, wonder what he was doing right down there??? :eek:

Not sure where he will end up but he is very good mates with some of the colts boys and if he decides to play metro footy it will be with the colts no doubt about it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure where he will end up but he is very good mates with some of the colts boys and if he decides to play metro footy it will be with the colts no doubt about it!
There is no chance of Urch playing at colts all of his childhood mates play at spotty. He will most likely play interstate or VFL if he went metro which he won't spotty would be his first option!!

There is no chance of Urch playing at colts all of his childhood mates play at spotty. He will most likely play interstate or VFL if he went metro which he won't spotty would be his first option!!

Trust me buddy he is always with colts boys and he has said to them if he plays local footy it will be with colts,for his sake i hope he gets another chance in the afl or he plays in a state league some where,to good to come back to park footy just yet.

Trust me buddy he is always with colts boys and he has said to them if he plays local footy it will be with colts,for his sake i hope he gets another chance in the afl or he plays in a state league some where,to good to come back to park footy just yet.

Here is a statement for a bit of discussion seeing its quiet on here.

This is not directed at Urchie as I agree with the above.

A club could argue that it invests time & effort into its junior program & therefor any player that plays at a higher level, TAC, VFL, AFL as a result should still require a clearance from its junior club when he eventually comes back to metro footy.

Fors/againsts?

Here is a statement for a bit of discussion seeing its quiet on here.

This is not directed at Urchie as I agree with the above.

A club could argue that it invests time & effort into its junior program & therefor any player that plays at a higher level, TAC, VFL, AFL as a result should still require a clearance from its junior club when he eventually comes back to metro footy.

Fors/againsts?

I think if the a player like Urhie who has been away from his junior club as long as he has he should be able to play whereever he wants. He hardly played 18's at spotty cause of jets and he has been at the Kangas for 5 years. Should be his choice.

Rock you bring up an interesting debate Urhie i know has friends from both clubs and it can be argued to the cows come home. But neither team will be seeing him in the near future!!

I think if the a player like Urhie who has been away from his junior club as long as he has he should be able to play whereever he wants. He hardly played 18's at spotty cause of jets and he has been at the Kangas for 5 years. Should be his choice.

Rock you bring up an interesting debate Urhie i know has friends from both clubs and it can be argued to the cows come home. But neither team will be seeing him in the near future!!

AGREE

Urchy top bloke and can tell you he will not go to Spotty, if he watches Spotty play, its against the Colts so you work it out.

We would love him down there but as a friend and many would agree we dont wont to see him running around the WRFL just yet, youd rather him playing a much higher standard like Rock07 said

Percy Urch had every right to be on that list and unless you know what goes on your best to keep those sh it comments to yourself. Injury has cost the bloke and thats all there is too it, which all would agree is sad he went pick 25 in the draft so he was rated.

It looks as though the Bonnett/Judd relationship wasn't as strong as I thought, with Judd now preferring Carlton rather than the Colts.

It's probaly only a coincidence but I spotted one half of the co-coaches having a bite to eat with the a former Parkside captain yesterday.

Over heard the nuggety centreman saying that he was keen to drop 10 kg's and try he's luck at a new home next year?

Could the the disapiontment of loosing Judd be compensated by picking up Zavalas?

Urchy top bloke and can tell you he will not go to Spotty, if he watches Spotty play, its against the Colts so you work it out.

We would love him down there but as a friend and many would agree we dont wont to see him running around the WRFL just yet, youd rather him playing a much higher standard like Rock07 said

Percy Urch had every right to be on that list and unless you know what goes on your best to keep those sh it comments to yourself. Injury has cost the bloke and thats all there is too it, which all would agree is sad he went pick 25 in the draft so he was rated.

Hey i agreed with you when it came to never getting his body right, but it is my personal opinion that i didn't rate him that much as an AFL player. Maybe it's cause we never saw him hit his peak, but from what i saw not overly impressed. However in saying that it's not like i don't regard him as an elite player (obviously getting to AFL is a lot higher then i've taken myself), but at AFL just don't don't think he had that edge. In saying that it is a shame to loose a local lad representing the western suburbs footy, im sure he's got a lot of good footy years ahead of him in the SANFL or VFL.

It looks as though the Bonnett/Judd relationship wasn't as strong as I thought, with Judd now preferring Carlton rather than the Colts.

It's probaly only a coincidence but I spotted one half of the co-coaches having a bite to eat with the a former Parkside captain yesterday.

Over heard the nuggety centreman saying that he was keen to drop 10 kg's and try he's luck at a new home next year?

Could the the disapiontment of loosing Judd be compensated by picking up Zavalas?

can hardly blame a gun for not wanting to play division two...
but i think we all know where his heart still lies.

he just about carried us over the line.

can hardly blame a gun for not wanting to play division two...
but i think we all know where his heart still lies.

he just about carried us over the line.
do you know of any other parkside boys staying or going, have heard that dorewood and juegan maybee goin to hoppers and ali taleb retiring

well i think its fair to say that there are alot at parkside who are short-term players..

not sure about JD, heard he may be going to play in another league. but as i said, just a rumour.

For Nath Juegan i think most around the club know its abit of a heart-breaking decision for him to make. anyone who was present at the parkside knows he bleeds and breathes the black and whte..

but as i said, these blokes are very good division one players, just cant see them running around in division two.

as far as i have heard Ali may retire, but most would agree hes got plenty in the tank for one more year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back