Western Bulldogs v North Melbourne - The UnOfficial game discussion thread (Mk II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Unbelievable !!..Not the week to give up smoking tho...

Great team performance..
Hope Harding cuts some slack from BF posters now..he was excellent .

good to see some of the kids put in today.thought Thomas,Campbell,Riggio and especially Lower did some nice things

the only downer for me was Watts game as he gifted a couple of goals when we were coming back at them and I thought Pratt was very average until the last 1/4
Still cant see any changes apart from Wells for the next game

What a great win,thought we controlled the game after the 1st 15 minute onslaught at the start of the game.We kept them in it with some average decison making by our players and the umpires.

When was the last time we had such a win with boomer down and no wells when the game was there to be won.

AS the OP said thats why we love this club as wins like that are bred into our boys.

Can't believe we won - Johnno would kick that nearly all the time. Mark Fine (SEN) is on the radio right now and asking the good questions about:

1. The umpire shepherding in the 1st Q
2. Aker getting a goal when Petrie's arms were chopped
3. Why the umpire didn't pay a mark in the 4th Q, allowing the Bulldogs to play on and bring the ball inside 50 in the last 20 secs

Finey even stood up for Watt. The man has a North membership, and is the best commentator around by far.

The adrenaline has slowly subsided and is being replaced by sweet victory endorphins. Toughest game ever to award votes. Rawlings an outstanding game and has had a ripping season. Lots of contributors but Hamish had the most influential game he's had this season. Simmo is now our official last quarter hero.

Thought we had stuffed up our chances earlier in the game with poor shooting for goal but thought we would fight this one out due to it being Boomers 250th. Skills still let us down in stages but felt almost the whole game physically we were bigger and stronger and could win. Smashed the record into the ground when Johnno marked but this turned to jubilation when he missed was hugging some bloke and his wife after he missed though:D.
Tonight luck was on our side , but lets all sit back and enjoy it for a couple of days.
Long Live North Melbourne

Oh. My. God.

First off, can I just say FFFFFUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIINNNNNNN' YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Being at that game is like nothing I've ever experienced.. dead set.
Boomer Harvey is a set-in-stone superstar of the game - concussed in the first quarter, nearly had his head clean knocked off, comes back on and swings the game for us.
Matt Riggio is all class, watched him closely tonight and my god he's going to be a good player for us.

Sitting with about 7 Doggies supporters on Level 3, we decided this was not good enough, start of the last we moved down to Level 1 on the wing, got some seats and watched the rest of the game from there, was sitting directly behind the kick from Johnson to win the game - we could not hear the siren when he took that mark.
Slotted it calmly to the right of the goals - thank you Brad Johnson.
Who writes Boomer's scripts?

Hamish McIntosh - sensational.
Leigh Harding - magnificent.

Brady Rawlings was tagging Ryan Griffen, I think, and Griffen had nowhere near his usual influence on the game. Cooney was their best player by far, but OH MY ____ING GOD IT FEELS SO RIGHT AND SO DAMN GOOD!

Just watched the highlights and now I really can't believe Johnston missed that kick. Amazing.

The crowd noise for our goals and that finish was fantastic, gives you shivers.

Johnson*
But yeah. Oh. God, that's the best game of football I've ever been to.
Except maybe the semi-final last year..
Or the local seniors grand final down at Chirnside Park last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The game was brilliant, what a win!!! Just on here. It was live. i watched the whole thing & i still cant get my heart to slow down.
timmy

I'd say your missing some words there Timmy. Let me fix it for you^^^ :D

How's that salamander? :)

Congratulations on being the team to finally knock us off this year. You've had the wood on us for a while, hopefully we can get one back on you next time.

Good luck for this week against Brisbane, should be a ripper.

Saw this on youtube and i reckon its how i reacted when Johnno too that mark , the first bit of the video anyway, except it was with my record and not cash :eek:[YOUTUBE]jqtMQYgx-PA[/YOUTUBE]

And heres the reaction of the players after the kick [
0,,6057893,00.jpg
I am not in the photo but there was hugging of strangers and alot of love after the miss in the crowd too

And heres the reaction of the players after the kick [
0,,6057893,00.jpg
I am not in the photo but there was hugging of strangers and alot of love after the miss in the crowd too

That is an absolute cracker of a photo. Love to see that sort of passion.

I love Blackers. One of the most naturally funny men I have ever met.

Yeah i have watched this and a 2 minute blooper on youtube of John Blackman for the car ads. I dont think i have laughed so hard in my life the longer version has a bit more colourful language but check under John Blackman it is extremely funny if u like that type of humour

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Bulldogs v North Melbourne - The UnOfficial game discussion thread (Mk II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back