Preview West Coast vs Brisbane - Round 19 match thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yup. 100% agree.

My eyes are bleeding reading this thread as I cannot see the game. Phew!:thumbsu:

Sounds like things are going pretty normal then?

You should be so lucky.

Same shit different week really.

Starts with the coach and his yes men flushing half their brain down the funny in selections, coaching, bringing on the young players, and then the players not giving a rat shit on the park.

Insipid

IF Woosh cant get them up for the third quarter, one has to ask whether there is any point in him continuing.

He isnt a great tactician, he is a so-so talent developer and his real strength has always been leadership and an ability to get full committment from players. If his strength is gone, there is no point ...

Big half coming up for Woosh ...

The game plan seems to be.
"Make sure you handpass it to the person who is surrounded by the most Brisbane players at the worst possible time".
We have no spread, no run, no breaking of the lines. It is ridiculous. We just love putting out team mates under stupid pressure. It's so stupid! I get taking the game on but please dont just bomb it into the 50 and hope LeCras can beat the 3 players they have on him every time. Kennedy works hard and gets into position but maybe he F@#$&d one of the midfielder's sisters or something, so they won't give it to him. I dunno it's all too depressing.

IF Woosh cant get them up for the third quarter, one has to ask whether there is any point in him continuing.

He isnt a great tactician, he is a so-so talent developer and his real strength has always been leadership and an ability to get full commitment from players. If his strength is gone, there is no point ...

Big half coming up for Woosh ...
Remember I cant see the game, but posters are saying that the team lacks intensity?
Hardness and intensity has been down, well down on what you would expect an AFL team of professional footy players to dish up.
This maybe the last time I get to tip WC for a reasonable chance at winning.
If Brisbane rodger us tonight where to for the coach? I know hes contracted but surely even the board can see what is unfolding on field and must be sick in the guts because of it.:confused:

Surely?

Piss poor effort in that term apart from Scott Selwood, Koby Stevens, Brett Jones to name a few. Well at least they are not teasing us for three quarters then letting it away at least we can plan to alter our evening a bit earlier.

The game plan seems to be.
"Make sure you handpass it to the person who is surrounded by the most Brisbane players at the worst possible time".
We have no spread, no run, no breaking of the lines. It is ridiculous. We just love putting out team mates under stupid pressure. It's so stupid! I get taking the game on but please dont just bomb it into the 50 and hope LeCras can beat the 3 players they have on him every time. Kennedy works hard and gets into position but maybe he F@#$&d one of the midfielder's sisters or something, so they won't give it to him. I dunno it's all too depressing.
In fairness to the midfield and forwards, we have been doing that regularly for the last 3 years.:thumbsu:

I do not understand how we won any games this year.

How the ****ing hell did we beat Hawthorn!

We had more experienced players in then. You've got 15 with less than 50 games, it's going to be common that some panic sets in. Just look forward to pick 4 and the Shue!:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worsfolds press conference:

Our players will take a lot out of that, we'll regroup.

Reporter: why does your team have the worst skills in the league?

I couldn't comment on that, I'll have to review the game on tape to form an opinion.

None of our past greats can say that they are sure Worsfold will coach next year, Langdon, Wilson, Jako have all said it could hinge on what happens in the next 4 games.

If that is the case then it doesnt look good.

Why do the forwards lead towards a midfielder coming towards them when [a] they are only 20-30 metres away
they have 2-3 defenders on them
Why not take a leaf out of Koby Stevens book and lead back.Midfielders should know this as a set play.
Again a midfielder looks up sees a 2 or 3 on 1 and bombs it.Why not stop prop and look for a 20m short kick sideways to retain possession and set up.Our forward line looks completely devoid of inspiration.Worsfolds master plan of play on at all costs should include the proviso "look before you leap".Players running with the ball automatically handball to somebody [anybody] running the other way.The trouble is the guy they give it to is running back into trouble.Boys; if youve got the pill and your running the right way with a clear line of vision dont be scared to take responsibility for delivery.Defenders if you fly in a pack 5ms out for fs sake punch it through.How many goals have we had scored against us this season by spillages caused by our defence.We make a miriad of mistakes which u/10s take for granted.Worsfold its great youve got a master plan but how about we learn the basics of marking kicking sherpherding etc first.Walk before you try to run.

At least Koby got a game, though he should've been in the side to begin with

Worsfold needs to man the **** up and resign on Monday. Injuries and youth are no excuse for this

Someone needs to put a bullet in the 'New Breed'

Sumich's forward strategy consists of a whiteboard with a bunch of red arrows pointing at LECRAS about 20 out from goal

I've seen under 13 sides with a more organised forward line

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview West Coast vs Brisbane - Round 19 match thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back