West Coast Conspiracy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting - does anyone have this for home/away games?

These are West Coast stats for the first ten rounds and are all available on the Afltables website.

Home games:

Free kicks for - 138.
Free kicks against - 76

Away games:

Free kicks for: -103
Free kicks against: -79

Combined totals for first 10 Rounds:

For: 241
Against: 155

Pretty obvious there is some serious issues for the AFL to address with the umpiring schedule at Perth and insisting on two local boys calling the shots on field is having some real impact on how the game is being officiated.

These are West Coast stats for the first ten rounds and are all available on the Afltables website.

Home games:

Free kicks for - 138.
Free kicks against - 76

Away games:

Free kicks for: -103
Free kicks against: -79

Combined totals for first 10 Rounds:

For: 241
Against: 155

This is all correct, West Coast are playing against a lot of undisciplined rabble.

Surely the AFL have an agenda to gift the eagles a premiership. The umpiring in their games at home or away is beyond belief and i can no longer endure watching them play. The amount of frees leading to set shots on goal is appalling.

Their draw is also very sus. They only play 2 top 8 teams from last year twice. Of the remaining sides from the top 8 in 2011, they play Sydney, Geelong, St kilda and Carlton all at home. The Blues game comes off an eagle's bye, after the blues have had 3 weeks of consecutive 6 day breaks. The Geelong game is played at home the third week in a row for the eagles and the hawks game saw hawthorn play the grand finalists from the previous year in the 2 games leading into it. The eagles also have a handy 9 day break (since when has WA had Thursday night footy?) leading into the away clash with collingwood.

Is it just me, or do others think the AFL wants an eagles premiership?
I don,t know about conspiracy theory , but there is absolutely no doubt about the free kick issue , the umps won the game yesterday, two weird frees in front of goal 1st quarter then last quarter. I actually stopped watching after the 1st quarter and when I came back last quarter same deal. I think Carlton were actually getting on top but in comes the ump.

I don,t know about conspiracy theory , but there is absolutely no doubt about the free kick issue , the umps won the game yesterday, two weird frees in front of goal 1st quarter then last quarter. I actually stopped watching after the 1st quarter and when I came back last quarter same deal. I think Carlton were actually getting on top but in comes the ump.

You're commenting on free kicks in the entire game after watching 1 and a half quarters?

Can someone please share with the group with Video the 23 free kicks the Eagles got last night and please tell me which ones you believe are not free kicks??
That should clarify things and then all this hot air and sooking can be put to rest.
This has been asked by Eagles supporters almost every week and noone ever seems to post any of these! It's good to be kicking ass again.

Home games:

Free kicks for - 138.
Free kicks against - 76

Thats a ratio of 1.81, that's pretty insane. Not too far off the 2 to 1 people were saying you get.

I have mates who are WCE supporters and ive been telling them for years that when u play WCE at subi the umpiring is a joke, So im used to it now when watching subi games but im glad people are starting to notice this as well.

This is all correct, West Coast are playing against a lot of undisciplined rabble.
Don,t bring out the first to the ball crap either the first umpires goal came from a carlton bloke grabbing the ball trying to get up only to be scragged to the ground by three eagles jumping on top of him. Forget the bias which I confess to , but I saw several instances where I called to myself when I was watching which wasn,t long , where frees were uncalled against eagles to carlton. It has to be a bit of a worry to Eagles people as well because sooner or later the well dries up because its not just me on here its others around the country. Whether its coincedence or bad luck or whatever, Eags it,s happening.
Don,t be fooled by my comments I know you have a brilliant football side but the free kick thing is getting very muddy.

Don,t bring out the first to the ball crap either the first umpires goal came from a carlton bloke grabbing the ball trying to get up only to be scragged to the ground by three eagles jumping on top of him. Forget the bias which I confess to , but I saw several instances where I called to myself when I was watching which wasn,t long , where frees were uncalled against eagles to carlton. It has to be a bit of a worry to Eagles people as well because sooner or later the well dries up because its not just me on here its others around the country. Whether its coincedence or bad luck or whatever, Eags it,s happening.
Don,t be fooled by my comments I know you have a brilliant football side but the free kick thing is getting very muddy.
Ok, against your team I'll bring up the fact that you gave away a heap of stupid frees (see Buddy Franklin) link me a clip to a couple that weren't there I would love to see them.
I know it's hard when your team is going much worse than you thought they would, but sooner or later that well dries up.

You seem to have this complete inability to distinguish between the different functions of a comma and an apostrophe.

Thats a ratio of 1.81, that's pretty insane. Not too far off the 2 to 1 people were saying you get.

No doubt.

The question is, what sort of effect does this bias have on an oppositions pscyhe and does it eventually contribute to the result?

Logically you would have to surmise there is some sort of correlation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umpiring is terrible in every game.
If we weren't doing so well, some other team would be in the media headlights, like Joel Selwood the last few years. If Geelong hadn't slipped a little (still a great team) they would be getting the flak still, and noone would notice the evil eagles.
This happens every year whenever a team tastes success. Everyone who loses to them gets upset and stops listening to common sense. And for some reason noone here seems to remember it.

This is ridiculous. Suggesting that a conspiracy exists is utter madness. The umpiring has been deplorable this season in many games and really they're the ones that blow the whistle.

What I'd like to query is this:

People suggest that home teams get an armchair ride but Freo don't seem to get the same armchair ride that the Eagles are alleged to get. Why would that be the case?

I expect Plugger to counter with his whinging about how Freo got looked after against the Saints but yet the free kick count was 12-12 that night. The Saints lost that game cause they kicked shit, not because of the umpiring.

At the end of the day, the umpires blow the whistle and it's not the Eagles' fault that they're more often than not, shithouse.

No conspiracy here at all so let's all move on.
How in the name of Ralph Nader do you end up supporting Fremantle and the Melbourne Vixens?

free kick count was 23-21. yep a conspiracy theories. it just shows that haters just want to hate, distort facts because at teh end of the day they are afraid. our history is littered with being abused by VFL and AFL (how about 6 away games in a row where our players sometimes didnt come back to perth before next game). or how about in our first year, we played all top 5 teams twice. or when we had to play in melbourne against essendon purely due to mcc and afl agreement even though it should have been our home game.

whinge whinge whinge. if there is a conspiracry, afl kinda owes us one.
Its where they get paid. If you watch footy regularly you will see unless you take no notice, that umpires appear very reluctant to pay frees in front of goals unless they are totally blatant.
Well not last night. Also if the free count was carlton 100 frees and eagles two frees I bet I can guess where they,d be .

W
Carlton choose to spend their Visy money which doesn't count towards the cap on players and failed first round picks, we choose to spend our stash on the umpires. Don't hate us just because we have a better system than you.
Who is your go between man, we from Hawthorn can meet him, we will pay him with small notes in a brown paper bag. How long before he gets the dough to the umps .
We can meet him on that bench in the park , the one that Forrest Gump was using telling his story.
Tell no one .

May I ask a reasonable question? I assume not because this is the Main Board, but I'll give it a shot. Seeing as the umpires are influenced by our loud crowd always booing their frees/non calls, at what point of the game does this take effect.

I know for a fact that no crowd has ever, en masse, booed the umpires as they walk on the field, so there can't be an existing feeling of pressure for the umpires. How long in to the game does the crowd factor take to become relevant, and what of all the free kicks before that point. What of the frees before the point where the umpires have been booed so much they just can't take it and decide to gift the game to West Coast?

Its where they get paid. If you watch footy regularly you will see unless you take no notice, that umpires appear very reluctant to pay frees in front of goals unless they are totally blatant.
Well not last night. Also if the free count was carlton 100 frees and eagles two frees I bet I can guess where they,d be .

So the free kick count essentially doesn't matter? It's where the free kicks are paid?

Also, weren't you listed as a WCE supporter previously (or am I getting confused with someone else)?

List of teams West Coast has played at home:

Melbourne
Hawthorn (7 frees from Buddy alone)
North Melbourne
St Kilda
Fremantle

I mean is it making more sense now?

Nope? What are you getting at. As far as I can see there are 2 teams under the average there, 2 teams over the average and 1 on the average. And all 5 of them have been way below their averages in their game against West Coast. Melbourne for example is averaging 0.89, in the game against West Coast they got 0.46. Hawthorn? Season average is 0.91 so far, against West Coast? 0.69. North Melbourne? 1.00. Against West Coast? 0.51, almost half that.

I mean this isn't a case of people ganging up on poor old West Coast no matter how victimised you choose to feel. The numbers clearly support what people are seeing, that West Coast are getting far more favourable decisions on their home ground than any other side in the AFL.

The thing is that I was at the game last night and I did say to my mate i was there with in the first quarter we are getting a great run with the umpires so far. Then in the second quarter i thought Carlton were getting the run with the umps.
Went home and watched it and 99% of the free kicks paid to both sides are free kicks.

So what is the issue?

Is it

A) The Eagles are getting free kicks they shouldn't?
B) The opposition are not getting the free kicks the Eagles get?

As an opposition supporter what is the real beef here? Forget the free kick counts because if they are free kicks what do you want done? Are you saying the free kicks are not even there? Is it just that the Eagles are getting more than the opposition? If it was even every week would the Eagles free kicks be legit free kicks then?

What is the main issue here??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back