West Coast > Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I bet you repeated this to yourself over and over while weeping after the semi final loss. :eek:

Hahahaha. These are the facts. Actually, I was writing the exact same thing prior to the game and acknowledged if the Blues had pulled it off, it would have been a big win. I'm glad our last match for the year was under these conditions rather than just clearly not being good enough, and by some margin, at our best.

Hahahaha. These are the facts. Actually, I was writing the exact same thing prior to the game and acknowledged if the Blues had pulled it off, it would have been a big win. I'm glad our last match for the year was under these conditions rather than just clearly not being good enough, and by some margin, at our best.

We all have our coping mechanisms.

We all have our coping mechanisms.

And this is the mechanism of choice up there in the West ...........

cocaine_line.jpg

Regards 2011 OP speaks the truth; cannot be denied.

Regards recent history; pointless argument really as Cokers could start their 'recent history' from 06 and include a premiership or Blues supporters could start from 07 when Judd came to town and we've since won 4 games vs 3 and finished 15th, 11th, 7th, 8th and 5th vs 5th, 15th, 11th, 16th and 4th.

Regards 2012 OP has no idea so on balance:

1 actual fact, 1 pointless argument and 1 no idea equals:

Thread spluttering along on a couple of cylinders.:thumbsu:

Shuey, runner up in the rising star award, Masten played some good footy by the end of the year and Hurn is a big part of the leadership group.

You take the Rising Star award seriously?

Rhys Palmer won it - obviously we don't take the Rising Star award seriously ;)

Btw - Masten doing Movember this year?

ehGcs.jpg

So why you going for the excuses this time?

What excuses? I'm just telling you the facts. WCE were pretty much full strength. Carlton were far from it. WCE played with home advantage. Judd was unprecedentedly quiet. WCE scrapped over the line by 3pts.

Why am I stating these facts? Because these they're so humorously incongruent with the OP's fantasy future. I thought a dose of reality could only be healthy for him.

What excuses? I'm just telling you the facts. WCE were pretty much full strength. Carlton were far from it. WCE played with home advantage. Judd was unprecedentedly quiet. WCE scrapped over the line by 3pts.

Why am I stating these facts? Because these they're so humorously incongruent with the OP's fantasy future. I thought a dose of reality could only be healthy for him.

You're entitled to your view, as you are well aware. It's more the subjectiveness of your reasoning that is the problem, you seem unable to give credit where it's due.

Yes, West Coast entered the game with fewer injuries than Carlton - nonetheless, West Coast also dominated Carlton in Melbourne with those same injured players in the side (you could make a case for Waite, but let's be honest, he's hardly on the field these days).

Judd was beaten by his opponent Scott Selwood convincingly for the second time of the year. Also Carlton need to learn to win anywhere if they want to be a genuine premiership threat and quit using the travel excuse quite frankly.

You can have you little excuses as to why Carlton went into the game already accepting that they were going to lose, or you can admit that West Coast were the better team.

In reality though, your typical Carlton pride won't allow for that.

1) Weages were fully fit
2) Tankers were not
3) Judd failed to deliver in finals Again, no surprise.
4) Game was at Subi :confused:
5) They smashed you on your own dung heap, coming off a spoon.

Yeah, Carlolton are the raging favourites for 2012. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And this is the mechanism of choice up there in the West ...........

cocaine_line.jpg

Remember this guy.... :eek:

518594-laurence-angwin.jpg

Not only was he doing that stuff and turning up to training stoned (and a teammate)... he later admitted to being a drug supplier at the Carlton football club to most of his teammates :eek:

Only club in the AFL who has had a player admit most of his teammates were druggies too and he just took the fall :eek:

1) Weages were fully fit
2) Tankers were not
3) Judd failed to deliver in finals Again, no surprise.
4) Game was at Subi :confused:
5) They smashed you on your own dung heap, coming off a spoon.

Yeah, Carlolton are the raging favourites for 2012. :thumbsu:

Would hardly say we were fully fit. Kerr was playing with a fracture in his back, Glass could barely move and Cox couldn't ruck and was subbed out early the week before from injury.

Carloltank got us at the best possible time and still couldn't beat us. :eek:

Would hardly say we were fully fit. Kerr was playing with a fracture in his back, Glass could barely move and Cox couldn't ruck and was subbed out early the week before from injury.

Carloltank got us at the best possible time and still couldn't beat us. :eek:

But Carlton have Judd!!

Remember this guy.... :eek:

518594-laurence-angwin.jpg

Not only was he doing that stuff and turning up to training stoned (and a teammate)... he later admitted to being a drug supplier at the Carlton football club to most of his teammates :eek:

Only club in the AFL who has had a player admit most of his teammates were druggies too and he just took the fall :eek:

So we're comparing who has the better drug culture then? it's not about football at all.

Shall we explore West Coast's long and distinguished history then:

Michael Gardiner:eek:, Chad Fletcher:eek:, Daniel Chick:eek:, Chris Mainwaring:eek:, Daniel kerr:eek: to name a few and these were top flight or close to top flight players, not some nuffy who could barely crack a game.

One might question why some of these blokes played so well.

Systematic rorting of the salary cap is way worse, as directly influences the results of games

A few guys getting on the gear on occasion, whihc inhibits performance is nothing in comparison.

Carlton = cheating bastards!

So we're comparing who has the better drug culture then? it's not about football at all.

Michael Gardiner:eek:, Chad Fletcher:eek:, Daniel Chick:eek:, Chris Mainwaring:eek:, Daniel kerr:eek: to name a few and these were top flight or close to top flight players, not some nuffy who could barely crack a game.

What part of Laurence Angwin being the drug dealer at Carlton to their top players did you not understand :eek:

Sorry I can't name them all for you... but basically look at your entire playing list and take out 1 or 2 names and you might be accurate.

Systematic rorting of the salary cap is way worse, as directly influences the results of games

A few guys getting on the gear on occasion, whihc inhibits performance is nothing in comparison.

Carlton = cheating bastards!

Hmmmm.......paying someone over the cap while the club covers it up vs getting high on a regular basis, having a good chance of becoming addicted and potentially ruining your life while the club covers it up.

Yes breaking the rules and overpaying someone is much much worse.:rolleyes:

I see what you did there.

And you missed Cousins. If you're going to name names, may as well collect the whole set.

Hmmmm.......paying someone over the cap while the club covers it up vs getting high on a regular basis, having a good chance of becoming addicted and potentially ruining your life while the club covers it up.

Yes breaking the rules and overpaying someone is much much worse.:rolleyes:

It's much worse for the integrity of the competition. You should just be greatful the AFL lacked the balls to make you hand back your tainted premierships.

What part of Laurence Angwin being the drug dealer at Carlton to their top players did you not understand :eek:

Sorry I can't name them all for you... but basically look at your entire playing list and take out 1 or 2 names and you might be accurate.

What part of naive ****stick don't you understand? your boys got their gear from known criminals........while being taped and photographed by the police.

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast > Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back