Toast Welcome to the Temple of Bontempelli, please take off your shoes and pay your respects

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it will happen again to be honest. I think the selectors will go with Crippa given how he finished the season

Definitely could. Think the majority of the media seemed to switch late in the year towards Cripps being captain

A lot of the recent captains have been guys who have racked up a bunch of AA selections and not just by being captain of their club. Hawkins, Rance, Dangerfield, Franklin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton fans gonna be crying rn
St Kilda fans, remembering Jack Billings was taken one pick prior to the Bont, might be a touch displeased as well

So good to see him finally be AA captain. Just adds to the brilliant resume. Has to get a Brownlow at some stage but I don't think it will be this year unfortunately.

Just quietly, that current hairstyle suits him really well too.

So glad for the man. Love that he got AA captain, would have been sad but not upset if Cripps had have been (he’s carried the Blues again this year). I imagine Cripps would have voted Bont and Bont would have voted Cripps for MVP.
It’s great that players recognise what he does for the team, which isn’t necessarily shown in Brownlow votes or the Coaches Award. There’s not many players with Bont’s profile that do all the team things just as well as the wow things.
His name is already etched in our history among the greats, let’s hope that legacy grows even more in the next month.

Big night for the Bont.

AA number 6, AFLPA MVP number 3, AA captain number 1 and AFLPA best captain number 3 (only behind Vossy with 4 now)

The night is just a well deserved Bont love fest.
And he would give it all up if it means he got to lift the premiership cup in 5 weeks.

Marcus exists to win premierships.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to the Temple of Bontempelli, please take off your shoes and pay your respects

Remove this Banner Ad

Back