Welcome to the new site layout.

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL I fixed it. I had an idea and it worked.

None of the main forums (ie. forum headings such as Australian Football, AFL Team Boards, More Footy, etc) have a Forum Tools drop down like there is for all subforums. Maybe years ago it was there and via that drop down on the NFR main forum, I subscribed to the whole lot. Subsequently the drop down was removed and I was no longer able to unsubscribe.

So I thought I'd check the URL for any unsubscribe link. eg to unsubscribe from the Essendon board

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/subscription.php?do=removesubscription&f=14

So I edited the link to make f=38 and voila, problem solved :thumbsu:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/subscription.php?do=removesubscription&f=38

I'd guess that anyone else that may have subscribed to a main forum would also have this problem and if they want to, can unsubscribe just as I have. eg. if anyone in the past has subscribed to the main Australian Football forum (ie. the one that merely shows the subforums AFL, Gameday, Expansion Board, 4th Estate, Umpires, Bay 13 etc), to unsubscribe, click the link below (not a rickroll lol):

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/subscription.php?do=removesubscription&f=1

ETA: Interesting to note that while I was somehow subscribed to Not Footy Related before, and I was able to unsubscribe (see method above), it is not possible to create a new subscription to the NFR forums (try link below):

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/subscription.php?do=addsubscription&f=38

bigfootynfris4.jpg

I don't have this option (My BigFooty) in my nav bar :confused:

I go there all the time though, using the link across the top of the page or my bookmarks when I open BF

How do I add it to my nav?

I go there all the time though, using the link across the top of the page or my bookmarks when I open BF

Have you subscribed to any forums? It might only appear when you've done so.

Just to help you out, I unsubscribed from all of my subscribed forums, and yep, My BigFooty on the nav bar disappears. So it looks like it only shows up if you have at least one forum subscription.

Have you subscribed to any forums? It might only appear when you've done so.

Just to help you out, I unsubscribed from all of my subscribed forums, and yep, My BigFooty on the nav bar disappears. So it looks like it only shows up if you have at least one forum subscription.

rightio - cool

OK - as above - I fixed this and now I have a suggestion. Include a link to the 'My BigFooty' page in this section of the bar - rather than having it across the top of the page.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you want something, you should provide some justification.

Let's say I just clicked on Australian Football League (as I have below), then it's further for the mouse to travel to click on the Poker forum and those below it than it is to click on My Bigfooty at the very top.

mybigfootydj0.jpg

It's not about you :D

I just find that generally, with most pages (forums, advanced post reply, etc) the top bar is never actually in screen - whereas the navbar often is. Plus it's sorta weird that there are the words 'My BigFooty' but you can't actually click on it - it's not a link. It's like finding something great on the sales rack and then it turns out it's there by mistake.

I love the emil that was sent out!

It said if you don't like the new format then "no problem" just change it back at the bottom of the page...

Then it lets you know that the old format will be killed off soon anyway. So if you don't like the new one you are stuck with it regardless. "No problem"!

kind of like the facebook change

Facebook change was excellent IMHO. ;)

I love the new facebook, just don't understand why people are fussing.

Oh, bigfooty change was good too :thumbsu:.

I enjoy the site more than I probably ever have, except for the relocation of TLC :thumbsdown:, that sucks, will never be the same over at lc.com.

I don't do facebook or any of that rubbish so I don't know about that.

I see it more like the AFL. Change for the sake of change. They know everyone hates the change (well majority anyway) but they chose to ignore it and push on anyway.
Are you calling Chief Adrian Anderson? Be careful, an insult like that you can't take back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the new site layout.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back