Toast Welcome to Collingwood - Taylor Adams

Remove this Banner Ad

Will miss Shaw at his best it was in the top bracket in the AFL as a running defender

He let himself down this year with his attitude hopefully he finishes his career of well at GWS

A fantastic trade period. Just need to make the right decisions next month!

This has (had) been the most epic thread I can remember. I try not to post when drunk or high on trade endorphins but ... now that it's over after, a million posts, 155 pages, a trip to Iceland, excursions into classic literature and hot chix pics, endless visits from rival fans and Dave's overwhelming anxiety, now that I might have to finally, get back to work & spend time with my family, can I just say (to quote the great Jeff Fenech) ... I LOVE YOUSE ALL!!!!!!!!

Classic post!!! :thumbsu: Its funny cos its true! Oh and welcome Taylor! Superb business Pies :D

dc7.gif

I like the idea of us paying some of Shaw's salary next year. Im assuming it takes a % out of our cap. so technically we only have to use 85% of our cap but can use 8% of it paying Shaw? thats give us some extra cap room to have a play at some players such as Andrew walker, goldstein, boak, hodge, gibbs etc who are free agents next year.

On that note, **** i hope we sign Ben Reid up sooner rather than later.

And thus ends a very succesful trade period from the Collingwood Football Club, including the retention / acquisition of two top 10 picks, Jesse White, Taylor Adams, and the great Scott Burns. Not to mention over 200 pages of threads discussing the relative trade value of Heath and Taylor...

Now I just have to wait for the blood to return to my legs before I go for a walk...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the idea of us paying some of Shaw's salary next year. Im assuming it takes a % out of our cap. so technically we only have to use 85% of our cap but can use 8% of it paying Shaw? thats give us some extra cap room to have a play at some players such as Andrew walker, goldstein, boak, hodge, gibbs etc who are free agents next year.

On that note, **** i hope we sign Ben Reid up sooner rather than later.

Well we don't actually have buckets, we have as much as most other clubs in the salary cap... I would doubt that this is the deal, to be honest, as it was GWS that offered the inflated contract (before this deal was struck). And they don't have salary cap issues (as they had $ budgeted for Buddy).

And we will never really pay less than 100% of the cap - if it looks like we are, we will just pull forward payment to free up space for a FA period in subsequent years.

Well we don't actually have buckets, we have as much as most other clubs in the salary cap... I would doubt that this is the deal, to be honest, as it was GWS that offered the inflated contract (before this deal was struck). And they don't have salary cap issues (as they had $ budgeted for Buddy).

And we will never really pay less than 100% of the cap - if it looks like we are, we will just pull forward payment to free up space for a FA period in subsequent years.
But when your losing Didak, Jolly, thomas, shaw etc etc, and replacing them with White kids and rookie upgrades. Theres clearly a negative giving us more money. Since we have to pay 93% or whatever it is as the cap anyway. With this theres a chance we could only be spending (for example) 85% on our playing list, and 8% on shaw. Which means come end of 2014 we have and extra 10% to offer for a free agent than another club does if we really want them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to Collingwood - Taylor Adams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back