List Mgmt. Welcome Jack Graham (Unrestricted Free Agent)

Remove this Banner Ad

Waiting for the paperwork to go through

Jerry Springer Waiting GIF by Judge Jerry

Hopefully band 1 if we are doing some dodgy shit with Richmond to split the pick 2, band 3 if we get Baker for 26, or band 4/5.
Itll probably be band 3 for Graham though due to age and length of contract

Graham already our best Mark Merenda replacement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Constantly injuries hey

7 playing years 131 games

You haven't a clue.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
He carried injuries for sure that really took its toll.
For example last year played early without even a preseason game coming back from a toe injury that he carried all the previous year. Consequently did a hammy. Our fitness staff should have been shot last season.
Back half of this year was the fittest I'd seen him in years. Due some luck.

One thing that Graham does, that the new coach and Blair know, is that he covers for the stars. He and Lambert were a good part of allowing Dustin Martin not to have to enter the back half of the ground. As high half forwards they covered a hell of a lot of ground working up and down the ground.

Harley Reid is going to value that sort of cover, and Graham knows that role as good as anyone. IF he stays fit he will be great physical cover for Reid and any other emerging mids. Doesn't cost you anything.

One thing that Graham does, that the new coach and Blair know, is that he covers for the stars. He and Lambert were a good part of allowing Dustin Martin not to have to enter the back half of the ground. As high half forwards they covered a hell of a lot of ground working up and down the ground.

Harley Reid is going to value that sort of cover, and Graham knows that role as good as anyone. IF he stays fit he will be great physical cover for Reid and any other emerging mids. Doesn't cost you anything.

I always felt that your rise was on the back of Hardwick using Dusty as a cheat code to just do whatever he wanted rather than trying to play him as a normal midfielder

Now that might be me oversimplifying it but I always thought Dusty was allowed to play with more freedom post 2016

If McQualter, with the assistance of Graham, can find a similar solution with Harley I think we’ll be better for it. And I think Harley will enjoy that freedom too

Mark Duffield pretty much summed it up. A valuable mature age body around the club who'll be in the best 23 for the next couple years who turns 27 in Feburary. The new coach knows him and knows where's best to slot him.

I'm fine with the pick up because all it cost us was salary cap which we're pretty much forced to use since three of our higher paid players will be out the door this offseason.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Jack Graham (Unrestricted Free Agent)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back