3 - Reilly
2 - Bassett
1 - Torney

BTM

3 - Hudson
2 - Perrie
1 - Knights

Rookie

2 - Vince (terrific movements under pressure, got some rough decisions from the umpire though)
1 - Douglas (looks very good in defense)

Player of the Year

5 McLeod
Set up heaps of Adelaide's plays off half back. 30 touches and was voted best on ground so pretty easy decision.

4 Mattner
Was great. Some of his possessions were cheapies, but played on either Ebert and White for most of and I think that between them they only kicked one goal.

3 Thompson
Won the ball constantly from stopages. If he continues to play like this he will be one of Adelaide's best players for the year.

2 Bassett
Great as always. Stepped up in Johncock's absense and played on Ebert, White and Lade at times.

1 Torney
Was strong. A solid match.

Unlucky: Knights, Bock, Welsh, Rutten and Hudson.

Best Team Man

3 Hudson
2 Knights
1 Perrie

Rookie

2 Vince
1 Douglas

5. McLeod
4. Knights
3. Reilly
2. Torney
1. Bassett

BTM

3. Torney
2. Reilly
1. Hudson

Rookie
1. Douglas

POTY

5: McLEOD, Andrew - Has started 2007 like a house on fire. Long may it continue.
4: HUDSON, Ben - Did a sterling job in ruck against the Lade/Brogan axis.
3: REILLY, Brent - Creative spark in the midfield where Edwards and Goodwin were unusually quiet.
2: PERRIE, Ian - The Lighthouse™ proved a shining beacon up forward. Plenty of marks, 3 good goals and should've had a couple more. Just needs to get that confidence up and truly back himself.
1: BASSETT, Nathan - Nearing his AA form. Gave Ebert a bath.

BTM

3: PERRIE, Ian - Always looked to bring his teammates into it, even when he should've been more selfish.
2: HUDSON, Ben - Allowed his midfield runners plenty of first use.
1: RUTTEN, Ben - Blanketed Tredrea again, effectively crippling Port's entire forward line.

Rookie

1: DOUGLAS, Richard - Another credit on the transcript of his football education.
1: VINCE, St. Bernard - Started off poorly but grew as the game wore on.

POTY
5. McLeod - Obvious
4. Thompson - I thought he was easily our most effective midfielder. A clanger here or there, but overall I thought his stoppage work was sensational.
3. Perrie - Most effective forward on the ground.
2. Welsh - Underrated game from Welshy. I'd rate this one as one of his best ever. 4 goals is a decent return, but it was his pressure in the absence of Bode that really impressed me. Saw him chase an opponent all the way down to half back on multiple occassions. His leading up the ground was far better than usual as well.
1. Torney - Was all over the place all day, and created plenty of run off half back with Macca.

BTM

3. Hudson - Led the ruck admirably against strong opposition and made our midfielders lives a lot easier.
2. Knights - I'd like to see how he went for 1%ers. Thought his sheperding today was sublime.
1. Bassett - Deserved a vote somewhere for deflating Ebert's big head.

Rookie

2. Douglas
1. Vince

Tough decision on the rookies. I thought Dougie was really starting to look comfortable out there. Knights backed up last weeks effort strongly. Vince and Needles both had solid games, and Griffin was given a lesson by Lade, but did some really nice things around the ground.

POTY

3: REILLY, Brent - Creative spark in the midfield where Edwards and Goodwin were unusually quiet.

Reilly's game was excellent once again and he has taken his game to another level this year. :thumbsu:

Cassissi did a good job on Edwards for 3 quarters, while IMO Goody played mainly in defence with the odd run on the ball.

Apart from Macca as BOG there are many possible variations of best players as we had many good players all round the ground.

POTY

5: McLEOD - Superb running display of skills by the master today. Must have 6 Brownlow votes in the bag so far.

4: BASSETT - As DT said in his best players this man is just about in his very best AA form. Formed part of a formidable defence today.

3: REILLY - Just getting better and better this year and worked his arse off with great success at the centre clearances.

2: KNIGHTS - Absolutely polished display from this lad today. His disposal rate per minute is astonishing and his disposal was excellent today. A genuine star of the future.

1: HUDSON Loved his game and his work rate against a quality Port ruck set-up. Getting better for evry run under his belt

Apologies to Thommo, Rutten, Torney, Mattner, Bock, Perrie and Welsh.

Best Team Man

3: RUTTEN - slaughtered Tredrea for about the 5th successive time. probably should tie one hand behind his back to make the contest competitive for Wazza.

2: TORNEY - just another geunine quality hard-working game across HB from Torney. His start for the season has been an absolute flier.

1: PERRIE - worked his arse off as usual and while down a little in confidence still, had markedd influence on the game. Well done Ian. :thumbsu:

Rookie

1: KNIGHTS - Growing in stature with every game he plays. :thumbsu:

1: DOUGLAS - Learning at a 100 mph and more than holds his place in the team. Will get a rising star nomination this year IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

POTY

5- McLeod- Great run again, tackling, disposal all 1st class
4- Thompson - provided drive and hardness all day, pity his disposal sometimes can let him down
3- Bassett - super job on Egbert
2- Knights - just keeps on getting the ball, disposal is improving, provided some great run
1- Mattner - had a tough job today but thought he showed good signs espically being able to play on a tall like White or a small like Egbert

BTM

3- Mattner - sacraficed his natural game to stick to the team plan/rules great discipline
2- Perrie- my favorite player, just works so hard geez if this guy could only kick with his foot not his shin he would be a superstar
1 - Doughty - shut down Burgoyne when required to, didn't get much of the ball but was very important

Rookie

2- Knights (if he is eligible) -see above
1- Vince-BV was very good after a slow start and some tough desicions going against him, pity he couldn't slot that shot on goal

POTY

Hard to give votes - so mine are based on performers when the game was hot in the 2nd and last qtrs

5 - McLeod - 'nuff said
4 - Bock - The #44 Special with Bok Choy has looked very dangerous so far
3 - Welsh - presented well
2 - Rutten - another great game on their Wingman
1 - Knights - career best form...:cool:

BTM

3 - Bassett - great game on "the chin with legs"
2 - Bock - worked hard
1 - Perrie - see Bock

Wookie

2 - Knights - if eligible
1 - Douglas

POTY

5 - Torney - His 1%s' all day won my top votes. Never put a foot wrong.
4 - McLeod - What superlatives can you say about this man. Back to his
best.
3 - Bassett - Kept his opponents in his shadow all day.
2 - Nights - This game is the one I believe will be the catalyst to spark his
career.
1 - Reilly - Kept us in the game early, faded a bit, but came back well.
BTM

3 - Bassett
2 - McLeod
1 - Nights

Rookie

2 - Nights
1 - Vince

Finally got around to seeing the replay on alf.com.au and..

POTY

Very even contribution in general which is what we want. Great stuff. What I loved the most from this game were the hands.. how good are our hands atm!!

5 - McLeod - His ability to gather the ball in traffic when everyone else looks to have butter fringers and then deliver, at pace, to targets with precision is at its best.
4 - Bassett - ever since not having to be a KPP in defense he has been arguably the competitions best defender. Shut down eggbeaters comfortably and attacked well on the rebound.
3 - Perrie - if he gets confidence back in his kicking LOOK OUT. Worked hard, marked well, kicked goals, gave off goals (sometimes when he shouldnt have!) and meant Welshy and Bock had an easier time of it.
2 - Life of Reilly - consistently our best midfielder today
1 - Thomson - Also great in the midfield, disposal not as damaging as Radar though. Was a pleasure to see him breaking away from clearances and to see he and Radar step up when goodwin and edwards were quiet'ish.

BTM

3 - Torney - amused me to see Mark32 say his 1%'s got him top votes but no BTM votes. Fully agree with the 1%'s comment so for me that gets BTM votes.
2 - Douglas - learning to play in defense and committed himself admirably.
1 - Hudson - worked hard and gave good value even though playing against arguably 2 of the best in the business. I rate Lade VERY highly and Hudson did well to still have influence against him.

Wookie

2 - Knights
1 - Douglas
HM - vince showed good signs.. again GREAT hands.

5) Andrew McLeod
4) Scott Welsh
3) Chris Knights
2) Marty Mattner
1) Scott Thompson

Best Team Man

3) Nathan Bassett
2) Ben Hudson
1) Michael Doughty

Rookie

2) Richard Douglas
1) Bernie Vince

5 - Torney - attack on the ball, one percenters, skill, it was all there.

4 - Bassett - Two classes above Ebert

3 - McLeod - Back to his brilliant best.

2 - Thompson - hit the packs hard and fast all day

1 - Reilly - nice work in the midfield, has REALLY stepped up this year

Unlucky - Knights (still coughed it up too much), Perrie (other than no confidence in goal kicking), Mattner, Van Berlo

Special mention - Porplyzia - must stay in the team. Is a quality player and always contributes from limited TOG.

Team Man

3 - Bassett
2 - Torney
1 - Hudson (though was well beaten by Lade in my view he tried hard)

Rookie
2 Douglas
1 Vince
I Am asusming Knights doesn't qualify.

Remove this Banner Ad

Votes - Rd 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back