VFL VFL Round 5 v Essendon. Saturday April 27. 2:05pm @ Victoria Park

Remove this Banner Ad

I see my boy Farrant has been dropped. He looked a bit out of shape but he did kick 9 for the Fitzroy Stars the previous week

geeze MacDonald is stiff to be dropped. He’s been very good IMO.
Yeah, stiff, but clearly just unfortunate with Harry and ryan coming in. Just the nature of being VFL listed at an afl affiliated VFL side.

I remember chatting to Josh Eyre's dad during pre-season and he spoke how Josh played multiple games last year, but was dropped for one game, not because he did anything wrong, but because of our healthy injury list. They assured him he was doing all the right things. It's something you accept when signing on. But he had no regrets because there is nothing better to play at a afl club with all their facilities and coaches.

Which clearly paid off, good thing he didn't go to a standalone.

geeze MacDonald is stiff to be dropped. He’s been very good IMO.
Reminds me a bit of Maynard. I like the change to our VFL recruiting strategy, local footy guns with mature bodies.

Yeah, stiff, but clearly just unfortunate with Harry and ryan coming in. Just the nature of being VFL listed at an afl affiliated VFL side.

I remember chatting to Josh Eyre's dad during pre-season and he spoke how Josh played multiple games last year, but was dropped for one game, not because he did anything wrong, but because of our healthy injury list. They assured him he was doing all the right things. It's something you accept when signing on. But he had no regrets because there is nothing better to play at a afl club with all their facilities and coaches.

I think this is widely known in the VFL system. It’s a weakness I guess.

The team we send out isn’t necessarily the best but best by position/type.

It would be interesting to see how he’d go as a high half forward in a role similar to Gunston. Does he have ground level tricks to be a deeper forward at AFL level?
Going back to Kenny Hinkley and Micky Mansfield at the Cats and more recently Sicily and Howe, I always want them to play these medium forwards who are strong in the air in defence.

Interview I read talked how his is better playing at half forward. We've been forced to use him deep for reasons. But with Reef playing, Jack has been named at half forward so lets see how he goes playing higher up.
Fraser talked about how much ground he covers. He's really quick between the arcs.
Yeah, with Ash named down back, I'm hoping we get to see Hutchinson roam further afield this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really looking forward to see how Hutchinson goes again but on the other hand, the thought that we won't get him puts a dampner on things

For that reason I will concentrate my attention on Parker and DeMattia today. Those two will keep me busy enough.

Good thing we’re rewarding those that sign one with out VFL team as well.

Great day for footy, first VFL game I’ve got to this year. Any one else at Vic Park?

In the Sherrin Stand - as always.

But God these seats are uncomfortable. I’ve gotten soft in my old age.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back