VFL 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a huge get for Port. Maybe this coming year things will click and we'll see signs of the finals side they were tipped as being in 2024.

Looks like it could be a decent year for the Victorian standalones. I wouldn't be surprised to see Werribee up there in the top four again after they managed to stay in premiership contention this year. My gut feeling is that Williamstown underperformed somewhat and will at least be in the top six next year, and I think Port's team will finally click and be in the finals hunt. Frankston are looking promising with a lot of key players already re-signed, but I think we need a few gaps filled if we want to go further than we did this year.

Coburg and the Bullants I think will struggle again, but I hope I'm wrong. Coburg showed signs this year that they can play well, but building on that foundation will be hard when you're not in a great position financially. Bullants I really fear for. Preston City Oval was deserted when we played up there, virtually no atmosphere and the facilities were looking quite run down. I really hope they can find a lifeline in 2025.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back