Cars & Transportation Vent about all things traffic

Remove this Banner Ad

GeT ouT oF Da RiGhT lAnE

Obviously there's more that's not shown, but in the small clip it doesn't look like the lane to their left was open for them to move into - so we don't know if they had moved right to overtake and the vehicle being overtaken picked up speed or what

Regardless, no reason to tailgate

Obviously there's more that's not shown, but in the small clip it doesn't look like the lane to their left was open for them to move into - so we don't know if they had moved right to overtake and the vehicle being overtaken picked up speed or what

Regardless, no reason to tailgate
a really good point. There's most likely or even definitely more to it in terms of context and lane availability.

im not sure what people who tailgate feel it will achieve. Much like people who throw nails/tacks onto roads where cyclists ride.

I defend trucks and truckies more than most but thats cooked.
Trucks are necessary part of the world. They are able to transport goods in bulk. As a result, truckies are also important to the functioning of society.

the truckies actions and condemnation also apply to drivers of sedans, SUVs, motorbikes, vans and their electric cars cousins who perform the same action

Trucks are necessary part of the world. They are able to transport goods in bulk. As a result, truckies are also important to the functioning of society.

the truckies actions and condemnation also apply to drivers of sedans, SUVs, motorbikes, vans and their electric cars cousins who perform the same action

Lots of jobs are necessary.
It doesn't stop the people who get employed in those jobs from being flogs.

My brother, in his late 50's did a couple of days training and now drives trucks for a living.
He's not a flog, but not because he's a truck driver.
Truck drivers as a function, are necessary , so people employ them, not at the top of the pay scale either.
Individual truck drivers are not necessary.

Lots of jobs are necessary.
It doesn't stop the people who get employed in those jobs from being flogs.

My brother, in his late 50's did a couple of days training and now drives trucks for a living.
He's not a flog, but not because he's a truck driver.
Truck drivers as a function, are necessary , so people employ them, not at the top of the pay scale either.
Individual truck drivers are not necessary.
yes i agree.

Yeh of course, my FIL is a truckie, wonderful man and critical to day to day life.

Im not defending shit drivers in fact i think generally truckies get a shocking wrap and are generally very good.

This one wasnt though.

Yeh of course, my FIL is a truckie, wonderful man and critical to day to day life.

Im not defending shit drivers in fact i think generally truckies get a shocking wrap and are generally very good.

This one wasnt though.

My dad had a truck repair business for much of his life.
He learnt very early on not to let truckies back their own truck into the building.

Another friend of mine mostly drives trucks around the city now, ( after experiencing most fields of truck driving ) and he's often moaning about all the crap drivers.
When so many hit that bridge in South Melbourne, you know there are a few out there.

My dad had a truck repair business for much of his life.
He learnt very early on not to let truckies back their own truck into the building.

Another friend of mine mostly drives trucks around the city now, ( after experiencing most fields of truck driving ) and he's often moaning about all the crap drivers.
When so many hit that bridge in South Melbourne, you know there are a few out there.
There is a whole discussion around how the recruitment has dropped off and led to ALOT of these issues.

For the most part the ones around my FIL (and Grandads) age were not like that.

Had a B Double in front during peak time this morning. It had decided to turn left on Cheltenham road ( 3 lanes ) into Chandler road.
Only he couldn't turn left from the left lane, and was in the middle lane.
So it blocked 2 of the 3 lanes and if someone had come up inside him would have been dangerous.

Just checked.
Sure enough, Chandler road is not one that B-Doubles are allowed to use. Skilled or not, driver is an arseh*le.
Anyone who thinks they are more important than 2/3 of the people on a busy arterial road is an arseh*le.

Had a B Double in front during peak time this morning. It had decided to turn left on Cheltenham road ( 3 lanes ) into Chandler road.
Only he couldn't turn left from the left lane, and was in the middle lane.
So it blocked 2 of the 3 lanes and if someone had come up inside him would have been dangerous.

Just checked.
Sure enough, Chandler road is not one that B-Doubles are allowed to use. Skilled or not, driver is an arseh*le.
Anyone who thinks they are more important than 2/3 of the people on a busy arterial road is an arseh*le.

If he's delivering to factories on Kirkham Road West or Olive Grove or the streets in between, how is he meant to get there?

It's probably an easier turn into Chandler Road from the Dandenong Bypass, but if he's not meant to go on Chandler Road at all the fact that there is an industrial area on it with no other access is pretty ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else hate the stupid TAC puns.

"Driving tired, wake up to your self"
" If you take drugs and drive , you're out of your mind"

Who the hell thinks stupid puns on the side of the road is a good idea?
I think the intention is to make them catchy so you remember them.

It seems they’ve had the effect

If he's delivering to factories on Kirkham Road West or Olive Grove or the streets in between, how is he meant to get there?

It's probably an easier turn into Chandler Road from the Dandenong Bypass, but if he's not meant to go on Chandler Road at all the fact that there is an industrial area on it with no other access is pretty ridiculous.

Suburban delivery vehicle?
B Doubles are meant to be dissembled if they can't get where they are going.
They are simply not suitable for use on every road.
They are designed to be more efficient ( ie less drivers ) over a long period of driving.

Have a look at some of the industrial area's around Moorabbin and Braeside. Some roads struggle to get a car into them.

I think the intention is to make them catchy so you remember them.

It seems they’ve had the effect
I only remembered it because it had just been on tv. Not sure if i got the drug one right.
Can't remember any others, but i remember they were bad puns.

Can imagine the stoners.....Duuude....duuude....don't smoke that in here....cos....out of your mind dude.......

Suburban delivery vehicle?
B Doubles are meant to be dissembled if they can't get where they are going.
They are simply not suitable for use on every road.
They are designed to be more efficient ( ie less drivers ) over a long period of driving.

Have a look at some of the industrial area's around Moorabbin and Braeside. Some roads struggle to get a car into them.

It’s funny, we had a road blocked one day due to a gas leak and no one was allowed down. Anyway it was the B double route so had a B double park up for about 4-5 hours waiting for the road to open as he wouldn’t take another road that wasn’t designated.

It’s funny, we had a road blocked one day due to a gas leak and no one was allowed down. Anyway it was the B double route so had a B double park up for about 4-5 hours waiting for the road to open as he wouldn’t take another road that wasn’t designated.

They can get fined.
They are meant to get a special permit to take any road that's not gazetted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cars & Transportation Vent about all things traffic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back