Travel USA travel tips and tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

If you're a sports fan the NFL, NBA. NHL and MLB are options

Millennium Park where the Bean is, the Riverwalk, Chicago Navy Pier and Chicago's deep dish pizza

The Chicago Zoo s FREE (as is the one in DC) and a cruise/boat ride on Lake Michigan is an option if it's a nice still day

Tavern thin style Chicago style pizza > deep dish Chicago style pizza. Love that city, lots to do and see, music venues everywhere and a great food scene.

Last edited:

Does anyone have any recommendations for travel insurance?

Recommended cover, anything to be mindful of, etc?
We used cover more for our upcoming U.S trip. Reasonably priced. Just do your diligence on what your going to do as to what is covered

One way flight booked for next month. Gonna check out the new clippers arena, a Seahawks game and then cross the border and hopefully land a job before the savings diminish.

Never reviewed my August trip but in brief:

Vancouver was really cool. City was pumping the whole time. Just cool to see how many people walking around the streets/neighbourhoods on a weekday evening. A lively city. Highlights were probably Lynn Canyon hike and Stanley park. Their library is amazing.

IMG_3185.jpeg IMG_3188.jpeg

Next was Seattle. Bainbridge Island was pretty chilled, great views of the city from the ferry and the weather was great. Did a Seahawks stadium tour and had a big night on a hostel pub crawl in Belltown.

IMG_3200.jpeg IMG_3212.jpeg

Flew down to my least fav city Los Angeles. Hostel was a dump and any trip needed an hour on the bus. Did a tour of the Coliseum which was alright and a few dodgers games. $30Aus for a beer killed me.

IMG_3226.jpeg IMG_3232.jpeg IMG_3241.jpeg IMG_3247.jpeg

Last stop was San Diego. Absolutely loved the city. Once again, a few more ball games. Stadium was amazing and right down. Padres won the second night and atmosphere was great. Shame they just got knocked out, Petco Park deserves a few World Series games. Went to USD campus, the library designed by Dr Suess was cool. Overall a great city and regretted staying longer in LA.

IMG_3291.jpeg IMG_3288.jpeg IMG_3297.jpeg IMG_3299.jpeg

Thinking of a trip around this time next year, ticking off a few places I haven't been yet
  • Vegas (Mrs would have a conference to go to there so would go see what the fuss is about)
  • Miami
  • Washington DC
  • Nashville
  • Portland
  • Napa
Would also be hard not to squeeze in another trip to NYC, especially as I've only ever been there in the winter.

I really want to go back to SF, probably still my favourite city in the US, I've heard it's gone super downhill now though and I don't want to ruin the memories.

Remove this Banner Ad

Travel USA travel tips and tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back