Umpiring

Are they?

• Yes

Votes: 52 51.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • They will until this group has officially been broken, Hardwick aint Coach and Gale isn't CEO

Votes: 33 32.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll add other teams when I get time, but here is some interesting data gathered from 2017-2024 … this is for all games decided by 10-points or under:

Sydney:

Equal free kicks : 10.6%
Won free kick count by 1-5: 23.4%
Won free kick count by 6+: 19.1%
Lost free kick count by 1-5: 27.7%
Lost free kick count by 6+: 19.1%

Pies;:

Equal free kicks : 7.3%
Won free kick count by 1-5: 36.4%
Won free kick count by 6+: 18.2%
Lost free kick count by 1-5: 30.9%
Lost free kick count by 6+: 7.3%

Tigers:

Equal free kicks : 3.1%
Won free kick count by 1-5: 25.0%
Won free kick count by 6+: 0.00%
Lost free kick count by 1-5: 31.3%
Lost free kick count by 6+: 40.6%

That’s correct. From 2017-2024, in games decided by 10-points or under, Richmond has not won the free kick count by 6+ a single time, from 32 games.

Sydney did it 9 times in 47 games. Pies 10 times in 55 games.

Then losing the free kick count by 6+, Richmond did that 13 times in 32 close games.

So overall:

Sydney
won or even in free kicks : 53.2%
Lost free kicks: 46.8%

Pies:
Won or even free kicks: 61.8%
Lost free kicks : 38.2%

Tigers:
Won or even free kicks: 28.1%
Lost free kicks: 71.9%

And we wonder why our record in close games hasn’t been great since 2017..?!??

Bunch of cheats

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We've now heard multiple times from people talking to players etc that the club spent years asking 'why?' and the club didn't get an answer, so have just given up.
where is this, I actually haven't seen that at all...

Would be good to hear players becoming more vocal if the club won't

where is this, I actually haven't seen that at all...

Would be good to hear players becoming more vocal if the club won't

Just on BF where posters have said they spoke to players and that is what they were told. Nothing official or verifiable.

I guess that the club and players, as representatives of the club, reckon that going against AFL House will lead to even more punishment. Which tells you that the AFL are pretty much an evil empire.

If true it says that the AFL has completely lost why it exists and see themselves as gods above all. Which isn't a great leap from the shite that they say every day.

Whether it’s under Dimma or Ooze, what do people actually mean when they say it’s our game plan? Like I actually don’t understand (but maybe they don’t either)
they truly don't know themselves, it is just a buzz word / phrase opposition supporters use because they think it is clever and shuts down the notion of the argument we are putting forward.

95% of oppo fans simply can't comprehend or acknowledge the data that supports the notion that every team somehow manages to be their best behaved only against us.

I have been told by oppo fans thats because of our game style and how we play.. wtf., it has nothing to do with that.

the frees we don't receive literally has nothing to do with how we play when we are talking about identical incidents being paid against us but not for us.

'oh so you're saying you get some poor decisions in games, every team gets that though"

Yes true every team does get those, but not at the ratio that we have.

these are the only possible explanations oppo fans can come up with, it's amazing.

Just completed the survey and called it out in the comments. If we are seeking clarity behind closed doors and not in the media like some clubs, i want to hear it as a member. Send out an weekly update on what we got clarity on and the response. As a club i don't want us sitting on our hands and just accepting it every year. I also said the reason i was attending less games wasn't because of on field performance, but because of the umpiring. Hopefully if enough raise it something might be done about it.

they truly don't know themselves, it is just a buzz word / phrase opposition supporters use because they think it is clever and shuts down the notion of the argument we are putting forward.

95% of oppo fans simply can't comprehend or acknowledge the data that supports the notion that every team somehow manages to be their best behaved only against us.

I have been told by oppo fans thats because of our game style and how we play.. wtf., it has nothing to do with that.

the frees we don't receive literally has nothing to do with how we play when we are talking about identical incidents being paid against us but not for us.

'oh so you're saying you get some poor decisions in games, every team gets that though"

Yes true every team does get those, but not at the ratio that we have.

these are the only possible explanations oppo fans can come up with, it's amazing.

To admit systemic 'issues' is to admit that the AFL is tilting the playing field away from some teams, and therefore towards others. Until recently that seems to be too much for most.

But right now many/most are seeing the AFL as dodgy as all f. The umpires are obviously doing all sorts of crap, and the explanation is stupid.

But to admit that Richmond has been picked out is a step too far for supporters of 17 teams. Cause if you do admit it then Richmond deserves some sort of recompense - like ... I don't know, but most other teams' supporters won't want us getting ahead. It's a catch 22.

Been to my last game coz of umpiring. Made an exception to pay respects to the GOAT. Otherwise done and won't be renewing. CFL are ****ing us over and they know it and couldn't give a shit about their obligations to run the comp fairly. Honestly think it's a grudge for stuff that happened in the hub. And the club is either doing nothing about it or whatever they are doing is ineffective.

Richmond is screwed over for 8-years in a row, and Whateley says on his show ‘I don’t want to talk about umpiring’ whenever a Tiger supporters dares even whisper it …..

But now that a few other teams have been on the receiving end of game costing umpiring howlers, Whateley and friends have launched a royal commission on it with every second episode of Whately and 360 highlighting umpiring.

So when a single team is the only one who has been regularly screwed for 8-years then ‘there’s nothing to see here’ and we don’t want to hear about it …. but now a few other teams are on the end just one or two games of what we’ve been on the end of most games for 8-years, only now there’s an issue ..?!?

F…M…D.

To admit systemic 'issues' is to admit that the AFL is tilting the playing field away from some teams, and therefore towards others. Until recently that seems to be too much for most.

But right now many/most are seeing the AFL as dodgy as all f. The umpires are obviously doing all sorts of crap, and the explanation is stupid.

But to admit that Richmond has been picked out is a step too far for supporters of 17 teams. Cause if you do admit it then Richmond deserves some sort of recompense - like ... I don't know, but most other teams' supporters won't want us getting ahead. It's a catch 22.
And funnily enough we don't even want to get ahead, just want it to be fair and even.

Even just give us The Kangaroos -21 and we would take it :tearsofjoy:

And funnily enough we don't even want to get ahead, just want it to be fair and even.

Even just give us The Kangaroos -21 and we would take it :tearsofjoy:

its not even that. I want to know what we are doing wrong and other teams so right. I want to hear why a particular free was given to us and why an obvious one was missed. Starting with an explanation is all i want right now.

Follow a Carlton, Collingwood or Suns game for a couple rounds. For the sake of the exercise, "barrack" for those teams and that's when you truly see the frees paid for those sides are given most of the time VS us getting peanuts. Guaranteed you will see Curnow receive at least 3-4 frees that were never paid to Jack, or Lynch. McKay will be paid marks for barely touching the ball, or marks paid even when the ball is clearly touched.

Like others have said, I've stopped going and I've let the club know a few times in surveys. I can handle losing games, after all I've been a reserve seat member for decades, and I turned up every single week. But I lose my shit these days attending RFC games where the umpiring has a clear directive against us. Then I get frustrated when other games in the same round have impartial umpiring. Just study one round - frees will be + or - 5 frees on average until you look at our game which will be at least a -10 difference in most games...

Over the last couple months, even the normies that thought it was a conspiracy theory have now seen the facts. The statistics don't lie and the probability of other teams being on their best behavior against us, and the 6 out of 8 years of being last on the "frees For" is deliberate.

Statistically impossible without manipulation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond is screwed over for 8-years in a row, and Whateley says on his show ‘I don’t want to talk about umpiring’ whenever a Tiger supporters dares even whisper it …..

But now that a few other teams have been on the receiving end of game costing umpiring howlers, Whateley and friends have launched a royal commission on it with every second episode of Whately and 360 highlighting umpiring.

So when a single team is the only one who has been regularly screwed for 8-years then ‘there’s nothing to see here’ and we don’t want to hear about it …. but now a few other teams are on the end just one or two games of what we’ve been on the end of most games for 8-years, only now there’s an issue ..?!?

F…M…D.

Don't talk about RFC being screwed over free kicks talk about the second last side above us and how they are being rorted instead! Lol

Back