Umpiring

Are they?

• Yes

Votes: 52 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • They will until this group has officially been broken, Hardwick aint Coach and Gale isn't CEO

Votes: 36 34.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I looked at the seasons from 2010 to current day trying to pinpoint when it all fell apart for us in the free kicks department and i found it, in 2015 we had a +71 differential to sit at +18 overall for the seasons 2010-2015.

What happened after that can be just called cheating, favourable treatment, biased umpiring, harsh treatment or whatever you want to call it. To show comparisons i included Collingwood, Western Bulldogs and Geelong.

2010-2015 overall differentials.

Western Bulldogs + 63, Collingwood +57, Richmond +18, Geelong -29

For the years 2016 - current day overall differentials can only be described as....i don't know what to call it see for yourselves.

Western Bulldogs +510, Collingwood +389, Geelong -40 and Richmond.....................-506
its the way we play

I looked at the seasons from 2010 to current day trying to pinpoint when it all fell apart for us in the free kicks department and i found it, in 2015 we had a +71 differential to sit at +18 overall for the seasons 2010-2015.

What happened after that can be just called cheating, favourable treatment, biased umpiring, harsh treatment or whatever you want to call it. To show comparisons i included Collingwood, Western Bulldogs and Geelong.

2010-2015 overall differentials.

Western Bulldogs + 63, Collingwood +57, Richmond +18, Geelong -29

For the years 2016 - current day overall differentials can only be described as....i don't know what to call it see for yourselves.

Western Bulldogs +510, Collingwood +389, Geelong -40 and Richmond.....................-506
Yeah and I'm sorry you spent so much effort and time doing the homework mate, but the reality is it was so fxxking obvious. lol;):cool::)

What happened after that Richmond............-506
Neil Balme happened, that's what! lol

Screw You Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I have no problem with professional umpires per se, but expecting it to solve the problem of bias in Richmond games is naive.

Professional umpiring means they get paid more for the bias. It does not necessarily mean less bias. Nor does it mean the best umpires are used more often.

The same culture, management, selection criteria and other interferences still applies.

Interesting comment on sen this morning , collingwood are playing like Richmond during their flags blowing away sides in the last quarter, yet the elephant in the room is if the pies are playing like us why the free kick discrepancy

Interesting comment on sen this morning , collingwood are playing like Richmond during their flags blowing away sides in the last quarter, yet the elephant in the room is if the pies are playing like us why the free kick discrepancy
RFC should be asking these questions instead of bending over week after week.

umps are doing the blowing for them unlike us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no problem with professional umpires per se, but expecting it to solve the problem of bias in Richmond games is naive.

Professional umpiring means they get paid more for the bias. It does not necessarily mean less bias. Nor does it mean the best umpires are used more often.

The same culture, management, selection criteria and other interferences still applies.
I don’t give a **** what anyone says I believe 100% maggots hate the RFC and no doubt they have a chuckle about it together

Tough guy from Brisbane got a week for the jumper punch the umpire didn’t think it was a free kick , says plenty about the umpiring
Again, like Dawson getting whacked last Sunday, there was no way the ump didn't see it. They're just selective in what they pay and when they pay them.

Unquestionably and totally swayed by elements such as the boisterousness of the crowd, the situation of the game, whereabouts on the ground, and which team it is.

As much as the umpires need to be FT, it would not change a thing. What we need is evidence of corruption to challenge the people of importance. lol

Bombers v Port... Essendon player marks but the fluoro does not blow his whistle, so Dan Huston continues to play attempting to tackle. Fluoro blows his whistle and calls 50!!!!!

Fluoro mike picks up the explanation......"You knew it was a mark"

That is absolute lumps of it, right there.

Last edited:

you could argue that moving to full time would exclude a lot of the current shit umpires as they have much higher paying main jobs. that's the problem with them, it's a side hussle, they cant be held accountable currently because they can just go **** you I quit and fall back on their high paying primary job.
you make umpiring a full time career professionalism will rise because it'll be truly invested and competent people instead of weekend warriors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpiring

Back