OzBomber

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 26, 2006
Walton Breck Rd
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, Ricciardo
I'm not one for making excuses but the umpiring was absolutely pathetic tonight. Had a pretty shitty night at the ground and this made it ever worse. Some of the decisions were disgraceful. The 2 in the 3rd quarter in the space of 5 minutes nearly lost it for us (But I think the 2nd one was actually a free kick).

Also, what's the ****ing deal with the ticket system? Aren't they meant to release walk up tickets? I get there at 6:30! and get told, no there aren't any seats in the ground before she says "We have some on level 2". We go "Oh cool" and then she goes "I don't like your chances of getting any seats". I was like wtf this is bull shit. Ended up getting standing room which I hate, so we ended up going up the top and sitting in the restricted area near the scoreboard.

To top things off the Aussies are getting pummeled in the cricket...

Shit night overall for me. :thumbsdown::(

/rant

Definitely had a couple of shockers go against you, but the doggies were always going to get you eventually.
Weight of scoring shots told a story I think.
Things are coming together for your lot though.

The umpires had no impact on the result.

We were the better side in the first half. The Bulldogs were the better half in the second. They are, in my opinion, clearly the third best side in the competition and we still have a while to go - but the early signs are exciting.

However despite having no real impact on the final result - it was the WORST display of umpiring I have EVER seen against one side. I think the Dogs got six goals directly from free kicks, we got ZERO. I seriously thought some spectators on level one were going to jump the fence in the last and smack McLaren, it was outragous.

However despite having no real impact on the final result - it was the WORST display of umpiring I have EVER seen against one side. I think the Dogs got six goals directly from free kicks, we got ZERO. I seriously thought some spectators on level one were going to jump the fence in the last and smack McLaren, it was outragous.
Yeah they were far too good for us. Just cut us up in the 2nd half. But I swear McLaren has always had something against Essendon since that Hird comment. And they never seem to pay Lloyd free kicks these days. He doesnt dive!

Bulldogs would have won regardless, but the umpiring decisions and non-decisions ruined the game as a spectacle for me. Terrible umpiring display.

Yeah they were far too good for us. Just cut us up in the 2nd half. But I swear McLaren has always had something against Essendon since that Hird comment. And they never seem to pay Lloyd free kicks these days. He doesnt dive!

I think many of us would say McLaren has had something against us since before the Hird comment, and that only made things worse.

And as for pairing him with Jeffery, who seems to hate us with a passion? Strike a light. Some would say we were never a chance of getting a fair run with these two clowns together. It's quite something when Chamberlin is easily the best of the three maggots out there. :eek:

That said, though, the Dogs were easily the better side. Knighter and the guys still have to find and execute Plans B, C and D on days when the momentum starts turning against us (as it did after the disgraceful free kick and 50 against Dustin for god only knows what).

How can you say the umpiring was bad? How can you complain baout the amount of goals we got from free kicks compared to Essendon? Maybe Essendon should trying being first to the ball on more occassions so they can get into positions where they can win a free kick? Or maybe they should stop chopping the arms of players? The way your fans react when any free kicks are paid is so sad. So many of your supporters care more about free kick counts than anything else and think they are being hard done by. They boo every decision even if it is a blatant free kick.

How can you say the umpiring was bad? How can you complain baout the amount of goals we got from free kicks compared to Essendon? Maybe Essendon should trying being first to the ball on more occassions so they can get into positions where they can win a free kick? Or maybe they should stop chopping the arms of players? The way your fans react when any free kicks are paid is so sad. So many of your supporters care more about free kick counts than anything else and think they are being hard done by. They boo every decision even if it is a blatant free kick.
I will start off by saying that the umpiring didn't affect or influence the result at all, as you guys were clearly the better team but to suggest the umpiring wasn't bad is laughable. There were some horrible calls that gifted you goals and i think the count was 20-9 in the end, which is a disgrace.

I will start off by saying that the umpiring didn't affect or influence the result at all, as you guys were clearly the better team but to suggest the umpiring wasn't bad is laughable. There were some horrible calls that gifted you goals and i think the count was 20-9 in the end, which is a disgrace.

What free kicks were incorrectly called? I'm not being a smartass, just wondering which ones you aren't happy about.

How is a 20-9 free kick count a disgrace? So you're suggesting when a team gives away free kicks on a football field, that because they have done this umpires should even it up? I think it was mostly due to the bombers being second to the ball and having to do all the chasing.

Yet, you come on here and have a whinge. :rolleyes:

Enjoy your win. Time to leave. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt the umpiring swung the momentum back our way, the umpiring was horrible and they killed you guys. Any Bulldog supporter that says otherwise is lying through their teeth.

However, I still think we would of won the game when push came to shove, our weight of numbers we pretty overwhelming in the end. The umps did rob us of a game that would of been a hell of a lot closer, we are pretty poor with our skills and you guys showed us up in the first half.

Umpires were crap, Mcphee tackled Cooney fairly, no push in back, should have been play on, but no free kick and goal, there is one you ********s and a few more along the way.Fletcher punches ball away, but no you cant do that, free kick, what crap, you blokes wont get near Geelong or St Kilda.

I have to agree with you guys. That umpiring was pitiful - and we got a big advantage from it, no doubt.

The free and 50 against Fletcher (for what looked like a top class spoil on big Will) was a huge turning point in the game as far as I'm concerned.

Anyone who doesn't have the honesty to admit this (I'm looking at you, anthj) is a troll and/or knows nothing about footy.

Keep your heads up, Bomber fans ... your boys are not far away. And that Hurley looks a ripper.

What free kicks were incorrectly called? I'm not being a smartass, just wondering which ones you aren't happy about

McPhee push in the back - Cooney goal.
Fletcher chop the arms - Minson goal.
Little bit of argie bargie - Higgens goal.
Higgens running 25m without a bounce.

Just to name a few.

Umpires were crap, Mcphee tackled Cooney fairly, no push in back, should have been play on, but no free kick and goal, there is one you ********s and a few more along the way.Fletcher punches ball away, but no you cant do that, free kick, what crap, you blokes wont get near Geelong or St Kilda.

Your just setting yourself up there mate... I'd say 2 points is pretty close.

The crowd was furious, another dodgy fifty and there would have been a riot. Rightly so too...

I have to agree with you guys. That umpiring was pitiful - and we got a big advantage from it, no doubt.

The free and 50 against Fletcher (for what looked like a top class spoil on big Will) was a huge turning point in the game as far as I'm concerned.

Anyone who doesn't have the honesty to admit this (I'm looking at you, anthj) is a troll and/or knows nothing about footy.

Keep your heads up, Bomber fans ... your boys are not far away. And that Hurley looks a ripper.

Thank you for post Bernie. :thumbsu:

I'm not saying we were the better team, and the decisions cost us the game because they didn't. Christ, the umpires were inconsistent.

That's football, who knows maybe next time we'll get a favourable run with the umpires. :eek:

That was the worst umpiring we've copped this season. Completely turned the momentum a couple times, especially with that free and 50 against Fletch.

I would have thought the Bulldogs lifting the intensity contributed to them getting first to the ball and therefore getting the frees.

To top things off the Aussies are getting pummeled in the cricket...
Shit night overall for me. :thumbsdown::(/rant
I hear you. I found myself swearing into my hands in frustration a few times, and had to stop myself from punching the seat beside me for fear of looking like a bogan. The umpires were a bloody disgrace tonight; we were beaten by a better side, granted, but the umpires were pathetic.

While waiting for the train back to Geelong I watched some of the cricket on my phone, only to see we were 2/22 after letting the English tail wag again.

Oh well.

I hear you. I found myself swearing into my hands in frustration a few times, and had to stop myself from punching the seat beside me for fear of looking like a bogan. The umpires were a bloody disgrace tonight; we were beaten by a better side, granted, but the umpires were pathetic.

While waiting for the train back to Geelong I watched some of the cricket on my phone, only to see we were 2/22 after letting the English tail wag again.

Oh well.

thank god i thought i was the only one like that (about the swearing and anger) i ****ing hate the umpires totally ruined the night for me, great 1st half and had so much potential to be a great match but they ****ed it. it annoys me that they dont get any pressure - media wise about their performances. *** u mclaren *** u ray

Umpire decisions or not, our forward line failed again and lost the game for us. We just don't look dangerous. Lucas went back to his worst and Lloyd didn't do much better when he was up forward.

With Hille, Laycock, and Gumby still to come back I'm hoping this won't be the case next year.

Hurley was a star today and I think all bomber fans can walk away from tonight knowing our backline will be strong in the years to come.

I still think the Doggies would have won, but there were some questionable calls.Just when we seemed to get a gap in the first half they'd get a free kick in front of goal. I think we played pretty well still, Doggies just get so many numbers around the ball and are good at drawing players to get a handball away, I think it's something we can do a bit better.

I'm still perplexed on the dropping the ball rule. Both teams pick it up, run a bit and drop the ball but no free. it seems like rugby now the way players just run forward and drop it for the next guy to pick it up and drop it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back