U19 U/19 North2

Remove this Banner Ad

Have been following NOBs progress this season. Good win on the weekend with a few out over Xavs. However, its only one game, and too early to be talking about knocking off Aquinus, or to be picking any team for the flag for that matter. Tips this week?

Aquinus easily over Therry
Bernards against Fitzroy
OGs to get up against Rupertswood
NOBs in a close one against Emmaus
Xavs to rebound against Ivanhoe

very hard to pick the premiers at this stage of the year considering the up and down form of some teams. however at this stage it would be hard to go against aquinas although to win the premiership you have to play all four quarters which aquinas are struggling to do. and i dont think you can write off xavs just yet as they have alot of depth. also old geelong seem to be finding some form. so at this stage i think it could be any of the top six and it will be a tight squeeze for the final four spots.

Chunk, Hendo

Surely one loss isn't the end of the world. Where's your fighting spirit? By the way. Did you see this on the VAFA site?

Old Xaverians and Rupertswood charged with a minor melee which allegedly occurred in their under-19 match on Saturday May 17 at Stradbroke Park.
Both clubs accepted the prescribed penalty. Old Xavs $150 (second offence over the last two year period) and Rupertswood $300 (third offence over the last two year period). :D:cool::eek::mad:

Chunk, Hendo

Surely one loss isn't the end of the world. Where's your fighting spirit? By the way. Did you see this on the VAFA site?

Old Xaverians and Rupertswood charged with a minor melee which allegedly occurred in their under-19 match on Saturday May 17 at Stradbroke Park.
Both clubs accepted the prescribed penalty. Old Xavs $150 (second offence over the last two year period) and Rupertswood $300 (third offence over the last two year period). :D:cool::eek::mad:

can't afford to pay it mate??

Have been following NOBs progress this season. Good win on the weekend with a few out over Xavs. However, its only one game, and too early to be talking about knocking off Aquinus, or to be picking any team for the flag for that matter. Tips this week?

Aquinus easily over Therry
Bernards against Fitzroy
OGs to get up against Rupertswood
NOBs in a close one against Emmaus
Xavs to rebound against Ivanhoe
Shut up Doyley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chunk, Hendo

Surely both clubs have been involved in more than 2/3 melee's in the past year and a half?! Does it double for each offence?

Shouldn't you be on the EFL thread trying to work out ways to win a premiership? Because buying all the AFL players under the sun doesn't seem to be working

Shouldn't u be on the homo thread learning how to give it up the a$$? Trying on Amafio all the time doesnt seem to be working.

very hard to pick the premiers at this stage of the year considering the up and down form of some teams. however at this stage it would be hard to go against aquinas although to win the premiership you have to play all four quarters which aquinas are struggling to do. and i dont think you can write off xavs just yet as they have alot of depth. also old geelong seem to be finding some form. so at this stage i think it could be any of the top six and it will be a tight squeeze for the final four spots.

Excellent observation Ratpit.

7 teams in the running

Aquinas, Xavs, Ivanhoe, Rupo, Therry, NOBs and OG.

Aquinas, clear favourite. Outfoxed VAFA to get included in this division.

Old Xavs, the old guys of the comp. I worry about a team that will struggle with the faster tracks in September and its over reliance on one player to kick its goals.

Ivanhoe, not bad but discipline will be a problem.

Therry and NOBs need consistency to be a threat.

OG, two trips to Rupo and two defeats. Unless OG has a secret weapon I can't see them making the finals.

Rupo, in the main, a group of kids which has already exceeded expectations.

I reckon twelve wins will get you a spot in the finals. Maybe eleven and a good percentage.

OG and Therry have four and percentages below 100, the rest have five and percentages in excess of 100. Appears to be a divison already which leaves four teams battling for three spots.

10 games to go.

I'm thinking Aquinas, NOBs, Ivanhoe and Rupo.

What do you think Rat?

They got beaten by Emmaus. Who aren't too crash hot, really. Any team that plays a tackling, physical game will knock Aquinas right on their asses. I tip NOBS to get them in coming weeks.

just a quick question..

when did this occur? doesnt seem to show up in any of this years results

just a quick question..

when did this occur? doesnt seem to show up in any of this years results

I agree, the results show two comfortable wins for aquinas against leos..
Rd 1 - 100 points+
Rnd 6 - 23points.

Leos did have Aquinas measure for parts of that game, probably due to the bloods star full back # 24 missing for that match.

Id still tip the bloods to rattle any side in the competition this year.

aquinas
xavs
ivanhoe
nobs
rupo
geelong
st leos
therry
bernards
fitzroy

aquinas obviously the team to catch and will drop a few games as the seaon progresses. is there a fitness issue? second half fade outs can cost you important games and i think this must be taken care of to win the flag. flag favourites

xavs are a good side with plenty of depth and have the luxury of being able to pick from so many numbers. with the 1s not going so well they could get a few handy players to qualify for finals

the ivanhoe i saw were a good side who played well as a team but they are one of those teams for are up and down on form.

nobs have improved as the season has gone and will continue to do so. bit of a turn around from last year which is good to see. big david renton really making a huge difference

rupo is a side that finishes off strong and i think can really push for the top 4 and if they do, could cause a few upsets

geelong seem to be the unknown. im not really sure what to expect from them put have some good results behind them.

st leos appear to be improving. had a tight win over rupo and now have two on the trot. dont think will challenge for finals however can be one of those sides who trouble the better teams.

therry are not bad but i dont think they will be able to make the finals unless they can get some consistency, had a massive win over a depleted bernards but do not think it will be enough

bernards are can beat some of the teams around them and stick with some of the better sides but have known to drop off when it matters. will win a couple more throughout the year once some key players come back.

fitzroy really struggling due to a second side being brought into the league. this is something that usually happens, but from what i have seen they have shown pieces of good football and may win one or two towards the end of the season

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 U/19 North2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back